• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CLOSED][Recovery] TWRP (pyxis) - Official 3.3.1-0 (final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

holymoz

Oct 25, 2013
Ragusa
-flash your whole firmware. like if you want an new device (don't lock the bootloader !!!)
-boot your miui
-reboot to bootloader and follow the instruction :
. flash twrp
. reboot to twrp (keep vol+) : format data, type yes
. reboot to twrp again : wipe data and flash fstab.zip
. reboot to system and finish the settings
. reboot to twrp and create your backup test
ok, but not now, cant stay at pc.
Will do tomorrow.Anyway seems the same procedure I did last time.
Thanks for your time, will post tomorrow maybe in the morning:good:

rebeyeah

Nov 4, 2019
i've tried to install before miui 10 then 11, with magisk 20.1. it's seems all ok, but in both cases i have the same issue:
adaway and titanium backup , the firsts app installed, don't ask root grant automatically, i must open magisk app and set root permissions on yes by default.
and i have to set manually adaway and titanium to access to the memory and other data.
Now, all seems to work but titanium freezes restoring youtube, wikipedia, spotify..
it's the first time that happens, never change the phone was so complicated.
any idea?

holymoz

Oct 25, 2013
Ragusa
-flash your whole firmware. like if you want an new device (don't lock the bootloader !!!)
-boot your miui
-reboot to bootloader and follow the instruction :
. flash twrp
. reboot to twrp (keep vol+) : format data, type yes
. reboot to twrp again : wipe data and flash fstab.zip
. reboot to system and finish the settings
. reboot to twrp and create your backup test

no luck.
flashed a fresh downloaded rom from here
https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?guide=2
exctracted like the attachment
did all the steps
also formatted extsd
this time when I swipe to backup data it spends some seconds and the percentage go up before the usual error 255, previously the error appeared right after swipe.
anyway attached a log

Attachments

• recovery.rar
    28.9 KB · Views: 22

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018

holymoz

Oct 25, 2013
Ragusa
wish to know if someone else have this kind of problem or its a mine issue, I think I did procedures correctly

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Well, backup/restore also a problem. But my main objective is successfuly flash 3.3.1-2 (final). Backup/restore can do later. So many attempt to do, somehow just end up with older version. I just give up and starting from square one flash everything, using cn version.

Don't bother yourself with the numbers. the one that you have on mediafire is the latest one.

There is no issue with the recovery if you read and follow the instruction carefully. I make restore/backup for about 50 or 70times/day to test my builds ... with ZERO issue. If you do some extra manipulation or flash something i didn't mention.... it's your problem or contact the dev for your mods and roms. I don't support any rom or mod except mine lineageOS and GCam.

"Devs" should adapte their recovery script for system_root device and not copy-cat. A/B devices are not regular devices they are very complicated for noobs even for advanced devs (TWRP development is stopped too because of these new devices ... just take a look in the official TWRP page none of the new A/B device from 2019 is officially supported except s10 exynos !!! (This is note a galaxy s5 or redmi note 4 or 5 ! LOL)

Xiaomi for example link, nothing for mi 9 /mi 9se (A/B)
Realme link nothing for Realme 3 Pro/ X/etc

... And to finish look here !!!
to understand why opengapps are no longer compatible with the new A/B architecture !

TWRP became very hard to handle because of the new Google & Qualcomm security (they are the same BTW)

See the attachment (screenshots are live as you can see), i switch from a rom to another in less than 1 minute

Next time when you want to flash something from someone, please check in the recovery script if it's for a/b device :
if you don't see "system_root" it's not for you. stay away ! (look to my gcam zip and lineageos and GSI patch...etc)

I'm busy with lineageOS, so sorry for the inconvenience. The number is changed now !
(I didn't repuload it, i just changed the name from mediafire website, you can check the number of downloads and upload date !)

These are the last words of DeesTroy (TWRP Creator) :

"One of the side effects of this dynamic partition system is that Google has chosen to use a form of the ext4 file system that is for all intents and purposes, read-only. This choice means that even if you wanted to, you can't easily mount and modify the system partition. We haven't really discussed this with other developers yet, but it may impact your ability to do things like install Gapps. In addition, the dynamic partition model means that eventually, we should probably provide you, the user, some GUI driven tools in TWRP to allow you to manage the dynamic partitions that are on the super partition.

On top of all of the above, I, Dees_Troy, am the one who usually handles merges of new versions of Android. My wife is currently pregnant with our fourth child. I am quite busy with my growing family and the need to find a bigger house, so my time for working on TWRP right now is somewhat limited. So, I guess please be patient, or feel free to download the TWRP source code and make the needed changes yourself."

Cheers :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-30-28.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-30-28.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 489
  • Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-30-33.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-30-33.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 490
  • Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-24-46.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-24-46.png
    85 KB · Views: 483
  • Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-24-38.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-24-38.png
    180.8 KB · Views: 468
  • Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-25-56.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-25-56.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 464
  • Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-26-01.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-26-01.png
    222.4 KB · Views: 459
  • Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-26-25.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-26-25.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 440
  • Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-26-43.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-26-43.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
Reactions: Foreal_Bruh

Beast.Kuvretz

Feb 3, 2016
Jakarta
Why i bothering myself with number? Because the title, OP, download link says v2 version until you change it.
anyway, I already following your instruction. I using your first upload twrp since day one. Before installing mi eu, i also already format data, but there is no fstab.zip available yet. From earlier page, there is a user that cant backup because error 255, i also cant backup. Next day you update OP with fstab.zip, after long chatting, you sugest me flash fstab, and try again backup. But still error 255. But i dont bother about it, maybe because i skiping flash fstab simply the file doesnt exist before.
What im saying is i already following your instruction. I forgot to mention rightnow i using your LOS build. Following OP instruction, it boot up, but there is no Google Play. Until i found a post about downloading Gms at apkmirror. And it work. Maybe because i using twrp cn version.

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Why i bothering myself with number? Because the title, OP, download link says v2 version until you change it.
anyway, I already following your instruction. I using your first upload twrp since day one. Before installing mi eu, i also already format data, but there is no fstab.zip available yet. From earlier page, there is a user that cant backup because error 255, i also cant backup. Next day you update OP with fstab.zip, after long chatting, you sugest me flash fstab, and try again backup. But still error 255. But i dont bother about it, maybe because i skiping flash fstab simply the file doesnt exist before.
What im saying is i already following your instruction. I forgot to mention rightnow i using your LOS build. Following OP instruction, it boot up, but there is no Google Play. Until i found a post about downloading Gms at apkmirror. And it work. Maybe because i using twrp cn version.

All informations you need are updated on the OP ! People need just to take a look and not jumping straight for flashing. With your cn twrp you will not be able to restore fingerprint and lockscreen pattern. It will always give you an error.

As you can see in the previous post, i got no error. If you get error, it means that you are doing things in the wrong way.

You are free to use what you want ... at your own risk ! After all, XDA is not an after sales service.

Cheers

Last edited:

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Warning Update

Please check OP.

It takes me a lot from my time to answer people... Most of users are disrespectful and ungrateful. So i decided to never answer anyone here... and i close this thread !

Bye

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg%3Dw300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

******************************************​

Hi there,

This is the official build (beta) based on TWRP sources and xiaomi blobs ... fully working !
    (Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9)

!!! IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM, IF YOU DON'T READ AND FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, OR IF YOU FLASH SOMETHING OR DO A MANIPULATION I DIDN'T MENTION HERE !!!
    THIS RECOVERY DOESN'T SUPPORT ANY ZIP MOD/ROM THAT DOESN'T USE SYSTEM_ROOT MOUNT. CHECK OFFICIAL TWRP HOMEPAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT NEW A/B DEVICES FROM 2019

Installation Procedure (first time) :

- Unlock your bootloader :)D)
    - Enable ADB from your Official MIUI Developer option
    - Plug your USB cable to your Windows PC and type :

adb reboot bootloader

- type then :

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-pyxis-final (auto-decrypt).img (rename your image just by twrp.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

fastboot reboot (keep Vol+ pressed until you see TWRP splash)

- Wait for decrypting ... (if already you set a lockscreen pattern or a fingerprint)

- Format Data (button on the right) + Type "yes" on the keyboard popup

- Reboot

- To boot TWRP from MIUI : reboot menu + keep Volume UP pressed.
    - To boot from phone off : power button + Volume UP

TWRP can now auto-decrypt your crypted /data partition so you can make backup with no issue.
    This is a big fix that prevent to loose your fingerprint and pattern ...

For MIUI users, you must flash the fstab.zip fix after flashing your MIUI rom !!!

Enjoy ! :good:

Update : 2019-11-05
    -version : 3.3.1-0
    -busybox update
    -terminal fixed
    -stable and optimized : setting lockscreen pattern and fingerprint on the first boot is no longer needed !

BE SURE WHEN YOU WIPE YOUR DATA, YOU KEEP THE "4 FOLDERS BELOW + .layout_version". THESE ARE YOU ENCRYPTION DATA. IF YOU DELETE THEM, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESTORE YOUR DATA BACKUP UNTIL YOU FORMAT YOUR DATA AGAIN.

TRICK TO SAVE YOUR LIFE : ALWAYS KEEP YOUR BACKUPS ON THE EXTERNAL STORAGE !!!

Download
    link

XDA : DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 (pyxis)

Contributors
    gringo80

Source Code 1 : https://github.com/TeamWin
    Source Code 2 : Prebuilt Recovery Kernel from MIUI

Version Information
    Release Date : 2019-11-05
    Today I tried your above method for xiaomi.eu latest build. backpack/restore worked well but when you set password on screen lock, it will never unlock after reboot

Thank you. Everything is fixed now !
    Read OP carefully !
    :good:
    you are blind, youn don't read
    you have a mental disorder. believe me. you should go to a doctor just for your health

Oh yeah? Thanks for letting me know, buddy, really useful.
    I tell you gringo, you could compete with some presidents. But in arrogance and disrespect.
    I was very patient and aimed for a factual discussion, but instead of answers to simple questions about missing information in OP I get insults and repeated information about things I'm not asking. But this is mainly the problem of this forum, I guess. Anywhere else this gringo would get downvoted into oblivion.
    ... Because everything is an illusion. I don't exist so how can i do this ??? :eek:
    so funny dude, you know it's forbidden to throw "OFFICIAL" tag around without it being approved ...
    Stay tuned guys !

LineageOS is on the way !