Development [CLOSED] [PSYCHE] [UNOFFICIAL] ArrowOS 12.1 for Xiaomi 12X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jvlong2019

May 10, 2022
<Moderator Edit>: Thread closed and all links removed due to non-working download links. @Jvlong2019 please Report the thread if you want the thread re-opened so that you can fix it.

It has been a long time since Xiaomi 12X been published, and now I'm very proud to say here that the first beta unofficial ArrowOS release Xiaomi 12X has been released.

Bugs:
Bluetooth audio
Fingerprint
DT2W (Partially works)

Something important to know:
Prebuilt Vendor
Permissive SELinux (will be enforcing in the future)
OSS kernel

Please use EEA, GLOBAL, CN MIUI 13.0.3 or 13.0.5 as base firmware and use fastboot enhance to flash it.

NOTICE: THIS IS THE FIRST BETA VERSION, AND NOT ADVISED FOR USING AS A DAILY DRIVER.

In our testers' test, it is much better than MIUI, both in performance and in battery life.

Download Link (Available in 7 days)

Made by me (jvlong2019)

I will edit this post if some bugs are fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiralz33

Mar 12, 2021
Yes. My 12x is arriving next week. Can't wait for a stable release. Keep up the good work. It is appreciated.

stw500

Dec 20, 2012
Really great news. But BT audio and fingerprint are absolutely necessary. Does the implementation only take time or will this never be able?

Jerome!

Oct 1, 2005
Switzerland
It has been a long time since Xiaomi 12X been published, and now I'm very proud to say here that the first beta unofficial ArrowOS release Xiaomi 12X has been released.

Bugs:
Bluetooth audio
Fingerprint
DT2W (Partially works)

Prebuilt Vendor
OSS kernel

Please use EEA, GLOBAL, CN MIUI 13.0.3 or 13.0.5 as base firmware and use fastboot enhance to flash it.

NOTICE: THIS IS THE FIRST BETA VERSION, AND NOT ADVISED FOR USING AS A DAILY DRIVER.

In our testers' test, it is much better than MIUI, both in performance and in battery life.

Vanilla Version
Gapps Version

Made by me (together08 aka. jvlong2019)

Contact Telegram Group: https://t.me/Xiaomi12XGlobalOfficial
If the link is no longer avaliable, or for some support, please contact me at this group.

Device Tree Configuration
Kernel Source

Donation: Paytreon
Please dona

Bugs:
Bluetooth audio
Fingerprint
DT2W (Partially works)

Prebuilt Vendor
OSS kernel

Vanilla Version
Gapps Version

Made by me (together08 aka. jvlong2019)

Contact Telegram Group: https://t.me/Xiaomi12XGlobalOfficial
If the link is no longer avaliable, or for some support, please contact me at this group.

Device Tree Configuration
Kernel Source

Donation: Paytreon
Please donate me if you like it!

🍾🥳

Last edited:

Jerome!

Oct 1, 2005
Switzerland
Awesome very much appreciated. Does it require an unlocked bootloader before flash?

I found the lineage repo on GitHub earlier this week searching for custom ROM, wondering where the thread was I was missing. Are you planning on Lineage OS rom too?

Jvlong2019

May 10, 2022
We did it boys, this guy manage to bring the first ever custom ROM for the 12X
Yeah, working on it is hard but fun
Awesome very much appreciated. Does it require an unlocked bootloader before flash?

I found the lineage repo on GitHub earlier this week searching for custom ROM, wondering where the thread was I was missing. Are you planning on Lineage OS rom too?
At first I was building LineageOS, but I think It's unnecessary for me to build it because I'm not going to apply for LineageOS official builds.

Nexus5-32GB

Nov 2, 2013
am so happy that custom rom development for 12X has started :)
I have never heard about Fastboot Enhance tool or fastbootD, but gave it a try and flashing your rom to experience it now :)

fe.jpg

If you run into issue the rom doesnt boot and formating data from recovery doesnt solve it, boot into normal fastboot mode and perform fastboot erase userdata and then fastboot reboot. This is what made my rom boot :)
about:blank

Last edited:

Jvlong2019

May 10, 2022
am so happy that custom rom development for 12X has started :)
I have never heard about Fastboot Enhance tool or fastbootD, but gave it a try and flashing your rom to experience it now :)

View attachment 5673293

If you run into issue the rom doesnt boot and formating data from recovery doesnt solve it, boot into normal fastboot mode and perform fastboot erase userdata and then fastboot reboot. This is what made my rom boot :)
about:blank
yep. That's a good choice.

BEAPa

Jun 23, 2022
Volgograd, Russia
Xiaomi 12X
great news, I hope everything will be fine. I had a few questions, there was information that xiaomi releases the source code of kernels with problems or inability to compile it, there is no such problem with 12x? And is there a device in the hands of the developer or is it based on poco?

ps. Will there be any difficulties after the release of android 13? Does xiaomi post new kernel versions or something similar?

Spiralz33

Mar 12, 2021
great news, I hope everything will be fine. I had a few questions, there was information that xiaomi releases the source code of kernels with problems or inability to compile it, there is no such problem with 12x? And is there a device in the hands of the developer or is it based on poco?

ps. Will there be any difficulties after the release of android 13? Does xiaomi post new kernel versions or something similar?
Xiaomi didn't release their android 12 kernel Code for this phone, only 11.
I made a post asking for it on the mi boards:
[Psyche] Android 12 Kernel Cod
Unfortunately the community around this phone is not huge or active...
It is shame. I really like this phone and looking forward to a custom rom.

• Sad
Reactions: Dsujan

SamHaLeKe

Aug 17, 2010
Brussels

At first I was building LineageOS, but I think It's unnecessary for me to build it because I'm not going to apply for LineageOS official builds.
That's a pity, I truly hope someone will pick up building Lineage OS 19.1 for psyche. Do you know of anyone? As I can see a few forks from your device-tree ...

- SAM -

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi @Jvlong2019,

I hope all is well. The two download links in your OP no longer work:

They both result in:
1664755373416.png

Please fix the download link(s) in the next 5 days. Failure to fix them will result in the thread being closed and all links being removed. Never fear, even if your real life is too busy and you can't fix the links within five days, just Report the OP and we can reinstate the thread and you can fix the download link.

I'd like to suggest someplace different than WeTransfer due to the quickly expiring links. AFH (Android File Host) is free and has served me well for eight years or so. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers,

@roirraW "edor" ehT

Edit October 7, 2022: Thread closed and all links removed due to non-working download links. @Jvlong2019 please Report the thread if you want the thread re-opened so that you can fix it.

Last edited:

SamHaLeKe

Aug 17, 2010
Brussels
Is there any specific reason why you want lineageOS?
First of all, I'm a long time user, coming from CyanogenMod. Second and third, stability and security. Nightly's, ...

- SAM -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    <Moderator Edit>: Thread closed and all links removed due to non-working download links. @Jvlong2019 please Report the thread if you want the thread re-opened so that you can fix it.

Bugs:
    Bluetooth audio
    Fingerprint
    DT2W (Partially works)

Prebuilt Vendor
    OSS kernel

Made by me (jvlong2019)

We did it boys, this guy manage to bring the first ever custom ROM for the 12X

Hi @Jvlong2019,

I hope all is well. The two download links in your OP no longer work:

They both result in:
    1664755373416.png

Please fix the download link(s) in the next 5 days. Failure to fix them will result in the thread being closed and all links being removed. Never fear, even if your real life is too busy and you can't fix the links within five days, just Report the OP and we can reinstate the thread and you can fix the download link.

I'd like to suggest someplace different than WeTransfer due to the quickly expiring links. AFH (Android File Host) is free and has served me well for eight years or so. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers,

@roirraW "edor" ehT

Edit October 7, 2022: Thread closed and all links removed due to non-working download links. @Jvlong2019 please Report the thread if you want the thread re-opened so that you can fix it.
    Really great news. But BT audio and fingerprint are absolutely necessary. Does the implementation only take time or will this never be able?
    It takes time. I'm trying to fix them