[CLOSED][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS-18.1 [PL2/DRG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

siemens_wolf

Nov 17, 2013
after 3days of powering on, the camera can no longer take photos. Restart the phone, camera works properly.

Nokia.6.1.plus
build no. lineage_DRG-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001.10037839

Also, I can use some other apps to scan QR code, it's fine. working.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
@npjohnson can you please have a real look into this?
It is a PL2 issue and not DRG and if you have a look into the dmesg in the LineageOS Bugtracker, you see what I mean.
As I said, I am on the latest official PL2 Firmware when trying to use the LOS recovery.
Yeah, sorry, two similar issues - I have no clue what's up, I've seen logs. Looks like kernel doesn't support some aspect of the device? Maybe a different panel?

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
Hey there. Is there anyone considering the idea that camera is not working? I feel it's a pretty serious bug, it makes the ROM hardly usable for day-to-day life. Camera is not working. It has been some time since I reported this and nothing has changed, is there any problem? Are you considering this?

@theimpulson here is a detailed list of the anomalies I found.

Lineage os camera works fine
Any other camera app has problems, I tried: Google Camera, Open camera and FV-5:

1) Flashlight doesn't light up, neither in auto nor is forced
2) Open camera with alternative flash algorithm can trigger the flash only if always-on and it's not in synch with the shutter so it is useless
3) Photos always seem to have the nasty HDR effect (I wonder how people can use it)

I attach the full logcat where first I take a photo with Lineage camera, where flashlight works, and secondly with open camera, where flashlight doesn't.

I also attach a photo where you can see the ugly HDR effect despite it was disable everywhereView attachment 5452455.

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
Great, thank you @Jann F . Did you flash it merely with these simple instructions there, or to slot b? And does it fully work for you?

[EDIT] oh OK, installing permanently does NOT work, only run temp. via fastboot...

Last edited:

Jann F

Jan 13, 2012
Earth
Samsung Galaxy S6
OnePlus 2
I flashed it to boot_a and boot_b but it never really worked with flashing gapps.
Ended up flashing it blindly via LineageOS Recovery by using a working phone with LineageOS Recovery and doing all button presses simultaneously for now. I can also write a button press guide if necessery.
Will still look into the source of LOS Recovery and the working one when I have more time to spare.

cittris

Jun 19, 2010
Hey all, I have brand new install of LineageOS on my Nokia 6.1 Plus, i'm trying to install a patched Magisk boot image and each time after flashing or booting it I get stuck on the Android One logo.

I've made a few patched files and the same issue each time.
Initially I tried flashing the boot image. Then I tried directly booting.
Also saw something to suggest flashing it as recovery which fails, then booting but still stuck.

Anyone know the solution?

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
Hey all, I have brand new install of LineageOS on my Nokia 6.1 Plus, i'm trying to install a patched Magisk boot image and each time after flashing or booting it I get stuck on the Android One logo.

I've made a few patched files and the same issue each time.
Initially I tried flashing the boot image. Then I tried directly booting.
Also saw something to suggest flashing it as recovery which fails, then booting but still stuck.

Anyone know the solution?
Don't do that way. Just flash Magisk through adb sideload after Lineage. Did you flash Lineage recovery first?

Reactions: cittris

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
Yeah i did. I thought i read that Magisk didn't support flashing anymore which i why i was patching the boot.img.
Well you can use any older versions anyway or rename the the apk file to zip so it can be flashed through recovery. I'm not sure about the very latest one but possibly is the same

servietos

Mar 21, 2022
Hi, yes it worked on LOS17.1. I've found the temporary workaround. Very odd. If you fastboot boot twrp and flash the kernel (probably would work with ROM too), OTG will work as xhci driver will be able to load. Never seen anything like this
I never got this working: 'fastboot boot twrp*' > it always stock in androidone screen but is still accessible with fastboot.
I flashed the TWRP from LOS recovery -> was able to access TWRP but everything which I tried I got LOS never to boot! > either it's in a bootloop (yes I've tried the twrp bootloop fix) or it boot up till LOS boot screen and reboot then to twrp back?!

However ->>> May there is a possiblity to get OTG running for LOS with LOS recovery (4 Nokia 6.1 PL2/TA-1043)?

I tested with a Nokia 6.1 PL2 (TA-1043) both LineageOS & recovery 17.1 & 18.1 but for both OTG is not working. This is saddly because I specialy bought this phone to use it with OTG - I know - I did not informed me in front ;-)....
May this correlate with the kernel??
Which kernel did you flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, since I have been using this version of android LineageOS 18.1 about 9 months ago, it has worked wonderfully, reminding me of the manufacturer's version 8 oreo, I have to congratulate @theimpulson, @npjohnson for their great work with this version of android and that very likely they will achieve a very similar performance with the version that is to come officially in its LineageOS 19.1 version, hopefully in this version the OTG can work, and the installation of applications with high storage consumption from the application store playstore in adoptable storage :).
    QaU8wTGXdFOb7hmyt9jnICrvdYfmO34aBM8qereCzyJCs4_LeN3AorUvGRjK6g0gljrnHGd_zlEfI2ug3JFbYh0jhiudkLT4qGqOK-Xf5YnBfeSMkFPZinfWlStX81TRTb7I55SmJYA

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
    Nokia 6.1 (PL2)
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG)

Google Applications (optional) :
    Google apps (11.0, arm64)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Follow the instructions at Official Wiki (Choose your device to see instructions)

About the builds
    - Device Side Sources are on official LineageOS org

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

LineageOS is available for PL2 also thanks to :
    - Google (AOSP)
    - The LineageOS Team
    - CodeAurora Forums

Beta Testing Telegram Group | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-18.0, ROM for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)

Contributors
    theimpulson, npjohnson
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 18.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-17

Created 2020-10-16
    Last Updated 2020-11-12
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG) is now also officially supported and this thread will be used for the same as well. Downloads will be up within a week (whenever the bot generates the build). Sources are also on the official organization in case someone wants to build himself.

Edit: DRG wiki link: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/DRG
    Are we getting lineage 19 ?
    Work on it has just started. I will wait till the ROM source is ready to be built without any issues. Oh but we will, it is possible for sure.
    I noticed, that my device often runs out of memory, so i had a look into swap on zram. I found, that the files provided on the vendor partition contain entries for creating swap on a zram device:
    Both /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom and /vendor/bin/init.qcom.post_boot.sh seem to do something for setting up zram and enabling swap.
    After boot however /sys/block/zram0/disksize shows "0".
    Can swap on zram be enabled automatically?

I enabled zram and swap manually:
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/block/zram0/reset
    echo 2G > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
    mkswap /dev/block/zram0
    swapon /dev/block/zram0

Afterwards my device feels much more responsive, when switching between apps.

Except for doing these steps manually over the adb root shell, there remains one more thing, that might need tweaking: /sys/block/zram0/max_comp_streams should probably be set to 4 to allow usage of either the fast or the slow cpu cores.
    We can look into it!

EDIT: Oof - fix is merged lol - that was dead simple: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_nokia_sdm660-common/+/311736

Next build will have proper ZRAM working! haha.
    Official builds will start rolling out soon. 1st post has been updated as required. The changelog can be seen here. Bug reports for the same are welcome on the official issue tracker.