[CLOSED][ROM][10.0][BERYLLIUM] crDroid v6.13 [21.12.2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Dhiraj03

May 12, 2019
Hey there,

I dirty flashed latest build over the one from July and my cpu clocks seem to be stuck on max frequency even when idling. Changing governor thru EKM doesn nothing :/ Should I clean flash?

1) Try to update/flash same/ different kernel through twpr.

2) Or Clean flash (if first method not worked)

yoreek

Jul 24, 2016
@gwolfu Many thanks for your solid ROM! Could you please help what I should do to be able to run gcam 7.5 on Crdroid 6.11? It appears, some libs are missing, because this version does run on stock MIUI, which is also A10. How can I add these libs and/or at least find out which ones I need to somehow flash? If you cannot help, can you at least give a hint what and where I should be looking for? Thanks!

a.tiger

Nov 28, 2009
Reading (Uk) / Essen (Ger)
@gwolfu Many thanks for your solid ROM! Could you please help what I should do to be able to run gcam 7.5 on Crdroid 6.11? It appears, some libs are missing, because this version does run on stock MIUI, which is also A10. How can I add these libs and/or at least find out which ones I need to somehow flash? If you cannot help, can you at least give a hint what and where I should be looking for? Thanks!

Hi i have 7.3 Version is working fine ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201025-155754182.jpg
    Screenshot_20201025-155754182.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 314

Bourjois

Mar 1, 2012
Hey guys, I've got a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I had to set a screen lock in order to use the Chrome Password Manager. I set a swipe and a pin. Now when I try to access my phone the pin pad appears but it has no 'OK' button. I've entered the correct pin number but the phone doesn't unlock. So now I can't access my phone at all. I've tried restarting to no avail and now I'm out of ideas. I don't have a fingerprint set, so the fingerprint reader isn't acting like an 'OK' button. EDIT: I'just tried reinstalling the ROM (6.7) but that hasn't helped.

I would HATE to have to factory reset, so any other solutions would be greatly appreciated.

ps. (I'm not running the latest version of CrDroid, I haven't updated for a little while)

Last edited:

NtFaqwll

Oct 1, 2020
Hey guys, I've got a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I had to set a screen lock in order to use the Chrome Password Manager. I set a swipe and a pin. Now when I try to access my phone the pin pad appears but it has no 'OK' button. I've entered the correct pin number but the phone doesn't unlock. So now I can't access my phone at all. I've tried restarting to no avail and now I'm out of ideas. I don't have a fingerprint set, so the fingerprint reader isn't acting like an 'OK' button. EDIT: I'just tried reinstalling the ROM (6.7) but that hasn't helped.

I would HATE to have to factory reset, so any other solutions would be greatly appreciated.

ps. (I'm not running the latest version of CrDroid, I haven't updated for a little while)

You could mount your devices storage via TWRP and copy your data to your PC.
Then factory reset your phone.

Bourjois

Mar 1, 2012
You could mount your devices storage via TWRP and copy your data to your PC.
Then factory reset your phone.

Hi, I've done that, but now I'm in a lot more trouble. I decided to do a full wipe and start fresh with the latest version of CrDroid. I downloaded and installed the latest ROM (crDroidAndroid-11.0-20201022-beryllium-v7.0) but gapps failed, I'm assuming because gapps only goes up to Android v10. I booted the phone up fine with the intention of going back into TWRP to flash a suitable version of gapps. However, when I booted to recovery, it wasn't TWRP. It was what I can only describe as a basic built in recovery, with very minimal options. I rebooted the phone and put it into Fastboot. Fastboot was connecting correctly. I flashed TWRP but it came up with the error:

'C:\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\platform-tools\twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (16092 KB) FAILED (Write to device failed (Invalid argument))
fastboot: error: Command failed

My phone went to a black screen with tiny writing at the top saying 'Press any key to shut down'. I pressed the power button and the phone shut down. When I booted it back up it hung on the boot logo. I have restarted it twice and it's randomly booted back up, but when I try to flash or boot through TWRP it goes through the same error process again.

Last edited:

NtFaqwll

Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I've done that, but now I'm in a lot more trouble. I decided to do a full wipe and start fresh with the latest version of CrDroid. The rom installed fine (crDroidAndroid-11.0-20201022-beryllium-v7.0) but gapps failed, I'm assuming because gapps only goes up to Android v10. I booted the phone up fine with the intention of going back into TWRP to flash a suitable version of gapps. However, when I booted to recovery, it wasn't TWRP. It was what I can only describe as a basic built in recovery, with very minimal options. I rebooted the phone and put it into Fastboot. Fastboot was connecting correctly. I flashed TWRP but it came up with the error:

'C:\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\platform-tools\twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (16092 KB) FAILED (Write to device failed (Invalid argument))
fastboot: error: Command failed

My phone went to a black screen with tiny writing at the top saying 'Press any key to shut down'. I pressed the power button and the phone shut down. When I booted it back up it hung on the boot logo. I have restarted it twice and it's randomly booted back up, but when I try to flash TWRP it goes through the same error process again.

Your problem is that you are using USB 3.0 port, poco f1 only recognises USB 2.0 port for fastboot and flashing, use USB 2.0 port it will work.
That said always flash stock MI Firmware (ROM) then boot into recovery flash TWRP, after that transfer your ROM file into phone storage inside TWRP then flash it.
What happens is stock MI ROM rewrites over your recovery each time you will boot the phone. By this method you flash another ROM inside twrp, clean cache and boot, your recovery (TWRP) will then remain there and not be replaced by stock recovery.

Bourjois

Mar 1, 2012
Your problem is that you are using USB 3.0 port, poco f1 only recognises USB 2.0 port for fastboot and flashing, use USB 2.0 port it will work.
That said always flash stock MI Firmware (ROM) then boot into recovery flash TWRP, after that transfer your ROM file into phone storage inside TWRP then flash it.
What happens is stock MI ROM rewrites over your recovery each time you will boot the phone. By this method you flash another ROM inside twrp, clean cache and boot, your recovery (TWRP) will then remain there and not be replaced by stock recovery.

Amazing, I'll try that now!

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Thanks for your reply, that makes perfect sense. However, I'm getting a little stuck trying to get back to stock. How do I go about doing it when I don't have TWRP? I tried going through adb but the installation failed part way through. Also, is there a specific version of the stock rom I should be using, or just the most recent?

NtFaqwll

Oct 1, 2020
Amazing, I'll try that now!

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Thanks for your reply, that makes perfect sense. However, I'm getting a little stuck trying to get back to stock. How do I go about doing it when I don't have TWRP? I tried going through adb but the installation failed part way through. Also, is there a specific version of the stock rom I should be using, or just the most recent?

Use MI Flash tool, download the version of MI ROM compatible for your device on your PC from official website, beryllium or hydrogen (depending on your device) , put your device in fastboot, connect your device to USB and select refresh on the tool window, your device will show there, at the bottom right corner select clean all and lock and let it flash it will take approx 300-500 seconds and you will boot into stock miui.

You can flash ROM of any date and version, but it must be compatible with your device build. My device is Poco f1 beryllium, there are hydrogen builds too.

Select fastboot version of Global Stable MIUI ROM latest version is best.

PS: You need to have an unlocked phone with unlocked bootloader for this to work it will ask for your MI account cedentials to verify your device is unlocked.

Last edited:

Bourjois

Mar 1, 2012
Use MI Flash tool, download the version of MI ROM compatible for your device on your PC from official website, beryllium or hydrogen (depending on your device) , put your device in fastboot, connect your device to USB and select refresh on the tool window, your device will show there, at the bottom right corner select clean all and lock and let it flash it will take approx 300-500 seconds and you will boot into stock miui.

You can flash ROM of any date and version, but it must be compatible with your device build. My device is Poco f1 beryllium, there are hydrogen builds too.

Select fastboot version of Global Stable MIUI ROM latest version is best.

PS: You need to have an unlocked phone with unlocked bootloader for this to work it will ask for your MI account cedentials to verify your device is unlocked.

Thanks again for your reply, I really appreciate it. I downloaded the firmware and the flash tool, but unfortunately it didn't work :( I put my phone into fastboot and pressed refresh on the flash tool. My screen went black and showed the tiny 'Press any key to shut down' text at the top again. The flash tool kept running but with an error (see attachment). My phone is definitely unlocked. The weird thing is I even did a factory reset, out of desperation, within whatever built in recovery this is, but CrDroid is still booting as if nothing happened.

So basically I have CrDroid installed, with a random built in recovery, no gapps/playstore and no TWRP. I'm close to tears with frustration at this point.

NtFaqwll

Oct 1, 2020
Thanks again for your reply, I really appreciate it. I downloaded the firmware and the flash tool, but unfortunately it didn't work :( I put my phone into fastboot and pressed refresh on the flash tool. My screen went black and showed the tiny 'Press any key to shut down' text at the top again. The flash tool kept running but with an error (see attachment). My phone is definitely unlocked. The weird thing is I even did a factory reset, out of desperation, within whatever built in recovery this is, but CrDroid is still booting as if nothing happened.

So basically I have CrDroid installed, with a random built in recovery, no gapps/playstore and no TWRP. I'm close to tears with frustration at this point.

You are using wrong image which one did u download beryllium or hydrogen? Did u download for poco f1 from official website?
That press any key to shutdown text come when we use USB 3.0 port it should run fine in USB 2.0, if you don't have a USB 2.0 port u can use a USB hub to connect to USB 3.0 and then use the hubs USB 2.0 to your phone.

Factory reset won't work as you have CrDroid as your OS now, you have to clean flash the stock ROM to go back to MIUI. You can try to flash TWRP again and clean flash MIUI rom from there, also you could then install any kernel you want and keep using CrDroid as your OS.

If you really want to roll back to MIUI then please be sure to use correct ROM image as wrong image can Hardbrick your phone making it completely unusable, download CPU z or similar software and try to get proper build information about your phone.

You should have made note of your phones Stock MIUI version and build before flashing CrDroid.

Last edited:

Bourjois

Mar 1, 2012
You are using wrong image which one did u download beryllium or hydrogen? Did u download for poco f1 from official website?
That press any key to shutdown text come when we use USB 3.0 port it should run fine in USB 2.0, if you don't have a USB 2.0 port u can use a USB hub to connect to USB 3.0 and then use the hubs USB 2.0 to your phone.

Factory reset won't work as you have CrDroid as your OS now, you have to clean flash the stock ROM to go back to MIUI. You can try to flash TWRP again and clean flash MIUI rom from there, also you could then install any kernel you want and keep using CrDroid as your OS.

If you really want to roll back to MIUI then please be sure to use correct ROM image as wrong image can Hardbrick your phone making it completely unusable, download CPU z or similar software and try to get proper build information about your phone.

You should have made note of your phones Stock MIUI version and build before flashing CrDroid.

Yup I got it from the website and I'm using USB 2.0. I'd rather not go back to MIUI but I just can't get fastboot to work in order to flash TWRP. If I could get TWRP working then I'd be able to solve this issue. I've had CrDroid installed for years so I wouldn't have thought to note anything. I'm only in this situation due to the ridiculous pin lock glitch locking me out of my phone. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have flashed anything at all.

NtFaqwll

Oct 1, 2020
Yup I got it from the website and I'm using USB 2.0. I'd rather not go back to MIUI but I just can't get fastboot to work in order to flash TWRP. If I could get TWRP working then I'd be able to solve this issue. I've had CrDroid installed for years so I wouldn't have thought to note anything. I'm only in this situation due to the ridiculous pin lock glitch locking me out of my phone. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have flashed anything at all.

MI Flash is the way then, download latest POCO F1 beryllium global image for both fastboot and recovery, and try.

But if you are saying your fastboot is not working it most probably is a port problem, try another laptop with USB 2.0 port and switch cables if you have 2, try fastboot in all different ports, if it still isn't working then you will be stuck with CrDroid as your OS for quite some time and on the same version.

DrZocato

May 28, 2017
Some USB recognizes them and others not, I thought it was a USB problem.
I have tried using those USB on xiaomi mi5 with crdroid and it recognizes all of them.
Has anyone had a problem with USB OTGs?

Edit: Tapatalk app doesn't work either. Failed to start.

Last edited:

pfavayi

May 18, 2017
All my videos are take in portrait mode even though I have the phone in landscape mode.

How can I correct this ;

siroga825

Oct 30, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Could you please elaborate on this? What exactly do I have to do?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: If you mean the Magiskhide props config module I have already enabled it but still don't pass safetynet.
Thanks again.

1. Enable "magisk hide" in settings
2. Get "magisk hide props config" module and select right phone/android os.
3. Just to be sure, clear cache of play store.

This worked for me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Flash recovery and boot to recovery
    • Wipe system, data, cache and format data, then reboot to recovery
    • Copy crDroid and Gapps to internal memory then flash them in TWRP in same order
    • Reboot and enjoy :)
    • *Optional reboot again after first boot to flash Magisk for root

Update installation:
    • Boot to recovery and make a backup
    • Wipe system and cache
    • Flash updated crDroid and Gapps (and Magisk if you had this as root method)
    • Reboot and enjoy :)

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/beryllium#crDroid-v6
    Changelog: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/blob/10.0/changelog_beryllium.txt

Known isues:
    - None

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Poco Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    Build 20191001 is live

Changelog:
    - Switched to built-in Optimus Drunk kernel
    - Fixed SafetyNet CTS check (should help with some banking apps)
    - Added lockscreen battery info
    - Added back some status bar customizations tab in crDroid Settings
    - Added data disable indicator
    - Added 4G/LTE style toggle
    - Added roaming indicator toggle
    - Added VoLTE icon toggle

More stuff to come in next updates... Working on it...
    Build 20191231 is ready

Happy new years eve everyone!

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 6.1 code
    - Updated kernel to latest Optimus Drunk
    - Updated to December Security patches
    - Completely rebased code to new android-10.0.0_r18 tag
    - Added toggle for old style mobile data indicators
    - Added toggle to hide power menu on secured lock screen
    - Added toggle to display advanced reboot on secured lock screen
    - Added toggle for restart systemui in advanced reboot menu
    - Added ability to change duration of ambient edge light
    - Added in-built screen record customizations - power menu, tile and removed Recorder app
    - Added screenshot type selection for volume button trigger
    - Added aggressive battery customizations (crdroid > misc)
    - Added new font styles including Google Sans, OnePlus Slate and SamsungOne
    - Added new icon shape styles - hexagon and cylinder
    - Added new dark styles - Carbon Black and Amoled Black
    - Added toggle to hide status bar on lockscreen
    - Added separate toggle for battery estimate in Quick Settings
    - Fixed settings for ambient display sensor based customizations
    - Maybe more that I forgot

Download: https://crdroid.net/beryllium
    Build 20191029 is live

Changelog:
    - Added back battery percentage customization (both in status bar and in QS)
    - Added Lockscreen album art filter
    - Added lockscreen visualizer pulse
    - Added volume livesteps
    - Add ability to toggle bluetooth battery level
    - Added back Gallery2
    - Added back Trebuchet
    - Added crDroid Music app
    - Improved dark theme
    - Improved media seek bar
    - Improved recorder app
    - Some other small changes here and there

This build MEGA mirror: https://mega.nz/#!J1VzCKIK!QrjBnQEOeRVYqrAf7gvTTekZb7R97oXg6E7U85DZDLk
    Build 20200201 is ready

Warning: From this version and onward, minimum firmware required is 11.0.4. Flash it in TWRP and reboot to TWRP before installing this crDroid update. Clean flash is recommended!
    11.0.4 firmware: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cr...ware/POCOF1Global_V11.0.4.0-firm.zip/download

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.9.212
    - Updated kernel to latest Optimus Drunk
    - Updated kernel compiler to Clang 10.0.2
    - Updated to MIUI 11.0.4.0 firmware blobs
    - Updated thermals from dipper (let me know how thermals behave)
    - Changed SeLinux status to enforcing
    - Added Cocon and Quando fonts
    - Added gesture navigation mode settings
    - Enabled 4K on front cam (working only with some apps)
    - Fixed ANX Cam issues (including front portrait)
    - Fixed mobile data usage qs details view
    - Some more fixes here and there

Download: https://crdroid.net/beryllium