• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CLOSED]Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
So i was in school but i noticed my phone was ressetting, so i was looking at it and it started updating, i took out the battery but every time i try to put it back in it starts the update over again, any tips?
Edit: Right now the battery is still out of the phone, and it is not updated, but it starts the update immediatly if i put the battery back in

Last edited:

BigBungus

Nov 2, 2021
Back in June I enabled USB debugging and installed some apps on my phone. I updated my phone after that and now I'm not able to uninstall any of my apps. I would like to just uninstall all of my apps that I installed because I don't want my parents to find out that I hacked it but I'm not able to. Any tips?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I just got the notification that there was an update available. Does anyone know what this update does? I wasn't smart enough to uninstall the updater when I had the chance. If this update uninstalls everything I added, that is exactly what I am looking for. Otherwise, I probably don't want it. I don't know how to decline the update though.

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
Back in June I enabled USB debugging and installed some apps on my phone. I updated my phone after that and now I'm not able to uninstall any of my apps. I would like to just uninstall all of my apps that I installed because I don't want my parents to find out that I hacked it but I'm not able to. Any tips?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I just got the notification that there was an update available. Does anyone know what this update does? I wasn't smart enough to uninstall the updater when I had the chance. If this update uninstalls everything I added, that is exactly what I am looking for. Otherwise, I probably don't want it. I don't know how to decline the update though.
I would suggest foldering the icons for the apps to make them more hidden, hold tap on them, and then tap/move to the folder option, and put them in
You can also fill it with random contacts, just so it doesnt show the apps on the thumbnail, that would be a bit of a givaway!

In terms of what this new update does, we don't really know. I would personally assume that it somehow stops you from flashing ROMs onto the phone, as that is the main vulnurability, and the one we've been exploiting.

As far as releasing the PDF goes, I'm not sure when that will happen, but I personally don't see why we shouldn't make it public as it's really just a better copy of the flashing guide i wrote a while back, though, with a few improvments! (such as working drivers lol)

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
I also am not allowed to power down just yet, as Mr. Macphisto has, (as far as I know) sadly left the cause, and we need a new spokesman/announcer guy.
I'm not going to go in-depth about the details, but I do not belive he has plans of actively making posts, or answering questions. Hopefully he'll reply and say I've got this wrong, but I am fairly sure he has left for now. :(

In the meantime, if you have questions, contact me, and I'll do my best to answer them!

[email protected]
Or DM me by clicking my PFP and clicking "Start Conversation"

BigBungus

Nov 2, 2021
I would suggest foldering the icons for the apps to make them more hidden, hold tap on them, and then tap/move to the folder option, and put them in
You can also fill it with random contacts, just so it doesnt show the apps on the thumbnail, that would be a bit of a givaway!

Thanks a lot for that idea, I never thought about that. My phone restarted by myself, and it updated, but I cant really tell what happened. I'm still able to use snapchat though.

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
Yes! I'm really just waiting on the go ahead from the majority of the chat, (which just means waiting for them to respond) but if there isn't a response, or its not conclusive *by tonight* I will publicly release the PDF and the files on here, as i know some people watching this thread don't have accounts to msg me on.
The PDF contains nothing that ive not already posted, and Gabb already knows this. The important thing is to get this out as fast as possible, before people are *forced* to update.

titan212662

Oct 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
Yes! I'm really just waiting on the go ahead from the majority of the chat, (which just means waiting for them to respond) but if there isn't a response, or its not conclusive *by tonight* I will publicly release the PDF and the files on here, as i know some people watching this thread don't have accounts to msg me on.
The PDF contains nothing that ive not already posted, and Gabb already knows this. The important thing is to get this out as fast as possible, before people are *forced* to update.
yeah can i help 🙃

Mabey we can find a way to get the apps on a developer code or folder?

iluvdogz

Nov 2, 2021
hey so i just got the update notifaction and i cept delaying it but after three tries of delaying it it said restarting in 10 seconds for update then it freaking restarted my phone before i could do anything about it did this happen to any one else?

also, I just claimed my free Gabb shirt, I'm gonna use it as a shooting target for bow and arrow practice it's perfect for it because it's bright yellow and it says GABB WIRELESS in big letters, helps me take out my rage lol.
thats awesome bro does any one else get a big laugh with the contest they come up with like i once got a text from gabb saying something about entering a gabb contest to show off your gabb skills wtf i didnt know they was such a thing as gabb skills

Howl1346

Aug 13, 2021
Washington
www.youtube.com
WE HAVE CASES OF BRICKING PHONES, WE CANT SEND THE GIDE OUT TO ANYMORE PEOPLE YET
If the instructions are followed properly, (including installing drivers) then there *shouldn't* be a problem flashing the OS.... But there should really be a video explaining the process as it is somewhat confusing :l
I might try to make one at some point if Iqlessmemes doesn't
I *might* also write a program/script to automate the process, but no promises there as my skills in coding are not the best!

Last edited:

tintedpandas

Aug 1, 2019
If the instructions are followed properly, (including installing drivers) then there *shouldn't* be a problem flashing the OS.... But there should really be a video explaining the process as it is somewhat confusing :l
I might try to make one at some point if Iqlessmemes doesn't
I *might* also write a program/script to automate the process, but no promises there as my skills in coding are not the best!
Have you successfully flash the Gabb rom? I followed the instructions but couldn't get the Gabb rom to work. I am confident that I'm doing it correctly, because I've been able to flash the Yahoo Mobile and Visible roms which both worked fine (though obviously not useful in this case), but the Gabb rom just leaves me with a black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If someone could send me an email I'd really appreciate it! [email protected]
    Gabb must have already figured it out because I just got a notification for a software update, but I'm hoping I can figure it out before the update goes through.
    Interesting... Everybody like this post if you're getting a similar notification
    I think this tutorial might work.
    Hey all, it's Niko, owner of the thread. You guys might wonder why I never replied with any information.

Basically, I got videos downloaded and my parents gave up, so we got rid of the phones.

My brother just got one again so I'm back in buisness. However this is not my current XDA account anymore so I might start a new thread. I'll be looking throughout this one.

I really appreciate everybody willing to help each other out. Have a good one
    I have an idea. Go into android recovery (power and volume up buttons) and select the wipe data/factory reset option. Just know your parent (might) have to enter the email address associated with the phone. I have never done that because I never had a reason to but just select that option and it may downgrade it.
    I understand this thread might be a bit aged. I was looking into getting a Gabb Z2 just for hackery and stuff. I am looking for any way to hack it in general. I had a thought; couldn't one just use Magisk and use that to root the device? It would be much easier than doing it yourself, wouldn't it?
    Also, couldn't one just install the GSI of whatever version of android the device is currently running?