Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
If youre rooted now you will be after as well
It didn't work for me either. Flashing with FKM resulted in a boot loop. I tried sideloading the Verizon OTA zip, that's the build I'm on. Then it would get mostly through the boot animation and would restart. Tried safe mode and it booted. Then a normal reboot and that did the trick. I think this phone is gonna be a finicky one. Lol

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
It didn't work for me either. Flashing with FKM resulted in a boot loop. I tried sideloading the Verizon OTA zip, that's the build I'm on. Then it would get mostly through the boot animation and would restart. Tried safe mode and it booted. Then a normal reboot and that did the trick. I think this phone is gonna be a finicky one. Lol
No, this kernel building is whats finicky....Im told disabling verity on our phones would do the trick but Im not willing to go there quite yet.

Thanks for trying it....I did upload a second one that also booted right up for me but dont feeli like you have to try it....Ive been fighting with bootloops for 2 days now so I get it.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Ive been building Roms and kernels for over a decade and this is definitely the most challenging time Ive had. This new layout with GKI is super confusing.

Reactions: piperx

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Ok, I approached this differently. If someone can try test 3 to see if it boots that would be great. Worked fine for me over rooted stock.

This is more inline with how I used to build them but since we have verity on we cant just fastboot a boot.img.

Reactions: JRJ442

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
Ok, I approached this differently. If someone can try test 3 to see if it boots that would be great. Worked fine for me over rooted stock.

This is more inline with how I used to build them but since we have verity on we cant just fastboot a boot.img.
This one flashed and booted for me with FKM on build SD2A.220601.004. What should the kernel version in settings say? I'm not really sure if that changed or not.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
This one flashed and booted for me with FKM on build SD2A.220601.004. What should the kernel version in settings say? I'm not really sure if that changed or not.
Its still reading as stock so but this is definitely using the Image I build vs the stock one. Just glad it booted....that at least proves this can work like this.

Thank you, more tests to follow.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
So while Im building the boot.img with my kernel Image I am almost certain the boot image isnt actually getting flashed which is why all appears to be as stock, because it is.

This is all very confusing. For whatever reason FKM is flashing it but its not actually being applied.

Back to work on it some more

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
While I didnt want to do it, I went ahead and disabled verity (had to factory reset) to see if that allows flashing modified boot.img's.

Looks like after all that, its still a no go to boot. I have no idea what the issue is but this may be a while

Edit: So not entirely true....I resynced all the source and started fresh modifying very little at a time and now I can flash the boot.img in the output folder and it boots and shows changes. Ill upload one in a bit for someone to try

Edit 2 : Build up, this is a patched bootimage so root will be retained if it flashes and boots. I would DEFINITELY just fastboot boot it though before flashing.

Last edited:

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
While I didnt want to do it, I went ahead and disabled verity (had to factory reset) to see if that allows flashing modified boot.img's.

Looks like after all that, its still a no go to boot. I have no idea what the issue is but this may be a while

Edit: So not entirely true....I resynced all the source and started fresh modifying very little at a time and now I can flash the boot.img in the output folder and it boots and shows changes. Ill upload one in a bit for someone to try

Edit 2 : Build up, this is a patched bootimage so root will be retained if it flashes and boots. I would DEFINITELY just fastboot boot it though before flashing.
I can test it tomorrow.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
New test up, flashable zip again, this time with just the boot.img in it. Works fine for me, but thats nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    v13.1 is up.....this is for the current, stable release (TP1A.220624.021.A1) , not the beta. I dont flash betas so I havent tried it with it.
    Maybe turn off modules, download then flash new kernel and see if it boots? Then enable modules one by one to see what happens. I use magisk boot loop protector module too .... Use that first 😅
    Update -- running MVK with no problems. I loaded the kernel before adding Magisk modules and have yet to figure out what caused the conflict.
    v13.0_alpha is up....see changelog for details
    v13.1 is up.....this is for the current, stable release (TP1A.220624.021.A1) , not the beta. I dont flash betas so I havent tried it with it.
    I'm going to start working on 13 tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a working build by early next week.
    Every new device I get has a learning curve to building for it. This one is totally new to me but Ill get it sorted out soon enough one way or another.

Ideally I want to resurrect Velocity....baby steps though