Development [CLOSED] LineageOS Rom for Pixel 5a Android 11 - April 16, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
You MUST be on Android 11 to use this!!!!!

If your not, you must flash latest Google factory image for Android 11

This is based on the Android Open Source Project. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. It does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

Gapps must be flashed separately and are not included in this ROM.

All the source code is available in the Github repo here. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features here.

Thanks go to Github and LineageOS for their source code and device specific code. I couldn't have built this without it!!!

The ROM uses the LineageOS source code, device specific code and proprietary blobs. I made other minor changes and used compression to lower the file size of the ROM, creating more space in the internal storage with minor reduction in performance. Repo Synced every three days to keep the code base fresh. Also updated daily with minor changes.

DOWNLOAD BOOT, ROM & GAPPS HERE

FLASH BOOT TO BOTH SLOTS IN BOOTLOADER

fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img

REBOOT TO RECOVERY

FACTORY RESET

SIDELOAD ROM IN RECOVERY

adb sideload 20220416-barbet-OFFICIAL-signed.zip

REBOOT TO RECOVERY. IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY SWITCH SLOTS

SIDELOAD GAPPS

adb sideload SayaGapps-mini-20220418-signed.zip

REBOOT TO SYSTEM

REBOOT TO RECOVERY TO ROOT

SIDELOAD MAGISK.APK

adb sideload magisk.apk

REBOOT TO SYSTEM

OTA updates are now available through the built in updater on the phone and are updated daily.

Check settings, system, advanced, updater.

Download and let update install. Reboot to system.

You can change the preferences in the updater to check for updates automatically daily and you will get a notification when a update is available. Default setting is once a week.

Root is now retained after update. No need to root again after applying update.

Screen call now works with my latest gapps packages.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTK19 and EXV

Klimon5

Sep 19, 2015
Huawei Nexus 6P
LG V30
What's the difference between this rom and the official lineage os 18.1 rom? I know you stated,

"The ROM uses the LineageOS source code, device specific code and proprietary blobs. I made other minor changes and used compression to lower the file size of the ROM, creating more space in the internal storage with minor reduction in performance. Repo Synced every three days to keep the code base fresh. Also updated daily with minor changes."

Is that all?

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
What's the difference between this rom and the official lineage os 18.1 rom? I know you stated,

"The ROM uses the LineageOS source code, device specific code and proprietary blobs. I made other minor changes and used compression to lower the file size of the ROM, creating more space in the internal storage with minor reduction in performance. Repo Synced every three days to keep the code base fresh. Also updated daily with minor changes."

Is that all?
Yes, basically the same, just uses my own signatures and a lower file size as it states. Other difference is that I update it daily while the other one is updated weekly.

Reactions: Klimon5

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
I like this ROM quite a bit on my Pixel 5a. Is it possible to get the Google Assistant working?

Riddickulus
Works fine but needs to be set manually in the settings. Go into settings and search assistant then select digital assistant app and change it to Google. Default setting is None. You must also be using either my gapps that are included to flash seperately or another form of gapps that have the google digital assistant app present. Any other gapps or none at all, then it won't work.

Last edited:

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Official builds as of 02/19/22. Must wipe previous builds to avoid bootloop.
Test keys replaced by official developer signed private keys. Updater will not work on previous builds. Must update to this build manually to receive future updates in the updater.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTK19

blasf69

Apr 29, 2013
warshington
Google Pixel 5a
Mr. Sayaman, I keep getting an "oops no mirrors available" error when trying to download your files. any clue why?
Thank you for taking the time to create this mod for us freeloaders.

One more question:
I just installed the official lineage, seems to work except it's not seeing my sim card. Any idea if your build will fix that issue?

edit: reflashing fixed sim issue.

Thanks for any help/info!

Last edited:

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Mr. Sayaman, I keep getting an "oops no mirrors available" error when trying to download your files. any clue why?

One more question:
I just installed the official lineage, seems to work except it's not seeing my sim card. Any idea if your build will fix that issue?

Sorry, looks like Android file host is having problems. I uploaded them to my google drive and updated the links where you can download. As far as your sim card. I have Verizon and don't have such issue. What is your carrier? All I can say is to try it and find out for yourself. I don't have other carriers so I really couldn't answer that question. Also, make sure you are factory resetting when coming to this build. My signature keys are different from the other Lineage build and it will not boot otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: blasf69

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Due to lack of interest, this thread will be closed and no further updates will be made here. If you want to download this ROM, it will be available on Android File Host at the link supplied in the OP.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You MUST be on Android 11 to use this!!!!!

If your not, you must flash latest Google factory image for Android 11

This is based on the Android Open Source Project. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. It does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

Gapps must be flashed separately and are not included in this ROM.

All the source code is available in the Github repo here. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features here.

Thanks go to Github and LineageOS for their source code and device specific code. I couldn't have built this without it!!!

The ROM uses the LineageOS source code, device specific code and proprietary blobs. I made other minor changes and used compression to lower the file size of the ROM, creating more space in the internal storage with minor reduction in performance. Repo Synced every three days to keep the code base fresh. Also updated daily with minor changes.

DOWNLOAD BOOT, ROM & GAPPS HERE

FLASH BOOT TO BOTH SLOTS IN BOOTLOADER

fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img

REBOOT TO RECOVERY

FACTORY RESET

SIDELOAD ROM IN RECOVERY

adb sideload 20220416-barbet-OFFICIAL-signed.zip

REBOOT TO RECOVERY. IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY SWITCH SLOTS

SIDELOAD GAPPS

adb sideload SayaGapps-mini-20220418-signed.zip

REBOOT TO SYSTEM

REBOOT TO RECOVERY TO ROOT

SIDELOAD MAGISK.APK

adb sideload magisk.apk

REBOOT TO SYSTEM

OTA updates are now available through the built in updater on the phone and are updated daily.

Check settings, system, advanced, updater.

Download and let update install. Reboot to system.

You can change the preferences in the updater to check for updates automatically daily and you will get a notification when a update is available. Default setting is once a week.

Root is now retained after update. No need to root again after applying update.

Screen call now works with my latest gapps packages.
    OTA updates are now available through the built in updater on the phone.

Is that all?
    Yes, basically the same, just uses my own signatures and a lower file size as it states. Other difference is that I update it daily while the other one is updated weekly.
    Official builds as of 02/19/22. Must wipe previous builds to avoid bootloop.
    Test keys replaced by official developer signed private keys. Updater will not work on previous builds. Must update to this build manually to receive future updates in the updater.

One more question:

Sorry, looks like Android file host is having problems. I uploaded them to my google drive and updated the links where you can download. As far as your sim card. I have Verizon and don't have such issue. What is your carrier? All I can say is to try it and find out for yourself. I don't have other carriers so I really couldn't answer that question. Also, make sure you are factory resetting when coming to this build. My signature keys are different from the other Lineage build and it will not boot otherwise.