Development [CLOSED][KERNEL] [Android 13] [v13.1] MVK - Maximum Velocity Kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Test 4 booted for me but the kernel version in settings looks unchanged.
Sweet....yeah, no idea why its being hardcoded but this is a custom kernel....I was able to change the name and host names. Seems the date/time is pulling from the last git commit in the AOSP tree by default.

Can you screenshot the full kernel name from whatever kernel app youre using?

Last edited:
Reactions: JRJ442

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
Sweet....yeah, no idea why its being hardcoded but this is a custom kernel....I was able to change the name and host names. Seems the date/time is pulling from the last git commit in the AOSP tree by default.

Can you screenshot the full kernel name from whatever kernel app youre using?
Here's the kernel version

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220807-224541.png
    Screenshot_20220807-224541.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 41

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
Well WTF....its definitely not flashing the bootimage. Youre using FKM or some other app?

It should look like this.....

Also, can you try unzipping that, grabbing the boot.img and then fastboot boot it?
I used Kernel Flasher from the Pixel 6 forums here on XDA this time. Let me try FKM and see what happens. If it still doesn't change I'll try fastbooting it.

@ctfrommn I tried using FKM. Same result. It didn't actually flash even though it said it did. I used fastboot but it wouldn't boot then. I wonder what patching the boot img with Magisk and fastbooting it would do? Lol. I might try that tomorrow just to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctfrommn

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
I used Kernel Flasher from the Pixel 6 forums here on XDA this time. Let me try FKM and see what happens. If it still doesn't change I'll try fastbooting it.

@ctfrommn I tried using FKM. Same result. It didn't actually flash even though it said it did. I used fastboot but it wouldn't boot then. I wonder what patching the boot img with Magisk and fastbooting it would do? Lol. I might try that tomorrow just to see.
Man this is frustrating..... Thank you for your help. I'll keep looking into options.

I do know that disabling verity works but that is another factory reset which is a pain.

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Awesome, but I have no Telegram account. Whats involved in connecting with you there?
ah, it just uses your phone number and a username, but you can hide your phone number from others:) It's where a lot of the android development scene currently lives. A lot of projects are not posted on XDA anymore or have their support chats on Telegram. Here is my direct link: http://t.me/despairfactor

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
And with even more help from @DespairFactor he uncovered a fundamental flaw in the way the code was setup which explains all the issues weve been having. I think this is fully fixed now and I can actually start doing dev stuff.

Next build should be legit (but still simple) and flashable for all, but you will need to be rooted to flash the zip.

Alpha 1 up. Flashable zip via kernel app or other flashing app. Need to be rooted first.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRJ442

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Alpha 2 is up....updated to Linux 5.10.114 so far. Only 21 more versions to be up fully up to date....lol. Much much more to come, but this is a nice update.

This works on any A12 June build.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    v13.0_alpha is up....see changelog for details
    v13.1 is up.....this is for the current, stable release (TP1A.220624.021.A1) , not the beta. I dont flash betas so I havent tried it with it.
    I'm going to start working on 13 tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a working build by early next week.
    Every new device I get has a learning curve to building for it. This one is totally new to me but Ill get it sorted out soon enough one way or another.

Ideally I want to resurrect Velocity....baby steps though