Development [CLOSED][KERNEL] [Android 13] [v13.1] MVK - Maximum Velocity Kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Kernel development is fast underway. Those interested in helping test please let me know. The first thing I need to test is whether the builds Im making will work on ALL variations of the June release. Im just on the generic one and thats what I built for but anyone on a carrier build or the JP one that wants to verify boot and that things are working correctly that would be extremely helpful.

Reactions: JRJ442

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Give me some time.....stuff ended up not working as intended. Probably tomorrow, but thank you.

Last edited:

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Ok, I think were finally cooking with gas.....looks like gone are the days of a simple boot.img flash and Ill need to migrate to using an anykernel zip format, which is fine and in a lot of ways simpler provided you have an app to flash them. Not sure if you can sideload these but Ill look into it further. I should have an actual test up yet today for anyone who can flash it.

Every new device I get has a learning curve to building for it. This one is totally new to me but Ill get it sorted out soon enough one way or another.

Ideally I want to resurrect Velocity....baby steps though

Yeah, I'm getting back into it after years of not messing with my phones, my last real contribution to XDA was in 2019. This time I'm hoping to get into the development scene rather than just messing around, good luck! Lots if not everything has changed since my days.

Reactions: ctfrommn

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
I ran out of time to get anything super exciting done (this is a giant PITA) but there is a zip in the test folder that "should" work on all June builds but feel free and let me know if it doesnt.

At this point this is a optimized (slightly by my standards) stock build. Everything works normally and it does feel better.

No idea if this works via ADB sideload but kernel apps should all work, FKM does for sure.

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
I ran out of time to get anything super exciting done (this is a giant PITA) but there is a zip in the test folder that "should" work on all June builds but feel free and let me know if it doesnt.

At this point this is a optimized (slightly by my standards) stock build. Everything works normally and it does feel better.

No idea if this works via ADB sideload but kernel apps should all work, FKM does for sure.
After flashing it with FKM, how would I go about getting Magisk flashed again? I haven't used FKM in quite a while.

Flashing with FKM results in boot loop for me, flashing stock boot.img didn't fix it. I'll just have to flash full stock firmware with wipe option disabled.

EDIT: Phone really did not like me using the flash-all.bat from firmware to flash it, refused to flash system partitions. Ended up using Android Flash Tool from Google and now the phone is back.

Thankfully the 6a is not my main phone so I can keep testing builds even if they bork the phone. Let me know if you need any logs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    v13.0_alpha is up....see changelog for details
    v13.1 is up.....this is for the current, stable release (TP1A.220624.021.A1) , not the beta. I dont flash betas so I havent tried it with it.
    I'm going to start working on 13 tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a working build by early next week.
    Every new device I get has a learning curve to building for it. This one is totally new to me but Ill get it sorted out soon enough one way or another.

Ideally I want to resurrect Velocity....baby steps though