Recognized Developer
lineage-os-logo.png

Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus

Code:
- Your warranty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus.

Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
  • Nokia 6.1 (2018)​
    • PL2 - Official builds​
    • PL2 - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
  • Nokia 6.1 Plus​
    • DRG - Official builds​
    • DRG - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
  • None.​
  • Find any? Report them according to this guide.​
Notes:
  • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.​
  • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10822415

The official PL2 downloads page that is linked in the post does not include 19.1 builds. I'm just reporting this in case something has been forgotten. Of course, it could also be because the builds are just not ready yet.

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
hello @theimpulson, @npjohnson, I was able to upgrade from official lineageOS 18.1 to official 19.1 successfully, the system represents good stability in general, although I have found these bugs.
======Overall error and performance report=======
-Sometimes the system freezes and restarts when I format the MicroSD as portable storage.
-The error still persists in the installation of applications that exceed 500mb or download of additional content from the playstore in adoptable storage(It starts to corrupt the files and sometimes when you transfer the files to the microSD in the adoptable storage, some of them get corrupted).
-Native screen recorder does not record system audio.
-Sometimes the interface feels a bit slow, but it does not affect daily use.
-The new camera application does not have the option to save the videos or photos to the memory card.
-The native voice recorder does not have the option to save the records on the memory card and its options are not translated into Spanish.
-The native AUDIOFX equalization application sometimes applies the adjustments made from the interface (I think it may be because it has remained in its version 2.2.0 and has not received an improvement in the last 2 years, since android 10 LineageOS 17.1 that is in that version), it would be great if the EQ Reverb option would work on this device :).
-The transmission of content over Wi-Fi has unfortunately lost performance compared to the previous version, an approximate loss of 17 to 28% :(, sound cuts are persistent and this also affects the image but to a lesser extent (In the previous version, the transmission was practically stable at all times).
-occasional slowness in the operating system, from what I see the system moves without difficulty with this device, but sometimes it loses that performance, so I think that optimization in the call of the processes would be lacking to improve its performance.
-The vibrate of the device responds late and this happens on several occasions and can become somewhat annoying :(.
-There are occasional leaks in the ram memory, generating performance problems and forcing the device to restart.
-Occasional audio cuts when using the microphone of the bluetooth headphones (as an alternative solution when this happens, it is to restart the device with a charge greater than 30%).
-When pressing from the notification bar in do not disturb mode, the device sometimes loses its performance completely, having to restart the device, a somewhat strange error, which did not usually occur in previous versions of LinegeOS.

=======What works well======
-There has been an improvement of approximately 7% in the audio recording by microphone with the WhatsApp application compared to the previous version.
-Good operation of the sound in the speakers of the device with this version of android.
-Despite the drop in performance that the device sometimes suffers, the connection to the bluetooth headset is approximately 5% faster.
-Image effects in all apps are well done and look great on the device :).
-The calls are quite stable, I have even improved the recovery of the signal in areas of poor coverage :).

-In general the performance of the system is quite good to be the first compilation of this new version.

-Everything else is working correctly so far (I haven't tried all the features of the new android version yet).
I have to congratulate again @theimpulson, @npjohnson for their great effort to bring a new version of android for this Nokia 6.1 device

Last edited:
Reactions: theimpulson
Dec 23, 2021
Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
  • Nokia 6.1 (2018)​
    • PL2 - Official builds​
    • PL2 - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
Does that mean that in order to try out this rom I have to be on LOS18.1?
Because I'm on stock oreo and it feels awkward to install LOS18.1 then LOS19.1.

Akssingh767

Feb 27, 2022
I am currently using posp rom based on android 12.1 on nokia 6.1 plus . When i try to boot lineage os recovery with fastboot it stucks on android one logo what am i doing wrong plz teel me .

Akssingh767

Feb 27, 2022
I successfully flashed the lineage os and it was a stable experience and was great. But to update the rom do i need to manually adb sideload or it will be automatically updated through updater.

Dec 23, 2021
No, but you do need to be on stock pie
Oh ok thanks.

By the way I was wondering can I use that new iOS-to-Android whatsapp transfer feature?

You can read more about it here but basically it allows you to connect an iphone via a usbc-lightning cable and transfers all whatsapp data to the android phone.

It should be present in an android 12 rom but I'm worried that since the rom has no otg support I wouldn't be able to use it so any idea about this?

Thank you in advance and pardon me if my questions don't relate much to the purpose of this thread.

Dec 23, 2021
And another piece of info you might find useful, back in the day when I was on the official LOS17.1 (Android 10) that you guys made, I was able to use the otg even though it wasn't supported.

I would first plug in my otg usb (and the phone wouldn't recognize it) and then power off the phone, then unplug the otg and turn my phone on, and when it's done powering on I put the otg back into my phone and it would recognize it normally.

I didn't have any external kernels or twrp or anything back then, just the official los with magisk.

And the trick used to work almost always (about 95% of the time or more) but I don't know which step of it is the important one as there may be steps I did that were unnecessary.
I hope this can help.

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
======New bug and performance report=======
-The transmission of content over Wi-Fi has unfortunately lost performance compared to the previous version, an approximate loss of 17 to 28% :(, sound cuts are persistent and this also affects the image but to a lesser extent (In the previous version, the transmission was practically stable at all times).
-occasional slowness in the operating system, from what I see the system moves without difficulty with this device, but sometimes it loses that performance, so I think that optimization in the call of the processes would be lacking to improve its performance.
-The vibrate of the device responds late and this happens on several occasions and can become somewhat annoying :(.
-There are occasional leaks in the ram memory, generating performance problems and forcing the device to restart.
-Occasional audio cuts when using the microphone of the bluetooth headphones (as an alternative solution when this happens, it is to restart the device with a charge greater than 30%).
-When pressing from the notification bar in do not disturb mode, the device sometimes loses its performance completely, having to restart the device, a somewhat strange error, which did not usually occur in previous versions of LinegeOS.
-There has been an improvement of approximately 7% in the audio recording by microphone with the WhatsApp application compared to the previous version.
-Good operation of the sound in the speakers of the device with this version of android.
-Despite the drop in performance that the device sometimes suffers, the connection to the bluetooth headset is approximately 5% faster.
-The calls are quite stable, I have even improved the recovery of the signal in areas of poor coverage :).

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
======New bug and performance report=======
Where are you possibly pulling these arbitrary percentages lol

Reactions: MartJI.V.

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
Where are you possibly pulling these arbitrary percentages lol
It is only an approximate, I am guided by the performance that I have experienced in the previous version of android, but it is only an approximate.
but as I mentioned being the first build of this new version, the overall performance is excellent and @npjohnson I have to congratulate him for his hard work and dedication for making the decision to keep bringing this device to life :D.

Reactions: npjohnson

AeneasG

Nov 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your work! I'm eager to test it :)

What isn't clear to me from the instructions: Is it necessary to first sideload the 19.1 recovery image or is the 18.1 recovery sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus.

Downloads:
    • Nokia 6.1 (2018)​
      • PL2 - Official builds​
    • Nokia 6.1 Plus​
      • DRG - Official builds​
      • DRG - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.​
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660
    Sorry to bother you @npjohnson, in one of the improvements that you implemented for adoptable storage for the lineageOS 20 version, mentioning cts, it could be the solution to the problem of data corruption, in case there is The tests have been carried out and it has represented proper functioning, it would be possible that I could implement it in LineageOS 19.1 (version officially supported by LineageOS for this device currently), since I am running this version waiting for the next official version by LineageOS, Best regards :),
    sorry for the inconvenience

all important commits from 20 have/will be back ported to 19.1
    The official PL2 downloads page that is linked in the post does not include 19.1 builds. I'm just reporting this in case something has been forgotten. Of course, it could also be because the builds are just not ready yet.
    It's literally being built right now lol
    How did you pass safetynet ? By ih8sn ? Can you share those files (or config only) ?

I want to prolong my parents Nokia 6.1 PL2 by installing Lineage + MTG. Your Unofficial is very large though.

I'm using poco x3pro vayu with ih8sn
    hello @npjohnson, In the recently published update (05-17-2022) the native application of the phone is requesting access to the location too many times, in fact the green icon appears too many times whether or not the location is activated and it is really annoying I don't know if it's a bug, it would be great if you could verify this problem and if it's possible, a solution can be found, because this didn't happen in previous updates :(
    It's a May ASB bug - it will be fixed in next build.