[CLOSED][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.4.0-0 | Team Win Recovery Project | Nokia 7.1 | Crystal |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About Team win recovery project

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

Installation procedure

1 . Download twrp-3.4.0-0-CTL_sprout.img & twrp-installer-3.4.0-0-CTL_sprout.zip copy in one folder
2. connect phone to pc boot your phone to download mode
3. open cmd in that folder
4. type fastboot devices
5. type fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0-CTL_sprout.img
6. now your phone will boot in to twrp
7. now copy twrp installer.zip in to your phone from pc using type c usb cable
8. now flash twrp installer zip ( this will make your twrp permanent )
10. now flash magisk or what ever your wish and press reboot system
11. now if you people want to boot in to twrp? power off your phone connect to pc or charger
& wait for battery logo and press volume up and power button for 8 seconds now you will boot in to twrp

Download Android 10 Twrp-3.4.0-0 From Here

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.4.0-0 , for the Nokia 7.1

Contributors
Raghu varma
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_nokia_CTL_sprout
My build script https://github.com/RaghuVarma331/scripts

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.x
Stable Release Date 2019-01-26

Created 2019-01-26
Last Updated 2020-06-25

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019
Hi Raghu, I appreciate the work you are doing for the Nokia community!

I have a question... if I boot directly into TWRP instead of flashing TWRP over my stock recovery, is it truly necessary to reflash the stock recovery? Like for instance, I only want to load magisk on my device/create a nandroid backup and keep stock recovery and stock OS until the Android Q release. Though, from experience from other devices I have owned... booting directly into TWRP instead of flashing only is temporary and keeps the stock recovery intact. I am not sure from your tutorial if I truly need to flash my stock recovery after just booting TWRP temporarily?

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad

I have a question... if I boot directly into TWRP instead of flashing TWRP over my stock recovery, is it truly necessary to reflash the stock recovery? Like for instance, I only want to load magisk on my device/create a nandroid backup and keep stock recovery and stock OS until the Android Q release. Though, from experience from other devices I have owned... booting directly into TWRP instead of flashing only is temporary and keeps the stock recovery intact. I am not sure from your tutorial if I truly need to flash my stock recovery after just booting TWRP temporarily?

if you want to get back to your stock recovery just flash your stock boot.img of the respective security patch

for example you flashed twrp on may 2019 pie
and now you want to get back to stock recovery?
so just flash using fastboot flash boot boot.img ( may 2019 boot.img)

Jun 9, 2019
if you want to get back to your stock recovery just flash your stock boot.img of the respective security patch

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, I couldn't pull my stock recovery from adb and had to use the terminal inside TWRP to pull my recovery. After successfully getting stock recovery, I patched the stock recovery (after copying) to my external SD with magisk and flashed that via adb. Magisk is now installed and I am satisfied.

Note: this is relatively the first time I am leaving stock recovery on my device vs custom recovery to keep the OTA updates. This is because there isn't much of a dev community here at the moment and not much to do on the device.

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
New Build Is Up
Based On R40
Android version - pie
twrp- based on June 2019

################ The final Main installation procedure #################

Note - this will work only On June 2019 Security Patch And From Now i will update Twrp Every Month

1 . Download twrp-3.3.1-0-CTL.img & twrp-installer-3.3.1-0-CTL.zip copy in one folder
4. type fastboot devices
5. type fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-0-CTL.img
11. now if you people want to boot in to twrp? just power off your phone connect to pc or charger
& wait for battery logo and press volume up and power button for 8 seconds now you will boot in to twrp

congratulations now you are successfully booted in to twrp

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Note - Twrp Support is back for Nokia 7.1

Changelog

13-12-2019

* Initial android 10 twrp builds are up
* Twrp based on 3.3.1-0
* Supports on Android 10 stock roms and custom roms
* supports on Android 9 stock roms and custom roms
* Follow instructions as i mentioned above in the xda thread for installation
* Omni sources based on latest r47
* Decryption works

Last edited:
Reactions: nayneshdev

giant_karlik

Dec 2, 2011
Moscow
Hi,
I used to be into flashing phones back in the day but now I'm a bit rusty so my question is simple:
Do I have to unlock the bootloader first before I can flash twrp? It is a painpoint for me on this phone that there is no simple way to do that.
Thanks.

Jun 9, 2019
Hi,
I used to be into flashing phones back in the day but now I'm a bit rusty so my question is simple:
Do I have to unlock the bootloader first before I can flash twrp? It is a painpoint for me on this phone that there is no simple way to do that.
Thanks.

Before you can modify anything on a phone you always have to unlock the bootloader. Since Nokia does not allow official bootloader unlocks, we have to go through a paid method (see other threads about unlocking the bootloader here).

Last edited by a moderator:

Reysen

Jul 11, 2018
Android 10 TWRP doesn't work on 7.1 december update

Hey,
Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this project, really helped me when I was using android 9.
But I can't seem to make the latest version you uploaded work now that I'm on android 10. When I try to boot the image file I'm stuck on the android one logo, no matter how much I wait.
So I was wondering if the latest update isn't supported yet or if I'm doing something wrong.
Really sorry to bother you if it's the former.
Have a nice day.

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Hey,
Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this project, really helped me when I was using android 9.
But I can't seem to make the latest version you uploaded work now that I'm on android 10. When I try to boot the image file I'm stuck on the android one logo, no matter how much I wait.
So I was wondering if the latest update isn't supported yet or if I'm doing something wrong.
Really sorry to bother you if it's the former.
Have a nice day.

*make sure your phone bootloader is unlocked.
* make sure you downloaded twrp files from xda thread download links
* make sure you follow steps as i mentioned above

according to your info i tested again on my Nokia 6.1 Plus android 10 stock rom based on december security patch.
Nokia 7 Plus , Nokia 7.1 , Nokia 6.1 & Nokia 6.1 Plus all sources are same

so it should work on 7.1 too make sure you re flashed stock rom and test again :) because trying several times on same partition may corrupt and failed to boot.

Reysen

Jul 11, 2018
Hey, thanks for your fast answer.

*make sure your phone bootloader is unlocked.
The bootloader is indeed unlocked

* make sure you downloaded twrp files from xda thread download links
I tried multiple versions from the sourceforge link.

* make sure you follow steps as i mentioned above
I'm stuck at "boot TWRP" step as there is only the android one boot screen and I can only reboot. Though for some reason I can still use some fastboot commands (such as fastboot reboot bootloader).

I never modified the system partition on my phone through fastboot, only flashed a magisk patched boot.img when I was still on android 9.
Before upgrading to android 10, I patched the stock boot.img and did a factory reset. Then I did all the available updates through the phone update system. Never used a custom rom, so everything should be stock.
Forgot to mention but the phone isn't bricked or anything, it work normally without any issue. I just can't run TWRP for some reason.
Here's the oem information if that can help you
Thanks and have a nice day
(Unfortunately I can't upload pictures or post links)

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Hey, thanks for your fast answer.

The bootloader is indeed unlocked

I tried multiple versions from the sourceforge link.

I'm stuck at "boot TWRP" step as there is only the android one boot screen and I can only reboot. Though for some reason I can still use some fastboot commands (such as fastboot reboot bootloader).

I never modified the system partition on my phone through fastboot, only flashed a magisk patched boot.img when I was still on android 9.
Before upgrading to android 10, I patched the stock boot.img and did a factory reset. Then I did all the available updates through the phone update system. Never used a custom rom, so everything should be stock.
Forgot to mention but the phone isn't bricked or anything, it work normally without any issue. I just can't run TWRP for some reason.
Here's the oem information if that can help you
Thanks and have a nice day
(Unfortunately I can't upload pictures or post links)

Well i don't want to waste my time infront of sitting xda and answering questions like customer care but still yes i will help you out in this

1. just don't use patched boot images
2. Flash stock rom again for fresh start
3. If you are confused about flashing stock rom process
Go ahead to this link
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-1/development/tool-stock-rom-flash-tool-nokia-7-1-t4023959
4. After booting in to stock rom power of your phone & press volume down & power button for download mode
5. now open cmd in twrp download folder
6. type fastboot boot twrpname.img
7. Now your phone reboots to twrp
8. Decrypt your phone using your lock screen password,pin or pattern (if you keep security)
9. Now flash magisk of what ever you want but make sure you flash the stuff according to my loyal steps. Which i mentioned my xda threads in 7.1 xda forums

Peace !

Reysen

Jul 11, 2018
Well i don't want to waste my time infront of sitting xda and answering questions like customer care but still yes i will help you out in this

1. just don't use patched boot images
2. Flash stock rom again for fresh start
3. If you are confused about flashing stock rom process
Go ahead to this link
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-1/development/tool-stock-rom-flash-tool-nokia-7-1-t4023959
4. After booting in to stock rom power of your phone & press volume down & power button for download mode
5. now open cmd in twrp download folder
6. type fastboot boot twrpname.img
7. Now your phone reboots to twrp
8. Decrypt your phone using your lock screen password,pin or pattern (if you keep security)
9. Now flash magisk of what ever you want but make sure you flash the stuff according to my loyal steps. Which i mentioned my xda threads in 7.1 xda forums

Peace !

Hi,
I flashed my nokia 7.1 like instructed and everything went well (though I noticed it wasn't the latest version, but that's a detail).
Went into the bootloader and tried running TWRP but still had the same issue as before (stuck on the android one boot, it was a totally stock ROM, the one provided on your other post).
So I used the boot.img from the stock ROM you uploaded and patched it, then flashed it in the bootloader and it worked.
So even though TWRP still doesn't work in the end I did what I wanted to do, so thanks for your help.
And again, thanks for all the work you're doing, sorry to bother you.
Have a nice day.

husky69

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
LG G6
Same problem here - unlocked my sons' Nokia 7.1 today via techmestos service, rebooted into the downgraded Android, entered setup and started the mandatory Android upgrade, went through that successfully, activated ADB, got into Download mode and ran the following command:

Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-0-CTL_sprout-10.0-20200109.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  1.058s]
booting...
OKAY [  5.058s]
finished. total time: 6.116s

Phone screen changed to the 'bootloader unlocked' screen and then the usual AndroidOne boot screen appeared. But neither TWRP nor Android came up ...

The downloaded files are OK, I checked the sha1sum on both of them

Any hints what to do here?`How can I help to track this down?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019
Same problem here - unlocked my sons' Nokia 7.1 today via techmestos service, rebooted into the downgraded Android, entered setup and started the mandatory Android upgrade, went through that successfully, activated ADB, got into Download mode and ran the following command:

Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-0-CTL_sprout-10.0-20200109.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  1.058s]
booting...
OKAY [  5.058s]
finished. total time: 6.116s

Phone screen changed to the 'bootloader unlocked' screen and then the usual AndroidOne boot screen appeared. But neither TWRP nor Android came up ...

The downloaded files are OK, I checked the sha1sum on both of them

Any hints what to do here?`How can I help to track this down?

TWRP went official so technically you can go to the TWRP site and download the current there

In addition to it going official, there is no need to download both the img and zip installer with it.

https://dl.twrp.me/CTL_sprout/

You can now just flash (fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-CTL_sprout.img).

https://twrp.me/nokia/nokia7.1.html

Things to keep in mind: If you have a PIN or Passcode you should disable it on the ROM before booting up to TWRP because of encryption.

If you flash another ROM such as Lineage OS shortly after flashing TWRP, it will replace the TWRP with the Lineage OS recovery. So you will probably have to flash TWRP again.

I hope that this works?!

Reactions: husky69

RandomHack

Feb 13, 2017
Alas, this does not help, the same problem, the phone hangs on the logo)
P.S
executed the commands like this:
fastboot flash recovery (error issued)
fastboot boot
and successfully loaded into TWRP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About Team win recovery project

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

Installation procedure

1 . Download twrp-3.4.0-0-CTL_sprout.img & twrp-installer-3.4.0-0-CTL_sprout.zip copy in one folder
    4. type fastboot devices
    5. type fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0-CTL_sprout.img
    11. now if you people want to boot in to twrp? power off your phone connect to pc or charger

Download Android 10 Twrp-3.4.0-0 From Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.4.0-0 , for the Nokia 7.1

Contributors
    Raghu varma
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_nokia_CTL_sprout
    My build script https://github.com/RaghuVarma331/scripts

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.x
    Stable Release Date 2019-01-26

Created 2019-01-26
    Last Updated 2020-06-25
    New Build Is Up
    Based On R40
    Android version - pie
    twrp- based on June 2019

################ The final Main installation procedure #################

Note - this will work only On June 2019 Security Patch And From Now i will update Twrp Every Month

1 . Download twrp-3.3.1-0-CTL.img & twrp-installer-3.3.1-0-CTL.zip copy in one folder
    4. type fastboot devices
    5. type fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-0-CTL.img
    11. now if you people want to boot in to twrp? just power off your phone connect to pc or charger

congratulations now you are successfully booted in to twrp
    Added official support

Note - Twrp Support is back for Nokia 7.1

Changelog

13-12-2019

* Initial android 10 twrp builds are up
    * Twrp based on 3.3.1-0
    * Supports on Android 10 stock roms and custom roms
    * supports on Android 9 stock roms and custom roms
    * Follow instructions as i mentioned above in the xda thread for installation
    * Omni sources based on latest r47
    * Decryption works