General [CLOSED]Remove system apps (Root+Stock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ne0ns4l4m4nder

Oct 21, 2016
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I'm sure we have all heard the "can't remove system apps on android 12" and I have also been unable to remove apps without adb untill today. Today my friends I discovered {Mod edit} can and does remove system apps from stock android as long as you are rooted. Simple install update to lastest version, hold down on system app you want to delete and select uninstall. Boom, deleted, gonezo. I am suggesting this as a way to remove system apps with a UI. I DO NOT CONDONE THE USE OF THIS APP FOR PIRACY. Please always support the devs. Also if the app doesn't delete on the first install just do it again and it will delete. Reboot device after!

Last edited by a moderator:

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
1. I understand you're trying to promote a legitimate use for what is a warez app, but please don't. Mods don't allow discussion of apps like this even if they do have legitimate uses.

2. It's better to freeze, i.e. disable, a system app than to remove it entirely. There is absolutely no advantage to removing apps as you don't get to use the space you reclaim. Disabling apps is much safer and has the same effect as removing the app since a disabled app neither runs nor uses RAM. Titanium Backup and SD Maid can both disable apps and can do it to apps that cannot normally be disabled. I've used SD Maid on my devices for many years, and on my Pixel 2XL I used it to routinely disable certain apps included in the custom ROM I use.

Reactions: Nimueh

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
@ne0ns4l4m4nder Thread closed! Your findings are actually not new and certainly no news that must be shared if it's realted to a warez application. Even if the application you mentioned can also be used for legitimate purposes as you pretend, we don't need and don't want any promotion for such an application.
The sentence in your OP that is in capital letters shows me that you are aware of the XDA Forum Rules and I don't need to ask you to review them. However, just read rule no. 6 again, simply "we do not accept warez".
6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @ne0ns4l4m4nder Thread closed! Your findings are actually not new and certainly no news that must be shared if it's realted to a warez application. Even if the application you mentioned can also be used for legitimate purposes as you pretend, we don't need and don't want any promotion for such an application.
    The sentence in your OP that is in capital letters shows me that you are aware of the XDA Forum Rules and I don't need to ask you to review them. However, just read rule no. 6 again, simply "we do not accept warez".
    6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.
    Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    1. I understand you're trying to promote a legitimate use for what is a warez app, but please don't. Mods don't allow discussion of apps like this even if they do have legitimate uses.

2. It's better to freeze, i.e. disable, a system app than to remove it entirely. There is absolutely no advantage to removing apps as you don't get to use the space you reclaim. Disabling apps is much safer and has the same effect as removing the app since a disabled app neither runs nor uses RAM. Titanium Backup and SD Maid can both disable apps and can do it to apps that cannot normally be disabled. I've used SD Maid on my devices for many years, and on my Pixel 2XL I used it to routinely disable certain apps included in the custom ROM I use.