Development [CLOSED] PIXEL EXPERIENCE PIXEL 5A BARBET ANDROID 13 BETA UNOFFICIAL NOV. 7, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

predragiPredrag

Jan 8, 2012
No, this is still on July. I'm working on August, I will probably have that uploaded later today or tomorrow. The repository on GitHub is updated very late for the most part so I will most likely have to pull files from stock and update manually.
One quick question, do I need to have unlocked bootloader? There is no mention of it in installation instructions.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
I saw that for other roms it is in requirements, and generally for every ROM flashing. And I was like if you invented some magic that would be nice :D
Unfortunately not but I do hide the unlocked bootloader with this, so it still acts as a unmodified device. Banking apps and Google pay works without root. The only thing I noticed that doesn't work is sports gambling apps if anyone even cares.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
Hello @TheSayaMan, could you please try build elixir ROM for our pixel, it has a lot of customizations and base of pixel ROM?
I will give it a try. Looks like there is a repository on GitHub for it so if there is no issues then it won't take long. If I have to pull files from stock then it will be much longer to build. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: rudy@

Kroppos

Aug 17, 2018
Google Pixel 5a
Thank you, I know, I thought maybe on another firmware the phone is less heated. Is there really no way to fix the kernel ?

Last edited:

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
Thank you, I know, I thought maybe on another firmware the phone is less heated. Is there really no way to fix the kernel ?
I heard the barbet custom kernel here on xda will fix it but I haven't tried it and two months ago I sold the phone and moved on to a OnePlus device. The whole overheating thing was annoying me and couldn't deal with it. My wife upgraded to the Pixel 6 Pro, same issues. Done with Pixels.

rudy@

Feb 6, 2017
I heard the barbet custom kernel here on xda will fix it but I haven't tried it and two months ago I sold the phone and moved on to a OnePlus device. The whole overheating thing was annoying me and couldn't deal with it. My wife upgraded to the Pixel 6 Pro, same issues. Done with Pixels.
Hello @TheSayaMan , so will build Elixir for 5a or not?

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
Hello @TheSayaMan , so will build Elixir for 5a or not?
I am working a lot and it needs work. There is no device specific code for this phone on GitHub so I had to pull files from stock firmware. It will be a challenge since I don't have the phone anymore so I'm not confident I can do it but I'm trying. I've ran into problems and trying something else.

Reactions: rudy@

rudy@

Feb 6, 2017
I am working a lot and it needs work. There is no device specific code for this phone on GitHub so I had to pull files from stock firmware. It will be a challenge since I don't have the phone anymore so I'm not confident I can do it but I'm trying. I've ran into problems and trying something else.
ok, thank you, if you will able to build it, please share, so we can test it

rudy@

Feb 6, 2017
@TheSayaMan could please also share your latest linage build for 5a? I can't download it, it say unavailable. But I want to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    October security patch.

You MUST be on Android 12 to use this!!!!!

If your already on Android 13, you can not go back to Android 12, so don't try flashing this!!!

Your bootloader must also be unlocked to install custom firmware.

To do this, reboot to bootloader and type the following: fastboot flashing unlock

The custom kernel of this ROM hides the unlocked bootloader. The device will pass Safetynet and the Play Store will report the device as certified. Based on this, root, magisk and the modules are not needed to pass device certification.

This is based on the Android Open Source Project. It includes various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code is available in the Github repo here.

Basic requirements​

1. Read through the instructions at least once before actually following them, so as to avoid any problems due to any missed steps!
    2. Make sure your computer has adb and fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
    3. Enable USB debugging on your device.

Thanks go to Github and Pixel Experience for their source code and device specific code. I couldn't have built this without it!!!

The ROM uses the Pixel Experience source code, device specific code. I made other minor changes and used compression to lower the file size of the ROM, creating more space in the internal storage with minor reduction in performance. Updated every week with minor changes.

GAPPS ARE ALSO INCLUDED WITH THIS ROM

DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR FLASH GAPPS ON THIS ROM!!!!!

DOWNLOAD RECOVERY FLASHER HERE

DOWNLOAD ROM HERE

#1 REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER

#2 FACTORY RESET: fastboot -w

#3 Have all the recovery flasher files in the same folder
    Simply double click on flash.bat to install recovery

#4 REBOOT TO RECOVERY THEN ADB SIDELOAD
    adb sideload PixelExperience_barbet-13-20221107-BETA-UNOFFICIAL.zip

#5 REBOOT TO SYSTEM

#6 REBOOT TO RECOVERY AGAIN IF YOU WISH TO ROOT AND ADB SIDELOAD
    adb sideload magisk.apk

#7 REBOOT TO SYSTEM

Screen call and Google assistant works.

If you are already on this ROM, you can dirty flash updates without wiping data. Simply set to inactive slot in bootloader. Reboot to bootloader then
    fastboot --set-active=other

Then repeat all steps except #2

YOU MUST WIPE WHEN COMING TO THIS ROM THE FIRST TIME!!!
    Twrp removed as part of install process. vendor_boot and boot supplied as part of install process. August security update patch will be in next update.
    is your build based off 12.1.0_r8 ?
    I use the same repository located on GitHub. The security patches are still from last month, May. They haven't been updated yet. I will update them myself if not updated soon. I'll have to pull it from stock and it requires more work. Since I work a lot, I'll do it when I get a chance. It's not extensive, so I should be able to apply it on next full update Thursday.
    After some reading about it here is a hint that you probably already now :)
    Newer Android devices' bootloaders pass a verified boot flag to the kernel. This means that if the bootloader is unlocked, it sends that flag, and the kernel listens to it then SafetyNet will fail. And solution is to patch your kernel to ignore the flag :)
    I am working on it. Hopefully the next update. Thanks.
    Updates now available through the updater. Settings, System, updater. Do not flash twrp permanently. You will have serious problems.