[CLOSED]{Pro/MiniPro/Mini/LWW}[ROM][KERNEL][DEV] - CM10/FXP Xtended [20130602] [DISCONTINUED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
The extended ROM/kernel is the same as the FXP ROM/nAa kernel with some changes/additions/fixes.
Just handle it as you would handle a new FXP release. Mostly there is no need to wipe anything.

Kernel features
  • Based on nAa kernel 2.6.32.60
  • Built with Linaro
  • Optional 4 digit pincode at startup
  • Autogroup enabled
  • Tuned SmartassV2/H3
  • Extended Wi-Fi range
  • Default CPU govenor: SmartsassV2
  • Default I/O scheduler: SIO
  • CWM CM10.1
  • Increased volume
  • Increased LCD backlight
  • Fixed device serial number

ROM features
  • Added CellBroadcastReceiver (for NL-Alert or similar)
  • Fixed mobile data timeout
  • OpenPDroid (PDroid Manager integrated and network location fixed) (not in latest releases anymore, you can use XPrivacy)
  • Fixed nano editor
  • Full terminfo
  • Fixed empty notification drawer
  • Mass storage mode
  • Extended settings: Smartassv2/h3, CPU voltage, low memory killer, autogroup, fsync, boot pincode
  • Wi-Fi auto connect settings
  • Electron beam animation
  • sftp server
  • Layout fixes
  • Finer music volume
  • Display driver fixes
  • SmartassV2/H3 boost pulse
  • Update notification from goo.im
  • Disabled Google Analytics for CM (privacy)
  • iw binary built from source
  • MMS FC fixes
  • Trebuchet+ from CM10.1 (thanks @gandhar)
  • DeskClock from CM10.1 (thanks @gandhar)
  • koush Superuser
  • busybox from CM10.1
  • CMFileManager from CM10.1
  • Apollo from CM10.1 (thanks @gandhar)
  • APN's from CM10.1
  • Calendar CM10.1 (thanks @gandhar)

Plus all things merged into CM10 and merged into the nAa kernel.

Read here for how to get updates from goo.im or download here from goo.im.

Please sign the petition 'JB camera libs for all Sony Xperia 2011 phones'.

I will support the ROM/kernel as longs as I have working SE devices.

Frequently Asked Questions
  • Will you make a CM10.1 kernel/ROM (Android 4.2.x) ? No, read here why.
  • The compass is spinning randomly in Google Maps. This is a bug in Google Maps that only Google can fix. It is possible to use an old version without this problem.
  • Wi-Fi hotspot doesn't completely turn off, will you fix it? No, see here for a workaround.
  • What is working and what is not working? See here for a list.
  • Why is 720p video recording disabled? See here for an explanation.
  • Why don't you include TWRP anymore? Mainly because backup doesn't work properly and because there are too many problems, which will probably not be fixed because Xperia 2011 devices are not supported.
  • Can you explain how SmartassV2 boost support works? Yes, see here.
  • The clock force closes, what can I do? See here.
  • Which automatic backlight settings do work? See here.
See here for more frequently asked questions.

Known bugs
  • "GPS is causing the darin problem" (report) Solution here.
  • "The click-sound is not synchronous with the screen-shutdown-animation" (report)
  • "front camera on other apps like gtalk or face unlock" (report)
  • "i don't see "call waiting" message" (report)

Feature requests, bug reports, comments, etc are welcome.
Off-topic is in the spirit of helping each other allowed in this thread.
Maybe it is a good idea to discuss derived works here too, since most stuff will be common.
There is no permission needed to use my work, but letting me know you did use my work is appreciated (maybe I can learn something from it).

It is not very difficult to build the kernel and/or ROM yourself with the provided script, see here for details.
The script can be used for other SE 2011 devices too. If you get stuck somewhere, I will try to help you.
Please share your own patches, if you have any (you can do a pull request).

Use at your own risk !

Xtd.jpg

(thanks Steph310 for all the pictures!)

Last edited:

Curtis7990

Feb 15, 2012
Latina
That's a good idea!

---Edit---
After few days of usage of MESA Kernel+CM10 and Extended Kernel+ROM (by M66B) i can say that:

-mesa kernel+cm10 is faster and smoother than stock CM10 or extended
-extended kernel+rom solve some of the problem and bug from mesa/stock kernel+stock cm10 rom

Can I supercharge extended?

I posted this in official CM10 thread while your creating this :p sorry

Last edited:

daniel_m

Oct 7, 2012
M66B, some of your modifications and patches are very interesting, and I will try out your ROM now with 151! But why don't you work together with the FXP team and implement your extended features (or at least some of them) into the official FXP ROM?

And thanks for opening a new, separate thread! Even though I doubt that post related to your ROM cluttered up the FXP thread a lot, compared to all those "where are my gapps, ..."-threads ;)

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
M66B, some of your modifications and patches are very interesting, and I will try out your ROM now with 151! But why don't you work together with the FXP team and implement your extended features (or at least some of them) into the official FXP ROM?

And thanks for opening a new, separate thread! Even though I doubt that post related to your ROM cluttered up the FXP thread a lot, compared to all those "where are my gapps, ..."-threads ;)
Almost all changes in the extended kernel/ROM will not be accepted by CM/FXP because of their philosophy (and there is nothing wrong with that).

novicebg

Jun 17, 2011
Sofia
So is there any solution to the sudden reboots? They occur in very simple situations like browsing, scrolling through the gallery or watching video.
One more bug I noticed - the JB browser is jumping frames of sites, behaves weird on some sites and is significantly slower than the browser of CM9.1. The touch of some buttons on sites is a real challenge, because the page is jumping, disappearing and appearing until being full loaded. So when changing pages it's very easy to press the neighbouring button, instead the one you need. Could the ICS browser not be implemented in that ROM?
The cache needs regular wiping and restarting the phone after heavy use (browsing, video watching & so on) to allow the GPS module to turn on - no solution for that bug since CM9 till now. If you don't wipe cache and restart the phone, neither the GPS finds any satellites, nor the GPS blinking icon appears in the Status bar. And worse, even after cache wiped and phone restart, the phone reboots a few minutes later while being under heavy use.

Last edited:

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
So is there any solution to sudden reboots? They occur in very simple situations like browsing, scrolling through the gallery or watching video.
One more bug I noticed - the JB browser is jumping frames and behaves weird on some sites. Could not the ICS browser be implemented in that ROM?
The cache needs regular wiping and restarting the phone after heavy use (browsing, video watching & so on) to allow the GPS module to turn on - no solution for that bug since CM9 till now.
I don't have sudden reboots, except when watching video, which is a known FXP problem I have tried to fix for days now, unfortunately without any result.

The browser is entirely provided by CM/Google. It is a complicated piece of software I am not going to look into. This problem will most probably also exists in the 'standard' FXP release.

Try using MinFreeManager to keep your memory under control.

GPS in Google Maps is also a known problem in the FXP release, which I am not going to look into too.
(although it annoys me too, but I have to choose what I do with my time)

ncmz

Jul 21, 2012
It probably be a stupid question but...Do I need to full wipe to install your FXP 151 ROM? I come from your 149 ROM. And, how could I know when I have to do full wipe to install your ROM? Any particular changes say it?

Good idea to make this thread.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
It probably be a stupid question but...Do I need to full wipe to install your FXP 151 ROM? I come from your 149 ROM. And, how could I know when I have to do full wipe to install your ROM? Any particular changes say it?

Good idea to make this thread.
It is like a new FXP release. No wipes are needed.
In general wipes are only needed when switching to a ROM with another base or in case of problems.

Reactions: jack24M and pniwre

Curtis7990

Feb 15, 2012
Latina
Don't know why but my phone is really slow :\ Even after a reboot, it takes a lot of time to open/close apps. It needs like 2 seconds to open contact list. I did a fresh install 2 days ago. I didn't have those problems with your CM9 extended rom, or mesa kernel+cm10. I'm not complaining, but i want to know if its just my problem or this rom is like that for everyone.

raz0r1991

Mar 30, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Its simple why your phone is slow.

Xperia 2011 line up doesnt are build for support JB as well a Galaxy S3 support.

But the rom is quite cool, thanks m66b.

novicebg

Jun 17, 2011
Sofia
I' m not using gmaps at all for years, but sygic aura, igo or ndrive. They all don't work when cache goes full - simply the GPS module doesn't turn on and its icon is missing on the status bar.
It's a pity thing with the jb browser. Very annoying and it's so bad that videos cannot be watched within it and using flash player. Even my old x10 mini is treating far better live streams within browser, using flash player under GB CM7.2 It does not crash suddenly or restart the phone while watching livestream hd tv.
While sudden reboots appear by me on st15 even while scrolling the xda app or while viewing pics in quickpic gallery. Unfortunately i'll go back to cm9.1 again. Cm10 is not stable enough for daily use for now and maybe forever on Mini st15.

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

kmimix

Sep 26, 2011
I'm using build 4 for ST15i by Hikari and Xperia Default Keyboard from RudzLong. I used it daily, it's quite fast (running interactive no zram), I don't believe youtube reboots is such a deal breaker, but I wait patiently for the next FXP goodies as it brings a new life to this 'old' phones.

I'm so used to JB I can't get back to previous versions, with or without youtube. It isn't perfect, but it's far better than anything Sony's ever released, and this xtended versions make it even better. CM7.2 is available for all stability + performance, but with the complete lack of cool ICS/JB features. The choice is yours, your mileage may vary :)

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
Don't know why but my phone is really slow :\ Even after a reboot, it takes a lot of time to open/close apps. It needs like 2 seconds to open contact list. I did a fresh install 2 days ago. I didn't have those problems with your CM9 extended rom, or mesa kernel+cm10. I'm not complaining, but i want to know if its just my problem or this rom is like that for everyone.

That's only you.
What have you tried to fix the problem?

Its simple why your phone is slow.

Xperia 2011 line up doesnt are build for support JB as well a Galaxy S3 support.
We all know that, but that's not the answer. Normally Xperia 2011 phones will run JB without struggling.

ncmz

Jul 21, 2012
I' m not using gmaps at all for years, but sygic aura, igo or ndrive. They all don't work when cache goes full - simply the GPS module doesn't turn on and its icon is missing on the status bar.
It's a pity thing with the jb browser. Very annoying and it's so bad that videos cannot be watched within it and using flash player. Even my old x10 mini is treating far better live streams within browser, using flash player under GB CM7.2 It does not crash suddenly or restart the phone while watching livestream hd tv.
While sudden reboots appear by me on st15 even while scrolling the xda app or while viewing pics in quickpic gallery. Unfortunately i'll go back to cm9.1 again. Cm10 is not stable enough for daily use for now and maybe forever on Mini st15.

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda app-developers app

Guys, I really don't know if we are talking about the same ROM or not cus FXP 151 by MB66 WORKS PERFECTLY FINE. Gps icon appears on the status bar, I have no problems using JB browser (actually is just like CM9.1, smooth and fast). The problem of rebooting when watching YouTube videos...I give you that. But beside THAT particular problem, I have no issues or inconvenients at all. Another thing. NEVER, but, NEVER had suddenly reboots.

So try to full wipe (data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache), flash the ROM, wipe again and install gapps. Obviously, flash the kernel before or right after you installed gapps. Hope your problems solve because I don't have any of them and I'm on a Sk17 too. (Xperia Mini Pro)

Cheers

Last edited:

Curtis7990

Feb 15, 2012
Latina
That's only you.
What have you tried to fix the problem?

We all know that, but that's not the answer. Normally Xperia 2011 phones will run JB without struggling.

I tried Pimp my Rom, but no visible effects. Tried to supercharge, and nothing. I tried to change governor and scheduler, nothing. My next step is to make a full wipe, even if i did it before install extended rom. i came from mesa+cm10, and with that my phone was like a dual core device! Hope to solve this problem, this extended ROM is awesome!

dhallbhoo

Oct 3, 2012
Apple city in the east java
@M66B, does ur kernel support undervolting?

Sent from my Black Mango

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I tried Pimp my Rom, but no visible effects. Tried to supercharge, and nothing. I tried to change governor and scheduler, nothing. My next step is to make a full wipe, even if i did it before install extended rom. i came from mesa+cm10, and with that my phone was like a dual core device! Hope to solve this problem, this extended ROM is awesome!

U've said that Mesa v2.3 + fxp cm10 was fast just like dual core.
So,,hv u tried Mesa2.3+Extended RomCm10?

I want to test it, but always failed to download extended rom 150 cm10 :(

Sent from my Black Mango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The extended ROM/kernel is the same as the FXP ROM/nAa kernel with some changes/additions/fixes.
    Just handle it as you would handle a new FXP release. Mostly there is no need to wipe anything.

Kernel features
    • Based on nAa kernel 2.6.32.60
    • Built with Linaro
    • Optional 4 digit pincode at startup
    • Autogroup enabled
    • Tuned SmartassV2/H3
    • Extended Wi-Fi range
    • Default CPU govenor: SmartsassV2
    • Default I/O scheduler: SIO
    • CWM CM10.1
    • Increased volume
    • Increased LCD backlight

ROM features
    • Added CellBroadcastReceiver (for NL-Alert or similar)
    • Fixed mobile data timeout
    • OpenPDroid (PDroid Manager integrated and network location fixed) (not in latest releases anymore, you can use XPrivacy)
    • Fixed nano editor
    • Full terminfo
    • Fixed empty notification drawer
    • Mass storage mode
    • Extended settings: Smartassv2/h3, CPU voltage, low memory killer, autogroup, fsync, boot pincode
    • Wi-Fi auto connect settings
    • Electron beam animation
    • sftp server
    • Layout fixes
    • Finer music volume
    • Display driver fixes
    • SmartassV2/H3 boost pulse
    • Update notification from goo.im
    • Disabled Google Analytics for CM (privacy)
    • iw binary built from source
    • MMS FC fixes
    • Trebuchet+ from CM10.1 (thanks @gandhar)
    • DeskClock from CM10.1 (thanks @gandhar)
    • koush Superuser
    • busybox from CM10.1
    • CMFileManager from CM10.1
    • Apollo from CM10.1 (thanks @gandhar)
    • APN's from CM10.1
    • Calendar CM10.1 (thanks @gandhar)

Plus all things merged into CM10 and merged into the nAa kernel.

Read here for how to get updates from goo.im or download here from goo.im.

Please sign the petition 'JB camera libs for all Sony Xperia 2011 phones'.

I will support the ROM/kernel as longs as I have working SE devices.

Frequently Asked Questions
    • Will you make a CM10.1 kernel/ROM (Android 4.2.x) ? No, read here why.
    • The compass is spinning randomly in Google Maps. This is a bug in Google Maps that only Google can fix. It is possible to use an old version without this problem.
    • Wi-Fi hotspot doesn't completely turn off, will you fix it? No, see here for a workaround.
    • What is working and what is not working? See here for a list.
    • Why is 720p video recording disabled? See here for an explanation.
    • Why don't you include TWRP anymore? Mainly because backup doesn't work properly and because there are too many problems, which will probably not be fixed because Xperia 2011 devices are not supported.
    • Can you explain how SmartassV2 boost support works? Yes, see here.
    • The clock force closes, what can I do? See here.
    • Which automatic backlight settings do work? See here.
    See here for more frequently asked questions.

Known bugs
    • "GPS is causing the darin problem" (report) Solution here.
    • "The click-sound is not synchronous with the screen-shutdown-animation" (report)
    • "front camera on other apps like gtalk or face unlock" (report)
    • "i don't see "call waiting" message" (report)

Feature requests, bug reports, comments, etc are welcome.
    Off-topic is in the spirit of helping each other allowed in this thread.
    Maybe it is a good idea to discuss derived works here too, since most stuff will be common.
    There is no permission needed to use my work, but letting me know you did use my work is appreciated (maybe I can learn something from it).

It is not very difficult to build the kernel and/or ROM yourself with the provided script, see here for details.
    The script can be used for other SE 2011 devices too. If you get stuck somewhere, I will try to help you.
    Please share your own patches, if you have any (you can do a pull request).

Use at your own risk !

Xtd.jpg

(thanks Steph310 for all the pictures!)
    With some proud I present a new release of the extended kernel, still only for Xperia mini pro, with most probably the video reboot bug fixed !!!

I took me at least 50 hours to find this bug, so press thanks if you appreciate it.

I have played my reference video, that always resulted in a reboot sooner or later, several times without a reboot.
    Please report if you experience side effects.

The patches have been updated with this fix.
    I am preparing a new CM10 stable release.
    This will be a release without OpenPDroid and with nAa kernel 2.6.32.60.

OpenPDroid isn't updated for a long time and there are no recent CM10 patches for PDroid available.
    Kernel 3.x is not stable enough for daily use.

To remind you of an informal XDA rule: never ever ask for a release date.
    There is a new test release underway for all four devices.
    Changelog:
    • Increased volume
    • Increased backlight (only mango/iyokan, see start post for how to enable)
    • Enabled Wi-Fi ad-hoc (untested)
    There is a test release underway for all four devices.
    This will be the first extended CM10.1 release.
    The release is based on the clean CM10.1 repositories of mikeioannina and the nobodyAtall kernel 3.0.
    One of the main contributors to the device repositories and kernel is pcfighter.
    It includes the latest PDroid 2.0 framework and app of CollegeDev.

The start post has been updated with the known issues, currently:

• Boot logo is distorted
    • FM radio doesn't work
    • USB tether doesn't work
    • Not built with Linaro
    • Automatic brightness slow
    • Some delays in Wi-fi communication

Otherwise everything seems to work okay (I am using it for some days now).
    I have only tested on iyokan (Xperia Pro), but it should work on all other devices too.
    The ROM includes two camera apps, the JB camera app works, except for the preview.

Upgrading from CM10:

1. Make a backup with CWM (please note that TWRP doesn't make complete backups)
    2. Remove PDroid Manager updates (if any)
    3. Remove the PDroid data like this
    4. Copy the ROM zip file to your sdcard
    5. Flash boot.img from the ROM zip
    6. Flash ROM
    7. Wipe cache
    8. Reboot

There will be no update notification from GooManager if you are currently using CM10, but you will get update notifications after you have installed CM10.1 in the future.

If you want to report an issue, please include the device you are using and the release you are using (CM10 or CM10.1 and the date).
    Please don't report issues if you use another kernel than the provided one.