Question [CLOSED] Opinion About 9 Pro And Is It Better Than 8 Pro ?

8 Pro VS 9 Pro

• 8 Pro

• 9 Pro

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Dec 1, 2022
Is this device worth buying right now with OOS13 already released ? Is battery timing fine on OOS 13 ? How will you rate OnePlus 9 Pro as compare to OnePlus 8 Pro ? I also heard that camera of OnePlus 8 Pro is better than OnePlus 9 Pro but I don't know if it is true.

DonnerPlays

Mar 27, 2015
I wouldn't recommend any oneplus phone anymore. What they did with the "merge" with oppo and their garbage color os is unacceptable, for me that was the nail in the coffin.

Is this device worth buying right now with OOS13 already released ? Is battery timing fine on OOS 13 ? How will you rate OnePlus 9 Pro as compare to OnePlus 8 Pro ? I also heard that camera of OnePlus 8 Pro is better than OnePlus 9 Pro but I don't know if it is true.

Yes, it is, despite what the cryers and naysayers have to say about OnePlus (some of which is valid, I'll admit). Stay away from the 10 series, as it doesn't have a publicly available MSM tool to recover from bad flashes, which is why there's no custom ROM development for the 10 series. Might also apply to the 11 series, too, we'll see. The 9 Pro, by contrast, has healthy third-party support, so it'll be usable for a long time to come. (I'd be inclined to say the same about the 8 Pro, though I've never used it.)

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022
Yes, it is, despite what the cryers and naysayers have to say about OnePlus (some of which is valid, I'll admit). Stay away from the 10 series, as it doesn't have a publicly available MSM tool to recover from bad flashes, which is where there's no custom ROM development for the 10 series. Might also apply to the 11 series, too, we'll see. The 9 Pro, by contrast, has healthy third-party support, so it'll be usable for a long time to come. (I'd be inclined to say the same about the 8 Pro, though I've never used it.)
I wasn't going for 10 series anyway. I asked which one is better between 8 pro and 9 pro. I have decided to buy a 9 pro.

Reactions: galaxys
I wasn't going for 10 series anyway. I asked which one is better between 8 pro and 9 pro. I have decided to buy a 9 pro.

Good choice. I know you were deciding between the 8 Pro and 9 Pro; I only mentioned the 10 series just to contrast it with the 9 Pro's healthy third-party development. I was personally hoping to get a 10 Pro a little while back, but its lack of third-party development pushed me away from it (I got a refurbished 9 Pro off Amazon for a good price instead).

Reactions: Guest902379028
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just bought a used OnePlus 9 Pro for 340 USD in clean condition.
    A13 is fine. OP9 is the last OPs with a public MSM, so it'll probably have the most support long into the future unlike the newer OPs.

If you want to buy a OnePlus device, this is pretty much it.

Yes, it is, despite what the cryers and naysayers have to say about OnePlus (some of which is valid, I'll admit). Stay away from the 10 series, as it doesn't have a publicly available MSM tool to recover from bad flashes, which is why there's no custom ROM development for the 10 series. Might also apply to the 11 series, too, we'll see. The 9 Pro, by contrast, has healthy third-party support, so it'll be usable for a long time to come. (I'd be inclined to say the same about the 8 Pro, though I've never used it.)
    Yes, it is, despite what the cryers and naysayers have to say about OnePlus (some of which is valid, I'll admit). Stay away from the 10 series, as it doesn't have a publicly available MSM tool to recover from bad flashes, which is where there's no custom ROM development for the 10 series. Might also apply to the 11 series, too, we'll see. The 9 Pro, by contrast, has healthy third-party support, so it'll be usable for a long time to come. (I'd be inclined to say the same about the 8 Pro, though I've never used it.)

Good choice. I know you were deciding between the 8 Pro and 9 Pro; I only mentioned the 10 series just to contrast it with the 9 Pro's healthy third-party development. I was personally hoping to get a 10 Pro a little while back, but its lack of third-party development pushed me away from it (I got a refurbished 9 Pro off Amazon for a good price instead).