[CLOSED][Q&A] Galaxy W Questions and Answers - Ask All Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

S440

May 20, 2012
ODIN can flash away phone's system, not OS's system.. and you can see the CM9 zip (open it), it only contains "boot.img" wich is the kernel and "system" folder that will replacing /system partition.. no /dev partition or others will be flashed right?

it just needs USB debugging setting

So if i flash it the way arco suggests (with ODIN) i don't need to root it first, and i just follow up his instructions?

IvanKurnia

Mar 26, 2012
Jakarta
So if i flash it the way arco suggests (with ODIN) i don't need to root it first, and i just follow up his instructions?

just follow it.. but I recommend using "Terminal Emulator" that doesn't need PC.. but needs root.. -same way to flashing by adb shell-

THESE STEPS NEEDS ROOT & BUSYBOX, DOESN'T NEED PC & ODIN..
FOR BEST RESULT, UPDATE YOUR SUPERUSER.APK, SU BINARY, AND BUSYBOX

-go here http://www.mediafire.com/?6wkwiko5gmqhuyr link by acro68 the author of W's CM9 and who made CWM possible to our device
-download and extract it..
-put the recovery.img in /mnt/sdcard
-download "Terminal Emulator" by Jack in market (FREE OF COURSE)
-open it then type "su" and click enter
-allow root access..
-then type "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13" then click enter <~ THAT IS "0" (ZERO) not "O" word..
-then some text will show in bottom
-exit terminal.. check the recovery by turning off the device then turn on with volume up botton, home button, and power button pressed together.. until "Galaxy W" screen shows up, release the power button only.. then you will enter CWM
-navigate with up (up) n down (down) vol button and home keys (select) and power (back) and click "reboot system now" to reboot

HAPPY FLASHING :D

*I'm not responsible if your phone bricked*

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

it can be done in any ROM.. handy right..

Note: the input file (if=/)depends where you put the recovery.img

*sorry for double posting, can't edit post it's too long for xda app and will show just a half*

Reactions: S440

kemaro30

Dec 7, 2011
Manila
so ok, im here again and i got a question and i hope somebody can explain this to me.

i was before tried to partition my External SD Card using Mini Partition Toolkit in Windows and boom, it became RAW, it can't be read by my PC and only phones can read it. However i found a way to get it back to FAT and i succeeded using the SD Card Formatter. In this case my external SD became im not sure on what but in my file explorer (i use x-plore and root explorer) its no longer under the SD CARD, it is now under the ROOT, so the SD Card still has External SD drive inside it but there nothing in there instead the External SD files can be found at the External SD inside the ROOT the same line as the SD CARD. now my question is, is it good? i never used an internal/external swap before so in my opinion the way it was formatted is the culprit. should i make a move for this? or should i let it be?

temenalie

Mar 20, 2011
Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
can't read external sd card

Samsung Galaxy W I8150

hello guys, i'm new here. i have problem after install cutoms rom.
i just flashd CM9 Alpha (Build 7) by Arco, and followed every steps his said.
camera work fine, but dialog said "insert an sd card before using the camera"
when i go to gallery, warning dialog said "No Storage | No external storage available"

can sombody help me please.... thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed!!!
I've got answerd by Arco: delete .nomedia file in the root of sdcard.

thanks iDelta and IvanKurnia,

Last edited:

iDelta

Jul 28, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy W I8150

when i go to gallery, warning dialog said "No Storage | No external storage available"

Remount?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy W (GT-I8150) with CM9 Alpha 7.

Reactions: temenalie

IvanKurnia

Mar 26, 2012
Jakarta
Samsung Galaxy W I8150

delete the hidden ".nomedia" folder in the root of your external_sd

as acro68 said

Reactions: temenalie

hemustbepandu

Feb 5, 2012
Jakarta
how many hours you guys could get using cm9 after a full charge?w/ moderate usage?:fingers-crossed:
mine sucks,doesn't even manage to lasts 6 hours.i tried wiping the battery stats but it's no use,since wiping seems screwed up my battery level,sometimes it's incereases itself about 10% during a night sleep:eek:
should i reflash or something?
i don't think my battery is damaged since it's relatively new,plus i never experienced this in stock rom

answers would be appriciated:D

Last edited:

temenalie

Mar 20, 2011
Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
how many hours you guys could get using cm9 after a full charge?w/ moderate usage?:fingers-crossed:
mine sucks,doesn't even manage to lasts 6 hours.i tried wiping the battery stats but it's no use,since wiping seems screwed up my battery level,sometimes it's incereases itself about 10% during a night sleep:eek:
should i reflash or something?
i don't think my battery is damaged since it's relatively new,plus i never experienced this in stock rom

answers would be appriciated:D

in the stock rom i used before, i was charge my battery 2-3 times in a day as my usage (soc-med, games, phone call, etc). so in this customs rom is the same as when i use stock rom, im still charge my baterry about 2-3 times in a day. i think its normal :)

hemustbepandu

Feb 5, 2012
Jakarta
in the stock rom i used before, i was charge my battery 2-3 times in a day as my usage (soc-med, games, phone call, etc). so in this customs rom is the same as when i use stock rom, im still charge my baterry about 2-3 times in a day. i think its normal :)

how about your display & brightness settings?mine decreased the battery level about 1% in 2-3 minutes,with the brightness only about 15%-20%(im not so sure,it's a slider bar:eek: )
i wasn't even palying games or anything, i was just browsing the apex launcher menu
but i don't want to revert back to stock rom:p lovin the ics:good:
guess i'll have to live with this
hope it'll be better in the next release(s):)

temenalie

Mar 20, 2011
Banjarmasin, Kal-Sel
how about your display & brightness settings?mine decreased the battery level about 1% in 2-3 minutes,with the brightness only about 15%-20%(im not so sure,it's a slider bar:eek: )
i wasn't even palying games or anything, i was just browsing the apex launcher menu

i have 30-40% for my display setting. i really love this ICS, so i dont need themes, launcher or locker anymore like i did before (GB)
I hope Arco and his friends can fix any bug for the next build

zcuzz

Mar 18, 2012
go to Android Development section and find rom by yourself

you didn't watch "You Are A Noob on XDA Developers" video aren't you?

yea i am actually a noob.i know there was a CM9 rom but its was an alpha version. i want the one that is a stable version, if there is one.i cant post a reply on the thread cause it didnt allow me to post there since i have not reach 10 post on the forum. so i am asking it here.

reidzeibel

Jan 4, 2012
Yogyakarta - Indonesia
yea i am actually a noob.i know there was a CM9 rom but its was an alpha version. i want the one that is a stable version, if there is one.i cant post a reply on the thread cause it didnt allow me to post there since i have not reach 10 post on the forum. so i am asking it here.

Actually, what ivankurnia trying to say is, there is no "Stable" (as in:all functions work without problem) version yet. All we have right now is what is posted at the Development Section, that is the "Most Stable" (as in: functional,daily-use friendly).

Yes CM9 is still in alpha, Yes there are many variants of ICS Rom (AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, etc) but all of them are based on Arco's CM9, thus having the same bug & functionality with CM9.

If there is a "Stable" ICS Rom, it will be announced at the Development section and the [Alpha] tag will be removed.

Sent from my Modded Stock DXLA2 (Didn't have the mood to update)

Reactions: IvanKurnia

zcuzz

Mar 18, 2012
Actually, what ivankurnia trying to say is, there is no "Stable" (as in:all functions work without problem) version yet. All we have right now is what is posted at the Development Section, that is the "Most Stable" (as in: functional,daily-use friendly).

Yes CM9 is still in alpha, Yes there are many variants of ICS Rom (AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, etc) but all of them are based on Arco's CM9, thus having the same bug & functionality with CM9.

If there is a "Stable" ICS Rom, it will be announced at the Development section and the [Alpha] tag will be removed.

thank you so much,reidzeibel. your reply is very helpful :)

Reactions: reidzeibel

shanbhudz

May 21, 2012
Caloocan
c60c4367-c4cf-9a07.jpg

is there any suggest what custom rom that fits in my pics i attach?
Is there could someone help me for this im newbie here..

THANKS AND GODBLESS:D
Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Closed because of new Q&A-Section

I have closed this thread because W I8150 has a Q&A Section from now on. Please post all Question threads there from now on.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1821

Have fun there ;).
    Q: my zoom is not working (GB or CM9a7+)
    A: our device has 5 megapixel matrix and NO optical zoom. that's why if you use 5 mpx mode the device hasn't any other details to show you..
    other situation about zooming on lower resolutions. for camturing 2 mpx photo phone takes only 2M of centram matrix points.. others are used to zoom cause there are spare pixels
    QRxXf.png

In general there's NO need to zoom, cause you cannot take better images.. the result of zoomed 2mpx image is the same (and sometimes even worse) than cropped 5mpx photo due to interpolation algorithms..
    that's why the best practice is to take 5 mpx photo and then crop it on phone or trying to make some magic with PC software
    hope this will end all the questions about the zoom
    Hi everyone, my bad english. My system Miui v4. I want to play games, but insufficient memory. Example GTA III or Six Guns. I want to install external memory. But i could not. Help me please, thank you.

i try vlod, but phone was a bootloop.

that's it:
    Couldn't you just go to settings > storage > menu button > use external storage. Or use App2SD to move your apps to the external SD instead of the phone / internal memory.
    [Q] If wipe data, system,etc in CWM, does the external sd get wiped too?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

External SD is explicitly listed as one option alongside /system, /cache, /data, and Internal SD.

Therefore, just as @iDelta wrote: Unless you explicitly choose to format the External SD, CWM will leave it alone.
    Mock Locations is used when you need to send Coordinates directly to device, without using GPS. That is used to test the functolionality of GPS-Based apps.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Almost, but not quite, correct :)

Mock Locations is used to 'fool' any app as if they're somewhere else. The location info might come from GPS or Cell Info.

Not necessarily for development ;)

For instance : SoundHound ∞ activates its 'LiveLyrics' feature *only* for US or Canada, which sucks royally. There's an app in the Play Store called "Lyrics Enabler" which can 'wrap' SoundHound ∞ in a mock location, thus enabling that feature.

_____ W + Bionic Cow 2 + xda app _____
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone