Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

amirizad_7436

Sep 6, 2018
Advance setting
Mobile data on sim2
Seconds
And can't turn off location on quick setting (statusbar)
That what don't work on lasted version on j53g
Can I flash 4.1 version of this room without any wipe??

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Advance setting
Mobile data on sim2
Seconds
And can't turn off location on quick setting (statusbar)
That what don't work on lasted version on j53g
Can I flash 4.1 version of this room without any wipe??

I know that the location quick settings issue was reported a page ago, since its being reported again its clearly not just an isolated incident. Try pulling the logcat on whats going on when you hit the panel?

Yes you should be able to flash 4.1 on top of your 4.2, as it will register as nothing more than an update to the system. You can, if you want, still do a wipe of your system. If you were switching from this rom to another, i'd say wipe.

Reactions: amirizad_7436
D

Deleted member 7484896

Is anyone else experiencing app crashes after the SELinux update? E.g. FakeStore, F-Droid Privileged Extension... Here's the log of the last crash:

https://del.dog/uguzubemar.cs

Anyway, I was also wondering if it's safe to downgrade this ROM just one version (before the SELinux update) by flashing the zip file using TWRP (without having to lose any of my apps and files ofc).

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190622-034223_Strafe.png
    Screenshot_20190622-034223_Strafe.png
    64 KB · Views: 256

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Is anyone else experiencing app crashes after the SELinux update? E.g. FakeStore, F-Droid Privileged Extension... Here's the log of the last crash:

Anyway, I was also wondering if it's safe to downgrade this ROM just one version (before the SELinux update) by flashing the zip file using TWRP (without having to lose any of my apps and files ofc).

Thanks.
Should work (not tested).
If you are rooted, you can try to run
as root in a terminal (e.g. adb shell) to switch to permissive until next reboot.

American_Jesus

Mar 9, 2016
Lisbon

Thanks.
Using NanoDroid-{microg and F-Droid} modules, and have no issues with SELinux.

D

Deleted member 7484896

Should work (not tested).
If you are rooted, you can try to run as root in a terminal (e.g. adb shell) to switch to permissive until next reboot.

Oh, I had totally forgotten about setenforce. Thanks, I'll try that.

Using NanoDroid-{microg and F-Droid} modules, and have no issues with SELinux.
You mean Magisk modules? Unlucky me then, because I use the same NanoDroid modules. Speaking of which, do you upgrade your NanoDroid modules often (once a new version is released)? Or you do like myself and flash NanoDroid modules only once...? I'm asking because I'm on an older version (see screenshot) and I'm not sure if I flash the newer version it'd break something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190622-140153_Magisk_Manager.png
    Screenshot_20190622-140153_Magisk_Manager.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 837
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 7484896

Okay, so I tried setenforce 0 and I was still getting crashes. Then I went YOLO mode and flashed the most recent NanoDroid modules on top of the ones I had installed then I prayed it would boot.

So it did boot, and the crashes are gone and SELinux is enabled again, which is just great. So no need to downgrade the ROM. :)

Thanks for helping, guys. And most importantly, thanks jenslody for this awesome ROM.

acharya21

Mar 4, 2016
Faridabad
@jenslody
Found a small bug when i try to enable call forwarding i get this msg on j5lte . Btw i tried to enable radio as well to check if it works then or not but it doesn't. Rest everything working super smooth best rom for j5lte thanks for your hard work dev :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190625-093644_Phone_Services.png
    Screenshot_20190625-093644_Phone_Services.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,410
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootleggers.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
    and ends the world as we know it.
    You have been warned.

Rom-Information

Bootleggers ROM 9.0 Official (Shishufied)
    We finally reached the first stable Pie release (Bootleggers 4.0).

More information about the rom can be found:
    Galaxy-MSM8916 device-tree from unofficial LineageOS 16.0
    no Gapps included

What works

in general same as unofficial LineageOs 16.0
    in detail, most stuff works: ril, wifi, gps, video, audio, bt-audio, pip

Bugs
    • NFC (J500FN)
    • no Volte!
    • You tell me

Credits

Sources
    Downloads from sourceforge (preferred)

Downloads from my server (deprecated for the rom itself)

Instructions
    MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !
    Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !
    1. Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, ODIN version might come)
    2. Download the latest build
    3. Put it on your device
    4. Reboot to TWRP
    5. If you want to be sure wipe the device
    6. Flash the latest build
    7. Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
    8. Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.

I use it as daily driver without major issues.

I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom but need to be enabled in "Settings -> Bootleg dumpster -> Miscellaneous" and granted in "Settings -> apps" and/or in microG-Settings.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] Bootleggers ROM Pie for J5 (2015), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    jenslody
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MarshMallow Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-10-13
    Last Updated 2019-06-25
    Reserved

Trying to make the rom selinux enforcing, see: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79390118&postcount=1520

Original post updated, please (re-)read, if you want to test.
    Finally it happened, the first stable Pie release of Bootleggers is out.
    Welcome the new 4.0-Stable build.
    Download links as ususal in the first post, sourceforge is currently (carefullly said) a little bit slow, estimated upload time for one device currently at 10 hours (!!!).
    So only the links to my server work.

Many tweaks under the hood, greatest change for most users: we switched to Snap instead of the AOSP-stock cam, so using the shipped camera should give you a much better experience now.
    Sound might be a little bit louder, not really checked, it's nearly midnight now, I'm deadly tired (debugged until 4:30 last night and had only four hours of sleep) my daughter sleeps and I can not test, sorry.
    As always any feedback is welcome.

And: no, the OTA-app is still not ready, so manual downloading is needed.
    I just uploaded a new build to my server, which fixes the home-button-does-not-wake-up-device-issue and the not reachable sim-settings.
    The rom now comes with a preinstalled browser.
    The camera/flashlight issue is not fixed: randomly the flashlight/torch does not work from quick-settings and the camera crashes, sometimes both work (mostly after a longer up-time of the device), but the camera always takes square photos, while the video-format is okay.
    Third party cameras work (at least OpenCamera a real good camera from F-Droid).

Many optical updates: lots of the great Bootleggers themes and new real cool icons for the QuickSettings).

Unfortunately the launcher has changed, because lawnchair (still alpha) caused massive lags on some devices, so it was (temporarily) removed in favor of a modified launcher3. Be aware, that all launcher settings have to be redone.
    But as you know (if you have read the OP) the status of this rom ist still testing, so such changes can happen, even if nobody is really happy with it.
    But still a rom, that works surprisingly stable on our old, small devices, I use it on work every day and never had any trouble with it.