[CLOSED][GUIDE] Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Pixel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Vortuks

Jul 13, 2014
Mod edit: Thread closed due to the below linked subject matter related thread! Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator

Hello everyone,

here's a magisk module which enables VoLTE & VoWiFi & 5G:

Old post(original)
I wanted to share my knowledge in single thread how to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi in unsupported countries :)
Requirements:
- Windows,
- ROOT via MAGISK,
- Around 30 minutes of free time.

Full guide is here.
YouTube video presenting how to do it:

I attach required files(as repo zip) with full README.

Last edited by a moderator:

mightyvenom

Jul 7, 2011
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my knowledge in single thread how to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi in unsupported countries :)
Requirements:
- Windows,
- ROOT via MAGISK,

Full guide is here.

First of all, thank you for the time and effort you put into creating this guide. It is really appreciated.

I have a few questions I need to ask, if I may:

1. What is the difference between your method and that other method on 4a 5G forum that says to just flash the magisk module? As I am currently running the second method I must say I do get 5g icon/speed and also volte/vowifi works ok where I live (Romania, Bucharest). However, I am aware I might be missing some features like 4G Carrier Aggregation (I think that is 4g+) and proper band allocation for 5G. Will your method unlock these too? Granted that I will need to use the correct mbn for my operator.

2. I read on your github description that the magisk module you mention changes some build.prop values. If I want to add/change more values besides the ones you mention, how can I achieve that? I have no technical knowledge on how to modify an existing magisk module..

3. If I am going to use your method, will it be required to repeat the qpst/efs steps each and every time I perform an OTA update?

4. Based of your method, how can I also unlock 5G access ? What additional files I need to edit in order to achieve this?

Hopefully you can provide some answers, for which I would be very grateful.

Vortuks

Jul 13, 2014
First of all, thank you for the time and effort you put into creating this guide. It is really appreciated.

1. What is the difference between your method and that other method on 4a 5G forum that says to just flash the magisk module? As I am currently running the second method I must say I do get 5g icon/speed and also volte/vowifi works ok where I live (Romania, Bucharest). However, I am aware I might be missing some features like 4G Carrier Aggregation (I think that is 4g+) and proper band allocation for 5G. Will your method unlock these too? Granted that I will need to use the correct mbn for my operator.

2. I read on your github description that the magisk module you mention changes some build.prop values. If I want to add/change more values besides the ones you mention, how can I achieve that? I have no technical knowledge on how to modify an existing magisk module..

3. If I am going to use your method, will it be required to repeat the qpst/efs steps each and every time I perform an OTA update?

4. Based of your method, how can I also unlock 5G access ? What additional files I need to edit in order to achieve this?

About the guide - no problem. I just want to share knowledge :p

1.) The difference is that I'm modyfing(in fact reseting) only the necesary props and adding selected MBN to the modem partition. Module mentioned "overwrites" the system MBN's, while I'm adding a new one directly to the modem. Also, this module modifies a lot of props and resets them to specified values - I'm doing only the necessary ones.
Currently my method doesn't unlock 5G - but also on the same page(4a 5G) they've used the same method.
I've just copied all the details into single guide, so everyone, who wants to have a working VoLTE and VoWiFi can use my guide without searching whole forum for posts etc.

I've tried to use this Magisk module, but it didn't work with my country(Poland) with my operator(Orange) - so I'm using this method. It should work on pretty much every Android version, while I can't guarantee that the mentioned module will.

2.) If you want to edit more props, you can add them to my module or create your own.
Topjohnwu have a great guide how to do it and how to build your own magisk module.

3.) Yes, you need to do it after OTA, because OTA is updating modem partition and overwriting changes.

4.) I don't have access to 5G right now, but @Kars88 wrote it perfectly:

EDIT:
Btw. @mightyvenom Thanks for reminding me about that module, probably I'll create my own based on the one that you've mentioned - I just saw some new flags, that may be helpful with my research

Last edited:
Reactions: mightyvenom

mightyvenom

Jul 7, 2011

1.) The difference is that I'm modyfing(in fact reseting) only the necesary props and adding selected MBN to the modem partition. Module mentioned "overwrites" the system MBN's, while I'm adding a new one directly to the modem. Also, this module modifies a lot of props and resets them to specified values - I'm doing only the necessary ones.
Currently my method doesn't unlock 5G - but also on the same page(4a 5G) they've used the same method.
I've just copied all the details into single guide, so everyone, who wants to have a working VoLTE and VoWiFi can use my guide without searching whole forum for posts etc.

I've tried to use this Magisk module, but it didn't work with my country(Poland) with my operator(Orange) - so I'm using this method. It should work on pretty much every Android version, while I can't guarantee that the mentioned module will.

2.) If you want to edit more props, you can add them to my module or create your own.
Topjohnwu have a great guide how to do it and how to build your own magisk module.

3.) Yes, you need to do it after OTA, because OTA is updating modem partition and overwriting changes.

EDIT:
Btw. @mightyvenom Thanks for reminding me about that module, probably I'll create my own based on the one that you've mentioned - I just saw some new flags, that may be helpful with my research
Thanks for your answers. I will try your method and compare the results with the initial solution I have found.

Let us know if you make any progress in changing the magisk module from the Pixel 4a 5G forum. I am particularly interested to achieve 4G CA more than 5G to be honest, maybe this is doable.

Vortuks

Jul 13, 2014
Thanks for your answers. I will try your method and compare the results with the initial solution I have found.

Let us know if you make any progress in changing the magisk module from the Pixel 4a 5G forum. I am particularly interested to achieve 4G CA more than 5G to be honest, maybe this is doable.
@mightyvenom
It should enable CA(I guess), because you're essentially loading a proper MBN for your network provider - those files contains data about CA. At least in Poland it works.

nothing done on my side yet, when 2022.12 update will be out I'll try to create a proper Magisk module and share results.

Reactions: mightyvenom

Vortuks

Jul 13, 2014
@mightyvenom
if you want, you may test out this module.
It it unfinished, todo:
- fix path for MBNs,
- new github repo,
- test for 5G(need to retweak system.prop).

I've added two props:
persist.vendor.radio.mbn_load_flag=3 persist.vendor.radio.mbn_wait_s=60
I've flashed November Full IMAGE(without deleting data), applied Magisk, applied this module and I got VoLTE&VoWiFi (in IMS it is registered).
If you didn't the method with flashing through efsTools.exe it should enable you a VoLTE/WiFi.

Attachments

• P5-test-module-2022-12-04.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 111

inzaghi89

May 16, 2015
I'm not sure, that done right, after your last post, but after placing latest module to magisk - nothing has changed. I see an option to enable volte/vowifi, but still no success with calling. After making a call it still switch to 3g/hsdpa. I'm on pixel 5 and tmobile (pl).

Is there still needed to create an mbn file with efstool?

Edit
I've solved with this thread https://xdaforums.com/t/module-to-enable-5g-volte-vowifi-on-pixel4a-5g-pixel5.4207725/ just to let you know, for me works only applying magisk module :D. Really not sure why, because I haven't apply mbn file. But as you can see here - I can call over LTE and my phone is registered https://101010.pl/@inzaghi89/109661148495494919

Last edited:

Mctrixy

Jul 24, 2015
I appreciate the work you've put in, but I'm finding the instructions a little unclear. Could someone please give another description of the process to follow? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod edit: Thread closed due to the below linked subject matter related thread! Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator

Hello everyone,

here's a magisk module which enables VoLTE & VoWiFi & 5G:

Old post(original)
    Requirements:
    - Windows,
    - ROOT via MAGISK,

Full guide is here.

@mightyvenom
    if you want, you may test out this module.
    It it unfinished, todo:
    - fix path for MBNs,
    - new github repo,
    - test for 5G(need to retweak system.prop).

I've added two props:
    persist.vendor.radio.mbn_load_flag=3 persist.vendor.radio.mbn_wait_s=60
    I've flashed November Full IMAGE(without deleting data), applied Magisk, applied this module and I got VoLTE&VoWiFi (in IMS it is registered).
    If you didn't the method with flashing through efsTools.exe it should enable you a VoLTE/WiFi.

EDIT:

@mightyvenom
    It should enable CA(I guess), because you're essentially loading a proper MBN for your network provider - those files contains data about CA. At least in Poland it works.

nothing done on my side yet, when 2022.12 update will be out I'll try to create a proper Magisk module and share results.