• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CLOSED][GUIDE] DOWNGRADE / UPGRADE [11] <=> [10] [ALL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
DOWNGRADE STEPS for ALL Stock/Custom ROMS

!!!
DOWNSIDE = WIDEVINE L1 => L3
!!!

Prerequisite
. Downgrade = install the lower version of android [11] => [10]
. Upgrade = install the higher version of android [10] => [11]

- ADB & Fastboot required / Phone always connected !!!

- Download both : the full fastboot firmware (.tar) (12.0.8.0 i.e) and its recovery firmware (.zip)

- Extract super.img & stock recovery.img

- on normal fastboot, type :

fastboot flash recovery <stock-extracted-recovery>.img

fastboot reboot fastboot
[mandatory+++]

- You are now in "fastbootd" (yellow), type :

fastboot erase super

fastboot flash super <extracted-super>.img

[this is mandatory because the "SUPER" structure from 10 is different to the one in 11]

fastboot flash recovery <twrp-recovery>.img

fastboot reboot
[keep volume DOWN pressed until you see the normal fastboot splash (blue), then type again] :

fastboot reboot recovery

- in TWRP menu : if you can see the internal storage content, put the recovery firmware (.zip) and flash it.

- if you have corrupted internal storage, make a data format... reboot from TWRP to the normal bootloader and type again :

fastboot boot <twrp-recovery>.img

- in TWRP menu again : Put now the recovery firmware (.zip) to flash it.

- Without rebooting anything : put your android 10 ROM (LOS 17.1 i.e) +/- Magisk & gapps

- Flash 'em All in that order

- format data again

- reboot

These downgrade steps are "tested"
and
work 100% with no issue !!!

Attachments

• Minimal ADB and Fastboot.zip
    3 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Reserved

PART II : UPGRADE
=
RESTORING DRM Keys
L3 => L1

Important !!!

As you you can see, downgrading your android version to [Q] [10] will automatically drop your Widevine to L3 level ... Because once you upgrade the firmware, the TrustedZone (if you downgraded before) will not accept rewriting your old DRM Keys even if you restore them from the "persist" partition. These DRM keys are crypted and stored, in reality, in the TrustedZone; the persist partition only write the decrypted keys to make them readable by your OS.

RESTORE Widevine L1 - STEPS

!!!
Upgrading = flashing SUPER.img and its recovery.img is mandatory
!!!

- The upgrade steps are the same as described in the downgrade process (first post)

- The only way to recover Widevine L1 again after downgrading is to flash the latest xiaomi.eu rom ... because it integers a tool to redownload a new certificate for DRM.

Stock-Original MIUI ROMs don't have this tool yet !!!

01.jpg

02.jpg

Select in "MIUI Settings" :

03.jpg

Here, you must set a lockscreen fingerprint to enable the next feature :[mandatory]
04.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: luongquang

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Select "Fingerprint payments" :

05.jpg

Then "Widevine (L1)" :

06.jpg

Click on "Download certificate" :

07.jpg

08.jpg

Last edited:

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Check now your DRM status !

09.jpg

I rebooted to my TWRP, and installed Pixel Experience [11]. As you can see, the DRM Keys are still in L1 !!!

10.png

Netflix Settings :

11.png

Last edited:
Reactions: luongquang

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Reserved

You can install any custom rom you want [Q] or [R] ... but keep in mind :

Downgrading to [10] = Loosing DRM L1 Keys
Upgrading to [11] = The only way to restore them !!!

To keep your DRM Keys in L1, you must stay in the latest [11] firmware (not necessarily a MIUI ROM) or the newer when it comes !

Cheers

Last edited:

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Please convert your screenshots to thumbnails (use "Attach files" button at bottom left corner) to facilitate topic readability.
It will scatter the steps !!! (Thanks to the XDA bad arrangement)
Use your smartphone ... as i'm doing right now. It's easy to read !

Last edited:

amnher

Reserved

You can install any custom rom you want [Q] or [R] ... but keep in mind :

Downgrading to [10] = Loosing DRM L1 Keys
Upgrading to [11] = The only way to restore them !!!

To keep your DRM Keys in L1, you must stay in the latest [11] firmware (not necessarily a MIUI ROM) or the newer when it comes !

Cheers
Im not sure if this applies to all because in my case ive been flashing A11 miui stock or even custom A11 rom then come back to A10 many times and I didnt have any issue with widevine, its always L1

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Im not sure if this applies to all because in my case ive been flashing A11 miui stock or even custom A11 rom then come back to A10 many times and I didnt have any issue with widevine, its always L1
Do you have any proof ??? you are misleading people for things you have never done ... only in your mind !

Show us the proof here !
downgrade to any custom rom A10 with L1... 1 million dollars baby waiting for you !

Last edited:

amnher

Lol i myself did it back and forth flashing custom rom and stock a10 12.0.9.0 even a11 12.5.1.0 without loosing L1. no need to be rude. Im not saying this applies to everyone. What imsaying is a user like me. Did not have problems in widevine. I dont have the obligation to lie to you or whatsoever. I am here to share my experience just for your clarification. So stop the hate and sarcasm and be open minded kid

Last edited:

PAPalinskie

Jun 23, 2013
Cavite
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Do you have any proof ??? you are misleading people for things you have never done ... only in your mind !

Show us the proof here !
downgrade to any custom rom A10 with L1... 1 million dollars baby waiting for you !
same here. i didnt experience any widevine problems. i keep coming back and forth from a11 fw/miui to a10 fw/miui. the reason that it didnt lost it is because i use recovery upgrade from twrp recovery instead of using stock in OTA. and even with anti count of 2 due to fails of downgrading, it stays at L1. probably what you did is you let the system updates its widevine before trying to downgrade. probably it varies from everyone who got updated from a10 to a11 by using OTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNGRADE STEPS for ALL Stock/Custom ROMS

!!!
    DOWNSIDE = WIDEVINE L1 => L3
    !!!

Prerequisite
    . Downgrade = install the lower version of android [11] => [10]
    . Upgrade = install the higher version of android [10] => [11]

- ADB & Fastboot required / Phone always connected !!!

- Download both : the full fastboot firmware (.tar) (12.0.8.0 i.e) and its recovery firmware (.zip)

- Extract super.img & stock recovery.img

- on normal fastboot, type :

fastboot flash recovery <stock-extracted-recovery>.img

fastboot reboot fastboot
    [mandatory+++]

- You are now in "fastbootd" (yellow), type :

fastboot erase super

fastboot flash super <extracted-super>.img

[this is mandatory because the "SUPER" structure from 10 is different to the one in 11]

fastboot flash recovery <twrp-recovery>.img

fastboot reboot
    [keep volume DOWN pressed until you see the normal fastboot splash (blue), then type again] :

fastboot reboot recovery

- in TWRP menu : if you can see the internal storage content, put the recovery firmware (.zip) and flash it.

- if you have corrupted internal storage, make a data format... reboot from TWRP to the normal bootloader and type again :

fastboot boot <twrp-recovery>.img

- in TWRP menu again : Put now the recovery firmware (.zip) to flash it.

- Without rebooting anything : put your android 10 ROM (LOS 17.1 i.e) +/- Magisk & gapps

- Flash 'em All in that order

- format data again

- reboot

These downgrade steps are "tested"
    and
    work 100% with no issue !!!
    Reserved

PART II : UPGRADE
    =
    RESTORING DRM Keys
    L3 => L1

Important !!!

As you you can see, downgrading your android version to [Q] [10] will automatically drop your Widevine to L3 level ... Because once you upgrade the firmware, the TrustedZone (if you downgraded before) will not accept rewriting your old DRM Keys even if you restore them from the "persist" partition. These DRM keys are crypted and stored, in reality, in the TrustedZone; the persist partition only write the decrypted keys to make them readable by your OS.

RESTORE Widevine L1 - STEPS

!!!
    Upgrading = flashing SUPER.img and its recovery.img is mandatory
    !!!

- The upgrade steps are the same as described in the downgrade process (first post)

- The only way to recover Widevine L1 again after downgrading is to flash the latest xiaomi.eu rom ... because it integers a tool to redownload a new certificate for DRM.

Stock-Original MIUI ROMs don't have this tool yet !!!

01.jpg

02.jpg

Select in "MIUI Settings" :

03.jpg

Here, you must set a lockscreen fingerprint to enable the next feature :[mandatory]
    04.jpg

09.jpg

I rebooted to my TWRP, and installed Pixel Experience [11]. As you can see, the DRM Keys are still in L1 !!!

10.png

Netflix Settings :

11.png

Please convert your screenshots to thumbnails (use "Attach files" button at bottom left corner) to facilitate topic readability.
    Thanks, but that's a total nightmare, even with the XDA app. My eyesight is not that good, so I have to use the PC.
    Use any smartphone browser. I never use XDA app !