[CLOSED] Is it possible to retrieve/change IMEI programmtically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Laktus

Aug 14, 2022
Hi,

I have a Googke Pixel 4a (currently not near me, is at a friends place) and a Google Pixel 6 to test with.
I wanted to ask if it is somehow possible to change the IMEI programmatically? Is that only possible with a rooted phone?
I found a script on github {Mod edit}, however this doesn't work because `fastboot getvar imei` returns FAILED since the imei variable isn't present.

Would be happy to receive any help!

Best regards,
Laktus

Last edited by a moderator:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Hi,

I have a Googke Pixel 4a (currently not near me, is at a friends place) and a Google Pixel 6 to test with.
I wanted to ask if it is somehow possible to change the IMEI programmatically? Is that only possible with a rooted phone?
I found a script on github {Mod edit}, however this doesn't work because `fastboot getvar imei` returns FAILED since the imei variable isn't present.

Would be happy to receive any help!

Best regards,
Laktus
@Laktus Welcome to XDA. I hope you'll always find and get the support you require. However, I suggest to review the forum rules, to which you agreed to adhere when you registered on this private platform minutes ago.

Thread has been edited and closed!
Edit or change of IMEI is illegal in quite a few of countries. For this reason, I've edited your post! XDA doesn't allow and doesn't accept discussions about or support for such an edit or change. Same applies to your case.
XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
9. Don't get us into trouble.

Don't post copyrighted materials or do other things which will obviously lead to legal trouble. If you wouldn't do it on your own homepage, you probably shouldn't do it here either. This does not mean that we agree with everything that the software piracy lobby try to impose on us. It simply means that you cannot break any laws here, since we'll end up dealing with the legal hassle caused by you. Please use common sense: respect the forum, its users and those that write great code.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.