Development [CLOSED][KERNEL] [Android 13] [v13.1] MVK - Maximum Velocity Kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
will this work in 6 pro?
I highly doubt it. The vendor_boot is different. As soon as I'm done getting this up to my standards I may build for all 3 devices, but for now just the 6a.

Add stated in the op, this is my personal kernel I choose to share here, my days of mass development for multiple devices are in the past.

And based on the general lack of interest I may not even bother keeping it here, well see.

Last edited:

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Likely one more A12 version for those not moving to A13 right now. Then Ill start A13 development but it will be a while before I have a build I would guess. Im definitely staying on A12 for now.

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
Flashing with FKM results in boot loop for me, flashing stock boot.img didn't fix it. I'll just have to flash full stock firmware with wipe option disabled.

EDIT: Phone really did not like me using the flash-all.bat from firmware to flash it, refused to flash system partitions. Ended up using Android Flash Tool from Google and now the phone is back.

Thankfully the 6a is not my main phone so I can keep testing builds even if they bork the phone. Let me know if you need any logs.
Same experience here - ran zip with FKM and it looked good - went to reboot and boot loop. Same here - boot.img didn't fix it. No biggie - android flash tool ftw.

Phone is straight from google unlocked - US verision (if there is such a thing).

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
Got things to work - I'm told if you have root you shouldn't have to do this, but I did and it worked for me. Just a small sample set though lol

Ran fastboot flash --disable-verity vbmeta vbmeta.img Got this from another thread...again shouldn't have to use it but it worked for me.

Running MVK now - woot - just in case others have this issue.

EDIT: anyone reading this just keep in mind. This is just my experience and I am no dev...just a lurker that likes to tinker. It's very well the probabilty I screwed up an fastboot command somewhere lol. Really just put this out there in case the issue is more than that.

Last edited:

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Interesting.....I just reflashed A13 stock, patched stock boot, flashed kernel and had zero issues with booting or rebooting.

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Makes me wonder if magisk modules or some other variable is causing issues. But agree, "kernel" development is definitely different on these newer devices. I miss the days of simply flashing a boot.img. Having to package the vendor portions into a "kernel" adds so much complexity.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRJ442
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    v13.0_alpha is up....see changelog for details
    v13.1 is up.....this is for the current, stable release (TP1A.220624.021.A1) , not the beta. I dont flash betas so I havent tried it with it.
    I'm going to start working on 13 tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a working build by early next week.
    Every new device I get has a learning curve to building for it. This one is totally new to me but Ill get it sorted out soon enough one way or another.

Ideally I want to resurrect Velocity....baby steps though