LOSQ/LiR - LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI

Search This thread

Fjord1

Jan 20, 2020
Try this way out, for me worked on lir-v302 .
I have set Rendering mode = Backend - OpenGL in the application on stock FW (by default Vulkan is set there, therefore the application does not start, IMO) and extracted from phone. Download link .
Install linked app, then go (restart your phone if needed) to Settings/Apps/See all/ open "PPSSPP" > set permissions (all) and use "Force stop".
Go back to the main screen and launch PPSSPP. It should work, in app logo you will see 'Open GL ES' in the bottom line. GL!
Hi Alf, what are your favorite games?

-Alf-

Does flashing the latest version of Magisk with recovery work?
Of course :)
Screenshot_20210613-133406_Magisk.png

-Alf-

Simple question, is there a way to save contact on sim card? lol I don't find anyway to do that old fashion thing
The same here :) . If you want, try some apps from Play store , but first of all check RIL function -
- dial *#*#4636#*#*
- phone information
- 3 dots - view SIM address book.
If it works, you can try some apps, or replace Dialer apk., Contacts apk., etc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Incomtus

Gladiator00

Oct 15, 2012
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi, I'm relatively new on this device, is there a full guide I can look at to install LineageOS 17.1, from the stock Huawei ROM,
Model ANE-LX2
EMUI build number 9.1.0.353(ZAFC185)
EMUI Version 9.1.0
Android Version 9.0

I would think the guide on the first page works, but I saw mentions of incompatibilities with different EMUI builds as well as bootloader unlocking, hence this comment. Help a brother out, thanks!

Edit: I found this guide (https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-flashing-treble-images-and-going-back-to-emui.3798971/) is this method fine for installing LineageOS 17.1?

Last edited:

Gladiator00

Oct 15, 2012
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I am new on this device, in terms of bootloader unlocking? Do I have to unlock it (and pay the 4 Euros) or can I go on without doing so?

What I understand is that I do not need to unlock my bootloader to install LineageOS 18 as the TWRP Recovery was needed to install root and L18 comes preinstalled with root/magisk, etc. Please correct me if im wrong.

-Alf-

I am new on this device, in terms of bootloader unlocking? Do I have to unlock it (and pay the 4 Euros) or can I go on without doing so?

What I understand is that I do not need to unlock my bootloader to install LineageOS 18 as the TWRP Recovery was needed to install root and L18 comes preinstalled with root/magisk, etc. Please correct me if im wrong.
Unlocking the bootloader is the first step needed to install Custom ROM. No matter which Custom ROM is to be installed.
"as the TWRP Recovery was needed to install root" - Magisk root can be installed without TWRP .

Last edited:
Reactions: Gladiator00

Gladiator00

Oct 15, 2012
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Unlocking the bootloader is the first step needed to install Custom ROM. No matter which Custom ROM is to be installed.
"as the TWRP Recovery was needed to install root" - Magisk root can be installed without TWRP .

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I thought I could get by without unlocking the bootloader, to install the GSI. That clears it up a little more. Is there a way to not pay the 4 Euros and unlock the bootloader? I only found the hardware way where the guy opened up his phone and did stuff like that. Thanks otherwise!

-Alf-

I Ignored it, it seemed to work but then i reboot to recovery, restore factory settings and reboot and it just gets stuck in a wierd loop and then goes back to the eRecovery, what can i do?

View attachment 5359019
View attachment 5359017
- In fastboot mode run command
fastboot erase userdata
and reboot the phone.
What is your EMUI version?
- According to what I see in the screenshot, you don't have access to recovery (it's greyed out, IDK why).
- IMO flash Service ROM and then do clean LIR flashing.

If you have followed instructions in OP to the letter and it didn't work, i'm afraid I cant help you...

Isaacoso

Jul 10, 2021
- In fastboot mode run command
fastboot erase userdata
and reboot the phone.
What is your EMUI version?
- According to what I see in the screenshot, you don't have access to recovery (it's greyed out, IDK why).
- IMO flash Service ROM and then do clean LIR flashing.

If you have followed instructions in OP to the letter and it didn't work, i'm afraid I cant help you...
-I tried the command and its still doing the wierd bootloop :(
-My EMUI version is 9.1.0.355
-In the picture yeah, for some reason when it gets stuck in the loop it boots into the eRecovery and those options get greyed out, but if i shutdown and enter eRecovery it gets backed to normal, its really wierd
-With "service" ROM do you mean like stock ROM? I guess i can try

I did follow all the instructions in order and all so i dont know, right now im going back to the same EMUI version i was on using the eRecovery to download it and i will try doing all the things you told me and post my results here.

Isaacoso

Jul 10, 2021
I mean Service (full stock) ROM downloaded from androidhost.ru .

Maybe its just me, but the ROM just totally refuses to work, for example I can install the version you posted of Alpha ROM which is also Android 11 based an it works just fine but for some reason this specific ROM does not.

For now I decided to keep my device with the Lineage OS 17 build installed on it but I would really like for the 18 version to work so im going to post a screenshot of my device info so that maybe you might look into it or give me some more suggestions on how to make it work.

Thanks for all your help so far and I hope this will be fixed soon :)

214082906_211389244216233_8884114686777877855_n.jpgScreenshot_20210711_013119_com.huawei.android.projectmenu.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who want to try LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI . IMO stable enough to be used as your daily driver.

LOSQ/LiR is not developed nor maintained by me!
    Credits: @eremitein

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.1, with stock recovery_ramdisk.

Note: I prefer to install in fastboot mode, it's quick, easy and most importantly, safe.

IMPORTANT! Before booting up the ROM, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery!
    Install arm64-b.. only!

1. LOSQ - LineageOS 17.1-[10]-unofficial-GSI
    with the GAPPS
    GAPPS
    without GAPPS
    Vanilla
    -----------------------
    LiR- LineageOS 18.1-unofficial-[11]-GSI
    Download

2. Extract the ROM .img file from the compressed file.
    3. Flash extracted losq/lir... .img from fastboot , use command
    fastboot flash system (file_name).img
    4. Run command fastboot reboot, unplug your phone, when appears on screen yellow warning, press and hold for 3 sec Volume Up . In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.Reboot .

NFC patch:

https://xdaforums.com/t/losq-lineageos-17-1-unofficial-gsi.4219291/post-84394147

Magisk root (23.0):

(Note: If you don't plan to use TWRP, simply install patched Recovery_ramdisk in fastboot mode. Run command
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched-23.img ),

- download and install Magisk manager-23.apk:
    https://mega.nz/file/go0m2RiR#M5UTv6FPjWPtDaGPr-u2tpJMCwdf8uwnniZg69LiGfw

- Install TWRP-9.1
    https://mega.nz/#!tkcTlATI!A8UJGPBGtxJbLcUOJoxCGJj5PFZXzCnjbb3OkwqKTP8
    over eRecovery (it's necessary on EMUI 9.1):

- copy TWRP file to the SD card, and also copy to the SD card patched Recovery_ramdisk:
    https://mega.nz/file/lp1kHLxJ#htCMaPjSsg_dy0w_jNOft-t_DZRAPwhOvwy_Wr2cjX8

- flash TWRP - run command
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk (TWRP's_name).img
    - boot into TWRP, select storage - SD Card, select "Install image", find TWRP-9.1.img file and mark eRecovery, swipe. Go back, find magisk_patched-23.img file, mark Recovery, swipe. Go back to the TWRP's main menu, select Reboot > Recovery. Done.
    Note: you then need to boot your phone every time via Recovery. It'll boot into android as normal but with root.

( Note: for those who want keep the erecovery as a fail-safe:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/...-erecovery-with-twrp-installed-on-it.4357127/ )

To remove Magisk reinstall stock recovery_ramdisk via TWRP or fastboot , download Here

How to boot into TWRP:
    - Turn off your phone, connect to the PC (or charger), then press and hold Power + Volume Up, device will reboot into eRecovery (= TWRP).

How to boot into patched Recovery :
    - Restart your phone, when appears the yellow warning on the screen, press and hold Volume Up for ~ 2 sec,
    release the button and immediately press and hold again for ~ 2 sec. Repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery (you can perform Wipe cache or Factory reset).

ROOT WITH SUPERUSER:

1. In TWRP flash Zip.file
    2. Install Phh Superuser apk .(if needed) https://mega.nz/file/A4sWFYxZ#9KMkvKRgzU7oCvgThPFQOpv_wKAnLZcZVWcJ03HDyNE

Tips:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/treble-gsi-favorite-gallery-camera-and-file-manager.4246019/
    Okay, I have enough gps to use that phone I think with google precision location. But I think if I had to daily dive a car I would get back to stock lol
    Hello, maybe I found how to fix GPS (I'm running Lir again :p ).
    I tried replace some files with default extracted from stock, and it worked :oops: .
    - Download files:
    - Go root/system/etc
    - Replace gps.debug.conf with downloaded gps.debug.conf file
    - Copy to system/etc also second file gps.debug
    - Open system/etc/permissions and copy here android.hardware.location.gps.xml file.
    Restart.
    Screenshot_20210510-133144_GPS_Test.pngScreenshot_20210510-133201_GPS_Test.pngScreenshot_20210510-133229_GPS_Test.png
    Did anyone testet LineageOS 18.1 as their daily driver and can give a review?
    I use it for about a week as daily driver.

I think it's a lot smoother in daily handling than stock ( I use it with nova launcher). After some tweaking every thing I need is working:
    • I get full safety net with magisk and hide props plugin. I also use systemless host. I do not see netflix in playstore, but I could install the app from apkmirror and start it . I don't have an account, so I can't tell if it really works.
    • NFC fix is installed and works. To use it with the german ausweisApp I had to install xposed and nfc extended module. My finding was, that enabled xposed kills safetynet status, so it's not active until I need it.
    • The german bank app dkb tan2go has a very aggressive root detection, it works while magisk is frozen (with titanium).
    • All other banking apps I tried did work with magisk hide (I don't use garmin pay with my watch, so I did not try google pay)
    • Switching audio after inserting / releasing wired headsets does work.
    • Fast charging works (did not try offline charging, I just switch my phone to flight mode if I don't use it)
    I just found two minor issues until now:
    • Bluetooth is sometimes a bit buggy: Headphones disconnect after starting to play audio - but this happens only for 1- 4 times, then the connection is stable. This affects different receiver, so I think it's a problem with the rom / the phone.
    • Signal meter for mobile radio does not work, but you can use apps/widgets from play store to show signal strength
    Hope this helps
    :cool:
    LineageOS 18.1- unofficial GSI my experience: for huawei owners, this is basically the same ROM as 17.1 except of dynamic root (Z) - 18.1 is pre-rooted with the SuperUser (you can enable/disable superuser root without rebooting).
    Download:
    GAPPS
    Vanilla

Screenshot_20210302-225526_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225652_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225032_PhhTrebleApp.png
    Screenshot_20210302-224902_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225157_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225132_Trebuchet.png