[CLOSED][DEV] Magisk Canary Channel - Bleeding Edge Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phoberus

Oct 21, 2013
I'm on the latest canary build and my Banking app "UBS Access" detects root after his latest update. I want to flash the canary debug build and help to optimize it, I think it's a new detection method. Do I need to post magisk.log and logcat? Or which information do you need?

I did all like in the official best practices for magiskhide, safetynet passes und device is certified

martyfender

Mar 9, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I lost hide manager and download section on canary build, anyone has same problem?

You will get that if Magisk Manager is not connected to the internet.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I'm on the latest canary build and my Banking app "UBS Access" detects root after his latest update. I want to flash the canary debug build and help to optimize it, I think it's a new detection method. Do I need to post magisk.log and logcat? Or which information do you need?

I did all like in the official best practices for magiskhide, safetynet passes und device is certified

My guess is that this will fall in the category by topjohn of:

See here:

https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/1152

Last edited:

phoberus

Oct 21, 2013

darenhoff

May 28, 2014
Is magisk working on Q?

Canary Magisk Manager: Link
Canary Magisk Manager (Debug): Link
Latest Release Notes: Link
All Canary Files: Link

The Canary Builds are similar to Google Chrome's: bleeding edge of the source.
Be warned: Canary can be unstable.
The binaries from debug channel are built with debug flag ON

Install Canary Magisk Manager and go to Settings > Update Channel and switch to either Canary or Canary (Debug)
If you need a clean start, download the Canary Uninstaller to uninstall any version of Magisk

How to Report:
  • Only report bugs/logs using the debug channel!!
  • Magisk installation failure:
    In TWRP: Upload the recovery logs (pull the file /tmp/recovery.log, or select "Advanced > Copy Log" and upload)
    In MagiskManager: Choose to save logs after installation and upload
  • Magisk bugs:
    Magisk logs are placed in /cache/magisk.log (For A/B devices, they are actually in /data/cache/magisk.log)
    If you cannot boot or stuck in bootloops, grab logcats (and kernel dmesg if possible) on boot
  • Magisk Manager bugs:
    Grab logcat (NOT magisk logs) when the crash occurs, upload the logs and report how to reproduce
  • SafetyNet / CTS / XXX app won't work after enabling MagiskHide:
    Ignored

Hello everybody.....belated Happy Christmas and Early new year to all.
I am searching all, reading all thru magisk developers notes. It looks till now it is still working in twrp/recovery mode on Q.
Anybody using magisk on Android 10? Need it working on my RN8 AOSIP 10 :eek:
Thanks

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I am searching all, reading all thru magisk developers notes. It looks till now it is still working in twrp/recovery mode on Q.
Thanks
Of course, people use Magisk on Q for quite some time.
Did you search (upper/right) for 10, Q, Pixel, etc

Reactions: RandomPooka

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks

If Magisk didn't work on Android 10, it would have been all over the Android news sources by now. Yes it works with it, and has since the first beta 10 came out in March.

Reactions: yyz71

rcurious

Jul 9, 2011
Hello. My device is using system-as-root without A/B partitions. I want to install Magisk.
I found this guide but It's not clear to me if I must do that with both recovery.img and boot.img or just one of them? Thanks

• Copy the boot/recovery image to your device
  • Download and install the latest Magisk Manager
  • If you are patching a recovery image, manually check “Recovery Mode” in Advanced Settings!
  • Press Install → Install → Select and Patch a File, and select your stock boot/recovery image file
  • Magisk Manager will patch the image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img
  • Copy the patched image from your device to your PC. If you can’t find it via MTP, you can pull the file with ADB:
  • adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.img
  • Flash the patched boot/recovery image to your device and reboot. For most devices, here is the fastboot command:
  • fastboot flash boot /path/to/magisk_patched.img or
  • fastboot flash recovery /path/to/magisk_patched.img if you are patching a recovery image

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Hello. My device is using system-as-root without A/B partitions. I want to install Magisk.
I found this guide but It's not clear to me if I must do that with both recovery.img and boot.img or just one of them? Thanks

You missed this part, in the beginning of the installation instructions:
If your device is NOT A/B, but IS using system-as-root, then you will have to install Magisk to the recovery partition of your device. Follow the instructions in Boot Image Patching, but instead of using your boot image, use your recovery image. Read through the Magisk in Recovery section!
I'm other words: use the recovery image.

Last edited:

edzamber

Feb 21, 2012
@topjohnwu

Hi bro

First Happy New year 2020 [emoji4]

Seems something goes wrong with last magisk manager : after hide it, it appears out of date... Screenshot_20200102-123021.jpg

Reactions: andrey bobylev

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
edzamber;81366479 [user=4470081 said:
@topjohnwu[/user]

Hi bro

Seems something goes wrong with last magisk manager : after hide it, it appears out of date...

It's the stub apk version that's not updating (for whatever reason). It's been brought to @topjohnwu's attention already, so he'll likely have it fixed soon.

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
@topjohnwu

Hi bro

Seems something goes wrong with last magisk manager : after hide it, it appears out of date...

It's the stub apk version that's not updating (for whatever reason). It's been brought to @topjohnwu's attention already, so he'll likely have it fixed soon.

Fixed by installing the most recent manager app from the download link in the release there's, then uninstalling the old app and rebooting .

Not elegant, but it will work for now. Sure to be fixed properly in the next release

martyfender

Mar 9, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Fixed by installing the most recent manager app from the download link in the release there's, then uninstalling the old app and rebooting .

Not elegant, but it will work for now. Sure to be fixed properly in the next release

Please clarify your instructions here as that didn't work for me unless you mean a manager not hidden?
I downloaded the latest app-debug.apk, because I am on the debug build, Or do you mean the Stable Magisk Manager or the app-release.apk?

https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/tree/canary

Thanks

Last edited:

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Please clarify your instructions here as that didn't work for me unless you mean a manager not hidden?
I downloaded the latest app-debug.apk.

https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/tree/canary

Thanks

Steps 1-4 were trying to update from the Magisk Manager app and swearing when it didn't update.

Went to the release thread and downloaded the 7.5.0 Manager APK.

With the old Manager hidden, I installed the new one, opened it, and then uninstalled the old one, leaving only unhidden 7.5.0 Manager

Rebooted to TWRP and flashed the newest Canary build because the new manager didn't see Magisk as installed.

Everything was peaches and cream when I rebooted to the OS.

-- OnePlus 7 Pro, 10.3.0 OOS, Canary update channel, no modules installed, only a few apps hidden with Magisk hide --

phelite2015

Oct 3, 2019
anyone with the same issue with the latest update in canary?
it has an issue with play protect...

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition using Tapatalk

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
anyone with the same issue with the latest update in canary?
it has an issue with play Protect...
Which exact issue with Play Protect?

Btw, it was recommended earlier (a month or so ago, at the time of Magisk 20.1 and the corresponding Canary builds)), to temporarily disable Play Protect while updating Magisk

PS: Btw, MM 265 and Magisk 20201 (Canary), everything ok so far (Huawei P9, Oreo, Direct update)

Last edited:

phelite2015

Oct 3, 2019
Which exact issue with Play protect?

Btw, it was recommended earlier (a month or so ago, at the time of Magisk 20.1 and corresponding Canary builds)), to temporarily disable Play Protect while updating Magisk
i cant post picture here..
but its something just like you say..
i only experience this today, all other updates is working well with play protect...
at first the installation doesnt continue then when you try again,
a pop up saying if i want to install it even it doesnt pass play protect.
i click install it anyway in order to proceed..

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

UPDATE:
its weird but i already solved it..
i just change from wifi to mobile data and now magisk is successfully installed..
but the magisk manager after updating its still showing the old version and saying update is available..

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Update:

Solution: Restore magisk manager, do not hide or rename magisk manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canary Magisk Manager: Link
    Canary Magisk Manager (Debug): Link
    Latest Release Notes: Link
    All Canary Files: Link

The Canary Builds are similar to Google Chrome's: bleeding edge of the source.
    Be warned: Canary can be unstable.
    The binaries from debug channel are built with debug flag ON

Install Canary Magisk Manager and go to Settings > Update Channel and switch to either Canary or Canary (Debug)
    If you need a clean start, download the Canary Uninstaller to uninstall any version of Magisk

How to Report:
    • Only report bugs/logs using the debug channel!!
    • Magisk installation failure:
      In TWRP: Upload the recovery logs (pull the file /tmp/recovery.log, or select "Advanced > Copy Log" and upload)
      In MagiskManager: Choose to save logs after installation and upload
    • Magisk bugs:
      Magisk logs are placed in /cache/magisk.log (For A/B devices, they are actually in /data/cache/magisk.log)
      If you cannot boot or stuck in bootloops, grab logcats (and kernel dmesg if possible) on boot
    • Magisk Manager bugs:
      Grab logcat (NOT magisk logs) when the crash occurs, upload the logs and report how to reproduce
    • SafetyNet / CTS / XXX app won't work after enabling MagiskHide:
      Ignored
    Android Q root baby
    New canary release is now live!
    Due to high demands I added a new canary channel with debug flags turned off, but remember only report bugs/logs when using debug builds!
    FYI, Canary Channels are now moved to a new URL. For existing Canary users, all you need to do is to update to the latest Canary Magisk Manager. Old links will be removed in a couple of days, so please upgrade when it still lasts ?
    Just pushed a new build to fix issues on some devices (known: HTC devices)
    Support for logical partitions will be postponed after the next release cycle, I'm wrapping up for a public release now.