• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CLOSED][Recovery] TWRP (pyxis) - Official 3.3.1-0 (final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
http%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg%3Dw300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

******************************************​

Hi there,

This is the official build (beta) based on TWRP sources and xiaomi blobs ... fully working !
(Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9)

!!! IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM, IF YOU DON'T READ AND FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, OR IF YOU FLASH SOMETHING OR DO A MANIPULATION I DIDN'T MENTION HERE !!!
THIS RECOVERY DOESN'T SUPPORT ANY ZIP MOD/ROM THAT DOESN'T USE SYSTEM_ROOT MOUNT. CHECK OFFICIAL TWRP HOMEPAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT NEW A/B DEVICES FROM 2019

Installation Procedure (first time) :

- Unlock your bootloader :)D)
- Enable ADB from your Official MIUI Developer option
- Plug your USB cable to your Windows PC and type :

adb reboot bootloader

- type then :

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-pyxis-final (auto-decrypt).img (rename your image just by twrp.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

fastboot reboot (keep Vol+ pressed until you see TWRP splash)

- Wait for decrypting ... (if already you set a lockscreen pattern or a fingerprint)

- Format Data (button on the right) + Type "yes" on the keyboard popup

- Reboot

- To boot TWRP from MIUI : reboot menu + keep Volume UP pressed.
- To boot from phone off : power button + Volume UP

TWRP can now auto-decrypt your crypted /data partition so you can make backup with no issue.
This is a big fix that prevent to loose your fingerprint and pattern ...

For MIUI users, you must flash the fstab.zip fix after flashing your MIUI rom !!!

Enjoy ! :good:

Update : 2019-11-05
-version : 3.3.1-0
-busybox update
-terminal fixed
-stable and optimized : setting lockscreen pattern and fingerprint on the first boot is no longer needed !

BE SURE WHEN YOU WIPE YOUR DATA, YOU KEEP THE "4 FOLDERS BELOW + .layout_version". THESE ARE YOU ENCRYPTION DATA. IF YOU DELETE THEM, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESTORE YOUR DATA BACKUP UNTIL YOU FORMAT YOUR DATA AGAIN.

TRICK TO SAVE YOUR LIFE : ALWAYS KEEP YOUR BACKUPS ON THE EXTERNAL STORAGE !!!

Download
link

XDA : DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 (pyxis)

Contributors
gringo80

Source Code 1 : https://github.com/TeamWin
Source Code 2 : Prebuilt Recovery Kernel from MIUI

Version Information
Release Date : 2019-11-05

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-01-18-39-03.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-01-18-39-03.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 3,488
  • Screenshot_2015-12-01-18-38-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-01-18-38-12.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 3,457
  • Screenshot_2019-11-05-01-09-58.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-05-01-09-58.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 3,287
Last edited:

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Thank you for the contribution, is it required to flash the zip to prevent encryption after each rom flash ??

To prevent encryption, go to twrp homescreen and choose "format data" and type "yes"... but before that, make your data backup on the external-sd ! (the first thing i do on all my devices)

Last edited:
I'm working on a GSI patch. The builds (AOSP-PixelExperience-LineageOS) boot but stuck on bootanimation.

For information, our device is treble ready : so the builds to use are arm64-ab (yes ab not aonly) !
It's a surprise to be ABdevice. Some people on our telegram group already tested havoc builds and booted but had some bugs on 4g and offline charging.

Sent from my MI 9 Lite using Tapatalk

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
It's a surprise to be ABdevice. Some people on our telegram group already tested havoc builds and booted but had some bugs on 4g and offline charging.

Sent from my MI 9 Lite using Tapatalk

It depends on the kernel used. You can modify the kernel as you want to make it aonly or A/B. Here, the stock kernel provided by xiaomi is for A/B buils. That's it ! I want to make a patch so to keep the stock kernel untouched ! (Modded kernels are never perfect)

DAVI FELICIANO

Jul 4, 2014
please send the link on pm

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I'm working on a GSI patch. The builds (AOSP-PixelExperience-LineageOS) boot but stuck on bootanimation.

For information, our device is treble ready : so the builds to use are arm64-ab (yes ab not aonly) !
Its sad that they didnt boot... Cant wait to see some rom's working treble or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg%3Dw300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

******************************************​

Hi there,

This is the official build (beta) based on TWRP sources and xiaomi blobs ... fully working !
    (Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9)

!!! IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM, IF YOU DON'T READ AND FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, OR IF YOU FLASH SOMETHING OR DO A MANIPULATION I DIDN'T MENTION HERE !!!
    THIS RECOVERY DOESN'T SUPPORT ANY ZIP MOD/ROM THAT DOESN'T USE SYSTEM_ROOT MOUNT. CHECK OFFICIAL TWRP HOMEPAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT NEW A/B DEVICES FROM 2019

Installation Procedure (first time) :

- Unlock your bootloader :)D)
    - Enable ADB from your Official MIUI Developer option
    - Plug your USB cable to your Windows PC and type :

adb reboot bootloader

- type then :

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-pyxis-final (auto-decrypt).img (rename your image just by twrp.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

fastboot reboot (keep Vol+ pressed until you see TWRP splash)

- Wait for decrypting ... (if already you set a lockscreen pattern or a fingerprint)

- Format Data (button on the right) + Type "yes" on the keyboard popup

- Reboot

- To boot TWRP from MIUI : reboot menu + keep Volume UP pressed.
    - To boot from phone off : power button + Volume UP

TWRP can now auto-decrypt your crypted /data partition so you can make backup with no issue.
    This is a big fix that prevent to loose your fingerprint and pattern ...

For MIUI users, you must flash the fstab.zip fix after flashing your MIUI rom !!!

Enjoy ! :good:

Update : 2019-11-05
    -version : 3.3.1-0
    -busybox update
    -terminal fixed
    -stable and optimized : setting lockscreen pattern and fingerprint on the first boot is no longer needed !

BE SURE WHEN YOU WIPE YOUR DATA, YOU KEEP THE "4 FOLDERS BELOW + .layout_version". THESE ARE YOU ENCRYPTION DATA. IF YOU DELETE THEM, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESTORE YOUR DATA BACKUP UNTIL YOU FORMAT YOUR DATA AGAIN.

TRICK TO SAVE YOUR LIFE : ALWAYS KEEP YOUR BACKUPS ON THE EXTERNAL STORAGE !!!

Download
    link

XDA : DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 (pyxis)

Contributors
    gringo80

Source Code 1 : https://github.com/TeamWin
    Source Code 2 : Prebuilt Recovery Kernel from MIUI

Version Information
    Release Date : 2019-11-05
    Today I tried your above method for xiaomi.eu latest build. backpack/restore worked well but when you set password on screen lock, it will never unlock after reboot

Thank you. Everything is fixed now !
    Read OP carefully !
    :good:
    you are blind, youn don't read
    you have a mental disorder. believe me. you should go to a doctor just for your health

Oh yeah? Thanks for letting me know, buddy, really useful.
    I tell you gringo, you could compete with some presidents. But in arrogance and disrespect.
    I was very patient and aimed for a factual discussion, but instead of answers to simple questions about missing information in OP I get insults and repeated information about things I'm not asking. But this is mainly the problem of this forum, I guess. Anywhere else this gringo would get downvoted into oblivion.
    ... Because everything is an illusion. I don't exist so how can i do this ??? :eek:
    so funny dude, you know it's forbidden to throw "OFFICIAL" tag around without it being approved ...
    Stay tuned guys !

LineageOS is on the way !