Question [CLOSED] Pixel 7 Pro OIS Rattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

proxyx

Oct 5, 2020
Hi XDA. I purchased a P7P back in early November and recently it took a little tumble off my desk. Instinctively, I shook it to see if anything came loose and to my dismay it rattled. Upon further research, I found that the OIS in this and many other devices with similar camera hardware have this tendency to rattle. Do all P7Ps have this trait or is it a lottery? Would it be worth an exchange or will the new device most likely have the same "feature"?

Thanks
Proxyx

ekin_strops

Apr 29, 2016
Munich
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi XDA. I purchased a P7P back in early November and recently it took a little tumble off my desk. Instinctively, I shook it to see if anything came loose and to my dismay it rattled. Upon further research, I found that the OIS in this and many other devices with similar camera hardware have this tendency to rattle. Do all P7Ps have this trait or is it a lottery? Would it be worth an exchange or will the new device most likely have the same "feature"?

Thanks
Proxyx
They ALL rattle. It's mechanical, it moves around when shaken.

proxyx

Oct 5, 2020
Ahhh good... I guess. lol. I wonder if it would be possible to make a mod that left the camera at 5x zoom and then reset to 1x when the camera app was launched. At 5x zoom the rattle goes away.

Thanks for your response!

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks
    Proxyx