- Jan 6, 2016
Okitavera's kernel is a custom kernel based on CAF Kernel with specific patches from Xiaomi.
Aims to provide stability, security, and other benefits from having a regular patches from Linux Stable, CAF, and Google.
- Merged patches from :
- Linux Stable currently on: v4.9.197
- Google's kernel common: android-4.9
- CAF specific fork for for Snapdragon 71*, currently on: LA.UM.7.8.r1-07100-SDM710.0
- Dynamic SchedTune boost
- BBR and Westwood TCP congestion-avoidance algorithm (optional)
- Exposure Adjustment (DC Dimming)
- AVB and SafetyNet bypassed
- KCAL, KLapse, Vibration control, and Sound control
- Check GitHub commits for more
- TL;DR : The best custom karamel (arguable)
- AOSP-based custom ROM (Pie)
- MIUI 10 and 11 (Stable or Weekly. Pie, NOT THE Q)
Zach said this link should be bigger and as you can see he's right
- Backup your dtbo and boot partition.
- Flash the kernel.zip file via twrp
Credits and Thanks to
- Linus, The Linux Foundation, Google, CodeAurora, Xiaomi
- ... and all of the contributors from commits and patches on my git
Okitavera's Kernel, Kernel for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Source Code: https://github.com/okitavera/msm-4.9-grus-okita
Kernel Special Features: Family friendly, no overclocked.
Current Stable Version: 8.4
Stable Release Date: 2019-10-19
Last Updated 2019-10-19