• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CLOSED] [FREE] [9.0,10.0 &11.0] Bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2 [2021-06-22]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mvpmurali

Aug 16, 2021
Great Thanks to @Raghu varma for getting this done.. Have to thanks @Toxic Urukram for the update that no need to flash the stock rom to device again. One more thanks to @cleanphone for the usb 2.0.

Guys this method works simply to unlock bootloader. Just follow the steps. If you face "
FAILED (Write to device failed (Too many links))
fastboot: error: Command failed"

You Must use usb 2.0 port. believe me I have tried all the ways with 3.0 port none worked. Just use usb 2.0 port and it will be succeed.

My device 7.2 Indian variant , sep 2020 security patch....

Reactions: Raghu varma

mvpmurali

Aug 16, 2021
@Raghu varma But wifi and hotspot not working after twrp or magisk with this...Any help much appeciated.

Tried:
Different TWRP versions
magisk With or without twrp
no magisk no twrp

Going to try:
Pixel 10 with vendor 11

dosix97

Jul 1, 2018
sorry but i have question, that still working? Cause i think after July update cant do it this?

benni3-1415

Aug 21, 2021
Did you use the right DDV file?
I tried the global DDV file on my 6.2 but it did not like it and "failed to verify whole-file signature".

The OP mentioned somewhere that this guide should also work with 6.2. Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct DDV-file?
Hello,
this is my first time installing a custom ROM and I have the same problem:
Nokia 6.2, running Android 10 (upgraded from 9), security patch: July 1, 2021, using DDV_sprout-RVDP.zip

Error:
Code:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
Update package verification took 24.3s (resolut 1).
E:Signature verification field
E:error 21

Install from ADB completed with status 2.
Installation aborted.

Can anyone help me please?​

@Raghu varma , could you provide a sideload package for 6.2 (if the 7.2 version is not compatible with 6.2)?​

PS: great work!​

G0ldenX

Sep 11, 2021
I cant flash Sideload packages. Getting error: " E: Update package is older than the current build,expected a build newer than timestamp 1628233973 but package has timestamp 1624355580 and downgrade is not allowed.
Install from ADB completed with status 1.
Installation aborted."

cleanphone

Oct 26, 2017
I cant flash Sideload packages. Getting error: " E: Update package is older than the current build,expected a build newer than timestamp 1628233973 but package has timestamp 1624355580 and downgrade is not allowed.
Install from ADB completed with status 1.
Installation aborted."

Might this help for a downgrade?

wewuiu

Oct 16, 2021
Nokia 7.2
Might this help for a downgrade?

Hello, I also have the problem of newer firmware and unfortunately the boot.img link is dead, otherwise I would like to try it. What if I just change the package timestamp, is it a bad idea?

edit 1: The timestamp can be changed in the DDV_sprout-RVDP.zip package in meta inf, but I don't know if it works this way, I'm afraid of bricks. ◼️

edit 2: Silly me, with the timestamp it doesn't work, but what could work for some maybe is changing the current slot with fastboot (fastboot set_active other) and do factory reset, because my timestamp number lowered, but it's probably only if your last version was the supported one.

edit 3: at the end it was techmesto who saved me :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed on request of OP @Raghu varma
    bootloader.jpg

Free Bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2

Well , after 2 years finally the dream come true. yes , we achieved what we seen in the title of my thread. atlast free bootloader unlock for Nokia 7.2 running on any android version especially android 10 & upcoming android 11 as well.

So what is the magic behind free bootloader unlock? Yes ! Iam not gonna reveal that but yes as a Nokia community Developer this is what I can provide for your all.

A big massive thank you for my back-end team @hikari_calyx , @singhnsk & especially My Nokia 7.2 & 6.2 community for strong support behind the journey.

So what is the exact steps to make it successfull on your Phone.

1. Make sure you own Nokia 7.2 device & computer running on linux or windows
    2. Connect phone to computer & enable developer options
    3. Enable usb debugging
    4. Download adb platform tools latest from Google & Open command prompt , type adb devices
    5. Type adb reboot recovery
    6. Make sure your device should boot in to stock recovery & Select apply update from adb
    7. in cmd type adb sideload DDV_XYZ.zip ( Select package accordingly to your variant. Example for indians DDVA_sprout , for Russian DDV & for global DDV_sprout )
    8. Wait for 5 minutes to complete the flashing process on locked bootloader.
    9. After flashing completed Select reboot to bootloader
    10. Type fastboot devices
    11. Type fastboot flashing unlock_critical ( see the phone and select unlock the Bootloader using volume buttons and press power button )
    12. Reboot to fastboot again make sure to use volume down and power button at a time for fastboot mode.
    13. type fastboot flashing unlock ( see the phone and select unlock the Bootloader using volume buttons and press power button )

Finally Congratulations 👏 we successfully completed bootloader unlock.

Now what next? Just reflash stock rom from fastboot accordingly to my stock rom flash tool thread.

Thank you !!

Download Sideload Packages
    Download adb platform tools
    Stock rom flash tool thread

Thank you @cleanphone for creating video tutorial to help many 7.2 users for unlocking their bootloader.

Doesn't work . I am at step 8 and 9, typing
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical, but there is no option called "unlock", only start - restart bootloader - recovery mode - power off - boot to ffbm - qmmi.

whats going on?

edit: stuck at this point:

edit 2" ok, i understand now that the phone should ask for confirmation, but it doesnt.
    Great work! Hope the development grow well for Nokia 7.2 & 6.2! 🙂
    Very cool. Is this also going to work for Nokia 6.2?
    yup on the way in few hours