Development [CLOSED][EOL][Odin Installable][ROM][OneUI 4.1] RayOS S21FE for Galaxy A52s 5G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ch3mn3y

Sep 11, 2011
Seaside Voivodeships
www.xperiasite.pl
Hard to tell since we don't know the exact culprit of losing the camera. If camera works for you then you can skip this. But, if you want to pass safetynet this will be necessary since there is a fingerprint miss-match between system and vendor.
Don't need SafetyNet. My bank works (including fingerprint and HCE payments) with only DenyList and hidden MAGISK.

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hard to tell since we don't know the exact culprit of losing the camera. If camera works for you then you can skip this. But, if you want to pass safetynet this will be necessary since there is a fingerprint miss-match between system and vendor.
Another method to make camera work and is my preferred method:

Post in thread '/!\ The latest security update (A528BXXU1CVE1) breaks the camera' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...1cve1-breaks-the-camera.4447043/post-86995031

Mar 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
RayOS S21FE Port for Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Here we go again. I can't live without S21FE system, so now I ported it to my newest device, the Galaxy A52s 5G. It was a little bit more tricky with limited options when it comes to recovery, but it's now available. Since TWRP isn't released yet, I packaged it together to flash with Odin. I've tested it myself and it works for me, but as everything in XDA in uncertain, flash at your own risk.

Code:
* Warning, your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about flashing this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!

Supported variants!
  • SM-A528B

Features!
  • Based on S21 FE June firmware (G990U1UEU3CVF2)
  • Debloated
  • DeX working (wireless and wired to PC via USB)
  • Live Blur
  • Allow screenshots on secure apps
  • Fixed Private Share and Secure Wifi
  • Fixed Secure Folder
  • Fixed Smart View (normally broken on rooted devices)
  • Smart Widgets (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Object eraser (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Remaster picture (Already on S21FE FW by default) [Avoid updating any app related to Gallery or you might lose this option]
  • Edge Lighting fully enabled (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Higher audio quality (Disabled DRC, which deeply compresses audio)
  • High-End Animations (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Enhanced processing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try) (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • CSC Features like:
    • Stock call recording
    • Speed meter on status bar
    • Spam call blocker
  • Added camera privacy toggle to remove camera access across apps (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • Added HDR10+ lines (improves effect in HDR content)

Screenshots!
Soon...

Sources!
I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.

Bugs!
  • Remaster picture breaks if you update system apps with Galaxy Store. I still don't know the exact app update that breaks this (it's not Gallery) but you have been warned.
  • SSRM Warning on every reboot. You can bypass this by flashing the SSRM Warning Removal magisk module in this thread. Will hopefully add this fix natively on future updates
  • You tell me

Changelog!
  • 18/July/2022: Release based on June S21 FE Firmware (G990U1UEU3CVF2)

Links!

Instructions!
  • This will wipe your phone, including media. So backup any media you may have on the phone.
  • Extract all the files using 7-Zip
  • Make sure you've correctly unlocked your bootloader
  • Reboot phone into download mode
  • Place each AP, BL, CP and CSC in their respective locations
  • Flash
  • Odin will reboot your phone once complete
  • Done

Recover camera!
Samsung software locked the camera on the a52s for some reason. It's easy to bypass, just change the props to anything else [A52 4G should work, but you can chose literally anything other than A52s to make it work]
For those who are less knowledgeable on how to do it, here's a quick guide:

• Install the Magisk app from the official GitHub releases (The fw is already Magisk patched, so just installing the app normally should give you root access)
  • Download the Magisk Props Config Magisk module from their thread (make sure you give them a like on the thread)
  • Install a terminal emulator (Termux recommended from Playstore)
  • Install the Magisk Props Config module using Magisk
  • Reboot
  • Open your terminal emulator and type su to give it root permission
  • Type props and it should take you to the props menu
  • Select Edit device fingerprint (option 1)
  • Select Pick a certified fingerprint (option f)
  • Select Samsung (option 26) and select any model you want (It can be Android 11 or 12, doesn't matter)
  • After selecting a model, it should ask you to reboot
  • After reboot, your camera should work. If it doesn't work, force stop it and delete any data it may have already saved and then try again.

Credits!
@SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...dows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@SkylinesHD for his continued work in the A72 scene and continuing to share his knowledge
@ricci206 for various fixes and mods posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mods-samsung-not-android-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/
@Pokemetti2 for discovering the method to bypass camera by changing props
@ All my testers
@ Samsung for the firmware
@ To users like you!

If you feel I missed you, please give me a PM so I can add you
OS , is working Op, only little bit battery draining issue, else Awesome work.

Reactions: Mehrdadneky

psylotek

Apr 15, 2015
Here we go again. I can't live without S21FE system, so now I ported it to my newest device, the Galaxy A52s 5G. It was a little bit more tricky with limited options when it comes to recovery, but it's now available. Since TWRP isn't released yet, I packaged it together to flash with Odin. I've tested it myself and it works for me, but as everything in XDA in uncertain, flash at your own risk.

Code:
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. HARD!

Supported variants!
  • SM-A528B

Features!
  • Debloated
  • Live Blur
  • Fixed Secure Folder
  • Remaster picture (Already on S21FE FW by default) [Avoid updating any app related to Gallery or you might lose this option]
  • Enhanced processing (this also probably doesn't do anything, but give it a try) (Already on S21FE FW by default)
  • CSC Features like:
    • Stock call recording
    • Spam call blocker
  • Added camera privacy toggle to remove camera access across apps (Already on S21FE FW by default)

Screenshots!
Soon...

Sources!
I decided to show my work so to speak on GitHub. You can see the list of all the apps I removed and all the lines that were added to camera and floating features. Feel free to take a look and make pull requests if you want me to add something on potential future releases.

Bugs!
  • Remaster picture breaks if you update system apps with Galaxy Store. I still don't know the exact app update that breaks this (it's not Gallery) but you have been warned.
  • SSRM Warning on every reboot. You can bypass this by flashing the SSRM Warning Removal magisk module in this thread. Will hopefully add this fix natively on future updates
  • You tell me

Changelog!

Links!

Instructions!
  • This will wipe your phone, including media. So backup any media you may have on the phone.
  • Flash
  • Done

Recover camera!
Samsung software locked the camera on the a52s for some reason. It's easy to bypass, just change the props to anything else [A52 4G should work, but you can chose literally anything other than A52s to make it work]

• Install the Magisk app from the official GitHub releases (The fw is already Magisk patched, so just installing the app normally should give you root access)
  • Download the Magisk Props Config Magisk module from their thread (make sure you give them a like on the thread)
  • Reboot
  • Select Samsung (option 26) and select any model you want (It can be Android 11 or 12, doesn't matter)
  • After reboot, your camera should work. If it doesn't work, force stop it and delete any data it may have already saved and then try again.

Credits!
@SuperR. For his Super R's Kitchen which you can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...dows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@SkylinesHD for his continued work in the A72 scene and continuing to share his knowledge
@ricci206 for various fixes and mods posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mods-samsung-not-android-mods-collection-exynos.3772017/
@ All my testers
@ To users like you!

hello, thank you for your sharing, I'm new and little trained, but I have a question, when I unzip the ROM, my CSC and AP files are in .tar so not readable by odin. is this normal?

Caramel02

Aug 4, 2022
Update: Guys, it seems that adding the DeX standalone feature (that allows you to activate DeX without a monitor) breaks DeX to PC. So I'll have to fix it in the next update to be optional.

As of now, DeX to PC will remain broken until next release. DeX wireless still works at least.
waiting for the latest update🔥🔥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, I bring unfortunate news. I will no longer be making Odin installable versions, quite honestly it's much more work than what it's worth.

July is the last update I bring that can be installed in Odin.

I've completed the August patch and currently it's only available for TWRP installation.

I'll probably make a new thread or just edit this one, I don't know yet.

Sorry if I disappoint some of you
    Thread closed on request of OP @ShaDisNX255 who doesn't support Odin install versions anymore.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke

Code:

Supported variants!
    • SM-A528B

Features!
    • Debloated
    • Live Blur
    • Fixed Secure Folder
    • CSC Features like:
      • Stock call recording
      • Spam call blocker

Screenshots!
    Soon...

Sources!

Bugs!
    • You tell me

Changelog!

Links!

Instructions!
    • Flash
    • Done

Recover camera!

• Reboot

Credits!
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @ All my testers
    @ To users like you!

Update: Guys, it seems that adding the DeX standalone feature (that allows you to activate DeX without a monitor) breaks DeX to PC. So I'll have to fix it in the next update to be optional.

As of now, DeX to PC will remain broken until next release. DeX wireless still works at least.
    FAQ
    Q: Will this work on A52 4G or A52 5G?
    A: No, I included A52s 5G specific vendor with hw libs. This will only work on A52s 5G. There is already an A52 4G version here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s21fe-port-for-galaxy-a52-sm-a525g-f.4454855/

Q: Will this work on A73?
    A: I have no clue. I've been told HW is very similar with a few lib exceptions but I honestly have no interest on supporting this device. Anyone else is free to try and flash and fix it for A73, you've got my support.

Q: How can I report a bug?
    A: Try and be as detailed as possible on how you encountered the bug. If you can include a logcat then even better. The more information provided the more likely it is to get the bug fixed.
    Enjoy guys!
    Sorry if you get bombarded with bloat at initial set-up. I deleted the apps but they still show up. The good thing is that 90% of them are uninstall-able by long pressing and installing them from home
    Hope I can get them fully removed on future updates.
    Yoooo a Custom ROM pooog! OneUI based, but at least something! Not gonna flash right now, I'm on vacation and don't have access to Odin, but maybe later.