Question [CLOSED] Help! Bought dodgy phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Google Pixel 7
I new it was to good to be true, the reason my phone keeps saying cannot use voice or connot use sim 1, is due to someone selling me a phone that was previously on a contract! And of course there is no trace of this guy, I contacted Google, they need proof of perchase! Yeah that's not going to be simple to get, it's there any way of unlocking this device? I haven't tried any other sim, apparently it's a Three network phone but iv been using my EE sim this hole time for a long time to, can I root to fix this or?

I do not want to lose this phone because of some scammer

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Google Pixel 7
You got lucky this time. Don't ever put yourself in that position again.
Definitely not! I honestly think the adviser that done it was an understanding guy, because if that was anyone else I don't think they would have done that for me, but yes, if y'all are buying phones look up the IMEI this will tell you everything you need to no about the phone

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I new it was to good to be true, the reason my phone keeps saying cannot use voice or connot use sim 1, is due to someone selling me a phone that was previously on a contract! And of course there is no trace of this guy, I contacted Google, they need proof of perchase! Yeah that's not going to be simple to get, it's there any way of unlocking this device? I haven't tried any other sim, apparently it's a Three network phone but iv been using my EE sim this hole time for a long time to, can I root to fix this or?

I do not want to lose this phone because of some scammer
How much did you pay for this device?

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Thread closed since the OP's question has been answered and XDA Rule #9 violations for changing IMEI's.

9. Don't get us into trouble.

Don't post copyrighted materials or do other things which will obviously lead to legal trouble. If you wouldn't do it on your own homepage, you probably shouldn't do it here either. This does not mean that we agree with everything that the software piracy lobby try to impose on us. It simply means that you cannot break any laws here, since we'll end up dealing with the legal hassle caused by you. Please use common sense: respect the forum, its users and those that write great code.

-Regards: Badger50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts