thanks! just installed it. it looked like the same version was listed twice from two different repos, so i went with the one with the higher download count. do i need to adjust any settings, or is it just install and that's it?
I think I may have bricked my phone.
I flashed boot.img to slot b
I set slot b as active
I went into recovery mode and loaded PitchBlack
I couldn't find how to copy the zip to internal storage within the PitchBlack environment and I pressed reboot.
Now device seems dead. Only the led lights up when I connect it to the pc.
Anything to do?
Screen did not turn on at any key combination, only power led flashed instantly. It was not showing as a device in windows or in fastboot.Wow... Strange one that ... Not sure why that would even happen?
Thankfully , scrapping all the of the inactive slot advice
Glad Moto came the rescue for you - however you probably could have rescued using blankflash
hola amigo, tengo una duda, tengo un moto edge 20 lite y quiero instalar PBRP pero no puedo hacerlo, cuando pongo el codigo que compartes para parchear vbmeta me sale el siguiente error:
Perhaps you have booted into fastbootdhola amigo, tengo una duda, tengo un moto edge 20 lite y quiero instalar PBRP pero no puedo hacerlo, cuando pongo el codigo que compartes para parchear vbmeta me sale el siguiente error:
C:\adb>fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verification --disable-verity vbmeta.img
fastboot: unknown option -- disable-verification
Isn't that the command or why does this problem happen to me?
Any plans to add support to Motorola Edge 20 Fusion (XT2139-2) ?
/* *Disclaimer * * Your warranty is now void. * * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. */
Pitch Black Recovery is a fork of TWRP with many improvements to make your experience better. It's more flexible & easy to use.
- Based on TWRP version: 3 6.2x
- PitchBlack version: 3.2.0
- For device: Motorola Edge 20 Lite 5G
- Maintainer/Authors build: CFKod / ForForkSake
- PitchBlack Source Code: https://github.com/PitchBlackRecoveryProject
- Device tree: https://github.com/forforksake/android_device_motorola_kyoto-pbrp
- Kernel: stock KYOTO_RETAIL_RRKS31.Q3-19-97-12
unlocked bootloader and patched vbmeta required
use the vbmeta from your firmware.zip - reboot to bootloader
fastboot flash vbmeta --disable-verification --disable-verity vbmeta.img
From previous version or other recovery
- Download the PitchBlack zip to your device
- Reboot to your current custom recovery
- Flash the PitchBlack zip
- Flash magisk (if required)
View attachment 5635431
- Download Boot.img & PitchBlack Recovery flashable zip from my GitHub
- Save them to PC and to external SD
- Download magisk APK and remame to magisk.zip, copy this to external SD too.
- reboot to bootloader
- Flash the pbrp boot.img - fastboot flash boot boot.img
- use vol up / vol down to select recovery mode
- TAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE - NOW
- If you aren't on the same version ( KYOTO_RETAIL_RRKS31.Q3-19-97-15 ) follow next step, else move on to flashing the PBRP zip
- Install your stock boot.img , do not reboot
- Flash the PBRP.zip
- Flash Magisk.zip (if required)
- PBRP sits nicely wiithin your boot image, so no longer need to switch slots
PBRP Side Changelog
- Bump to 3.2.0
- Based on TWRP 3.6.2-x
Device Side Changelog
Decryption now works (with passcode removed)
Flashlight / Torch not yet working