***CLOSED*** [ROM][12.0][CROWNLTE] Project Elixir [OSS][OFFICIAL][TWELVE][AOSP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Basshrestha

Feb 8, 2017
There is a problem with the rom. when phone manually restart 4 or 5 times after flash then it doesn't boot only stay in boot logo.

Nov 13, 2021
Hello guys,
First of all, thank you so much for the great Job.
I have a question if you don't mind. What do I have to wipe exactly if my note 9 (SM-N960F/DS) is running Android 10 and One UI 2.5 version ? Do I have to wipe system, Dalvik/cache, Data or to wipe vendor too ? Thanks in advance

CyderXDA

Hello guys,
First of all, thank you so much for the great Job.
I have a question if you don't mind. What do I have to wipe exactly if my note 9 (SM-N960F/DS) is running Android 10 and One UI 2.5 version ? Do I have to wipe system, Dalvik/cache, Data or to wipe vendor too ? Thanks in advance
Install TWRP first.
Then wipe dalvik/cache, system, data.
Then flash ROM, Magisk(Optional) and reboot.
That's all!

Reactions: cosmicstranger

Porkki

Nov 9, 2016
Been using this rom for few days. Very smooth experience! Good rom! Only thing is I don't like gesture navigation and three button layout is different than the rom I came from (noble). But I don't think that has nothing to do with rom.

jacksonh

Dec 21, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Been using this rom for few days. Very smooth experience! Good rom! Only thing is I don't like gesture navigation and three button layout is different than the rom I came from (noble). But I don't think that has nothing to do with rom.
Yes I think Google forces the back button to be on the left and the recent apps on the right on the Pixel. It seems so dumb not allowing users to change the back button to the right hand side. I imagine there would be a Magisk module which would allow you to change it. Does anybody know?

ganapathyraman_s

May 7, 2013
Chennai
Project Elixir 1.3 is now up! Enjoy guys!

Noticable Source Changelogs:
+
January 2022 Security patch.
+ Network Traffic Indicator.
+ Introduce Updater!
+ Overall Smoothness is now improved!
+ And much more, Flash and See!

Device Changelogs:
+
Upstreamed kernel to 4.9.294
+ Fixed Bluetooth calls not working on previous build.
+ Prebuilt GrapheneOS Camera.
+ Bring AOSP Night Light back (Not LiveDisplay).
+ Minor Improvements!
For Cownlte, I see only 1.2. Where to download 1.3?

marshedpotato

Jul 15, 2014
South East UK
Hi, thank you for your work on this ROM. I am very happy to see someone spend the time so that the community can have this new version of Android on their Note 9 phone. The Note 9 is still a great phone it just need software like this! Thank you.

1 question, it says on front page that encryption is not working - I assume this mean that if I lost my phone then someone would be able to take the data without my PIN. Is that correct? If so, will this stay broken forever or is it something with plans to eventually fix?

CyderXDA

Hi, thank you for your work on this ROM. I am very happy to see someone spend the time so that the community can have this new version of Android on their Note 9 phone. The Note 9 is still a great phone it just need software like this! Thank you.

1 question, it says on front page that encryption is not working - I assume this mean that if I lost my phone then someone would be able to take the data without my PIN. Is that correct? If so, will this stay broken forever or is it something with plans to eventually fix?
It will be fixed some time in the future I think.

Nov 13, 2021
I'm using this rom since yesterday and I'm surprised how smooth and fast it is. Thanks guys for the great job
But I'm trying to install google camera instead of the one builted-in with Exilir 1.3 but it always crash after starting it. Any help or my maybe a suggestion about a camera app with bokeh mode.
Thanks in advance

Basshrestha

Feb 8, 2017
I'm using this rom since yesterday and I'm surprised how smooth and fast it is. Thanks guys for the great job
But I'm trying to install google camera instead of the one builted-in with Exilir 1.3 but it always crash after starting it. Any help or my maybe a suggestion about a camera app with bokeh mode.
Thanks in advance
I am also need this

Basshrestha

Feb 8, 2017
Mobile data connect with 4G but does not work on any browser displays no internet connected

Screenshot_20220121-071839_Chrome.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Aadil321

Jan 24, 2019
Hey guys, does anyone know a good gcam that can be used with this AOSP rom? If so could u please give me the link to download. Devices is dual sim exynos processor. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: king1990

Bloodvedd

Jan 24, 2022
I'm having some small issues with the Galaxy Note SM-960F Rom build 1.3. I can't access storage in settings it crashes, it will format the SD card for phone usage but then tells me that it has been disconnected. I can't update any apps as it says storage is full, I'm probably doing something wrong but I have followed the guides to a T anyone able to shed some light on this? Thanks for your time.

CyderXDA

I'm having some small issues with the Galaxy Note SM-960F Rom build 1.3. I can't access storage in settings it crashes, it will format the SD card for phone usage but then tells me that it has been disconnected. I can't update any apps as it says storage is full, I'm probably doing something wrong but I have followed the guides to a T anyone able to shed some light on this? Thanks for your time.
Try formatting data, then do a clean flash.

Bloodvedd

Jan 24, 2022
Thanks for your reply Cyder. I did that going back through it now I reflashed the Vendor, so do that reflash the vendor back and try again. or I probably overlooked something and broke it in the process.

Edit:- I'm also using the vendor file from Porkki post, its still doing it, can't access storage install update apps, says storage full won't let me format the SD card now, I must have messed up somewhere.

Attachments

• 2022-01-24 17.08.43.jpg
    2022-01-24 17.08.43.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

CyderXDA

w
Thanks for your reply Cyder. I did that going back through it now I reflashed the Vendor, so do that reflash the vendor back and try again. or I probably overlooked something and broke it in the process.

Edit:- I'm also using the vendor file from Porkki post, its still doing it, can't access storage install update apps, says storage full won't let me format the SD card now, I must have messed up somewhere.
do you have PC? If yes, download stock Vendor, and the ROM zip file into your PC. After that enter TWRP, Format Data then wipe Dalvik/Cache, System, Vendor, Data.

Then reboot into TWRP, copy that 2 files from your PC into your phone. After that, Flash Stock Vendor.img and the ROM zip file. It should boot again.

Try again, and let me know!

Reactions: Bloodvedd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    snHlKrS.jpg

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions, and proper bug reports are important to us but don't be disrespectful to anyone here. Your suggestions and proper bug reports will be taken into consideration.."

Project Elixir is another aftermarket AOSP ROM which basically offers minimal UI enhancement & close to Stock Android ROM with great performance, security and stability. Most of the OEMs' these days will provide slow and untimely updates, but we don't do that here. We closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolong support for devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open-source, secure, stable, and outstanding. Your experience while using Project Elixir will be butter smooth without compromising the quality of the Android experience. In short, it's perfectly balanced between Great Performance, Security, stability, minimal UI & awesome features including pixel goodies So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android. Download and enjoy Project Elixir on your respective devices!

PoKPPuF.jpg

- Saurav - Founder & Lead Developer
    - Prabh - Developer
    - Sarthak - Developer
    - Abhishek - Developer & Support Team

A5oSf9f.jpg
    NOTE: As we keep updating source so its hard to keep threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our elegram group for latest changes and screenshots.

// Features of Initial Android 12 Build and will be updated on every release //
    Code:
    STATUSBAR
    - 4G Icon Instead of LTE.
    - Added battery icon customisation
    - Added statusbar clock & date customisation
    - VoLTE icon toggle.
    - Volte and Vowifi icon picker

Navigation Bar
    - System navigation

QUICK SETTINGS
    - Vibrate on touch.

GESTURES
    - Double tap to sleep on statusbar
    - Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
    - Extended swipe gesture.
    - Quick open camera.
    - One handed mode.
    - Power button press and hold gesture.
    - Power button torch gesture.
    - Screen off power button torch.
    - Three finger swipe screenshot.

BUTTONS
    - Skip music tracks.
    - Volume rocker wake.

NOTIFICATIONS
    - Incall Vibrations.
    - Add switch for linked ring and media notification volumes
    - Allow to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is ON
    - Added Lockscreen Charging info
    - Add option to enable AOD on charging only

POWER MENU
    - Advanced Reboot.
    - Power menu items.

SEURITY
    - Add option to scramble pin layout when unlocking
    - Introduce pocket lock mode

MISC
    - Pure Pixel Goodies
    - Monet Theme (Wallpaper based accent)
    - Themed Icons
    - Add capability to allow tethering to use VPN
    - Enabled charging ripple effect
    - Bluetooth battery level when available
    - Allow user to add/remove QS with one click

Lots more to coming soon !
    Stay Tuned!!

65dC1Ef.jpg

Downloads
    NOTE: Please keep in mind that these are Gapps Builds and there is no vanilla build of this rom available.

5PIB1RV.jpg

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

CLEAN FLASH (Moving from A11 to A12)
    -Download the latest build and also recovery.
    -Take a backup! (It's important in case you do something wrong)
    -Reboot to recovery, Wipe System, Dalvik/Cache, Data , Vendor
    -Flash Build and Magisk(Optional)
    -Reboot to System and Enjoy!

What works?

Almost Everything!

What not works? Or any bug?

VoLTE, VoWIFI, Samsung Proprietary Apps (Its heavily depends on Samsung Frameworks).
    WiFi Casting.
    Encryption.
    SELinux Permissive(For now)

You tell me!

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.
    for more READ THIS

BWBCkKG.jpg

- Android Open-Source Project
    - Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Havoc-OS
    - ProtonAOSP
    - Proton AOSP
    - Arrow OS
    - AOSPA

// Special Thanks to Nipin, Subham and Raghav //

- Others, I may have forgot to mention

BuRWbqr.jpg

-Android OS Version: 12.0
    -Security Patch level: February 2022
    -Build Author / Device Maintainer: Cyder
    -Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos)
    -Device Codename: crownlte

---------- Sources and Documentation ----------

- ROM Source Code
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES
    - Kernel Source
    - Screenshots

vDVCAR5.jpg

---------- Join Telegram Group & Channel ----------

-- DEVICE UPDATE TELEGRAM CHANNEL --
    -- SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --
    -- Device Specific Group --
    (When you join the group, please press the "Rules" button to have the captcha, and complete that. Else you will be automatically kicked!)

As you know build is free but building ROM needs a server. And Maintaining source and device stuff needs a server and it's pretty expensive for a student. It will be really helpful and appreciated if you donate or contribute to us. Also if you have any queries related to donation you can freely message -> Saurav (Founder & lead Dev)

PAYTM UPI ID : [email protected]
    GPAY UPI ID: [email protected]
    PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24
    Project Elixir 1.4 is now up! Enjoy guys!

Device Side:
    + Kernel: Upstreamed to 4.9.299.
    + Kernel: Included R32P1 GPU driver for better experience.
    + Switched to OSS trees. (Better Experience, Performance, Batter Backup)
    + Adaptive Dolby Atmos (Can't be turned on/off atm, but it always on)
    + Swipe FP for notifications added.

Known bugs: (It will be fixed soon, don't worry)
    + SELinux Permissive.
    + Bluetooth Calls may not work on some devices for voice calls.
    + You tell me!

NOTES: Clean Flash on this build is a must! If you guys dirty flash and reporting bugs, I will never answer them.
    How to flash OSS ROMs?
    + Wipe Dalvik/Cache, System, Data, Vendor.
    + Flash the ROM, Magisk (If needed).
    + Reboot and enjoy.

Special thanks to:
    @dylanneve1 for his very very hard work on OSS.
    @king1990 for the great kernel.
    Since telegram link to 1.3 version download is really slow I made mega share of it:

Version 1.3:

I also uploaded vendor file for easier switch from OneUI:
    this is gotta be the best battery backup and performance so far compared to all roms that i have tried ! very happy with the rom except for the extra back gesture that gets triggered randomly which the other guy mentioned too.
    So as someone who knows what they are doing I've dirty flashed over Pixel Experience Rom Android 11 straight to this Rom using the latest twrp. I'm having no issues and it's silky smooth to use. Excellent job devs for bringing Android 12 to our devices. For those who are wanting to try but having issues please follow the instructions exactly and everything will work fine. Don't dirty flash unless you know what your doing like me.