[CLOSED][ROM][12.1][12L][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience / PixelExperience Plus for Sony Xperia 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bobbyamarthaa

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Sony Xperia 5 [bahamut]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Important Information
1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
2. GCAM Supported, but Unstable. (BSG-MGC 8.1)
3. You need to flash Stock Android 11 before flashing this ROM.
4. For VoLTE, you need to boot into stock firmware and enable it before flashing this ROM!
5.If you cam from SODP ROMs, you need to go back to official Android 11 firmware, and boot into launcher.
6.This ROM works fo both dual and single models.
7.This ROM works on Japanes Version with Android 11 Vendor & Unlocked Bootloader (tested on SO-01M / docomo Ver & SOV41 / AU Ver)

Downloads Links
PixelExperience:
Unofficial-build:
No Longer Available

Google Applications (Built-in):

Flashing and updating
How to flash

Make sure you upgraded to Official Android 11.0 from Sony
Unlock bootloader is necessary.
Download latest platform-tools from google

1. Install google's usb debug drivers.
2. Download PixelExperience Recovery from above.
3. Put your device into fastboot by holding volume up key.
4. Type the following command to flash the recovery:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
5. Hold power key and volume down key, you will boot into recovery.
6. Sideload the ROM package.
7. If you are first time to flash PixelExperience, Wipe data plz.

Never flash oem from SODP!!

Also thanks to:

PixelExperience Team
Sjlls
elmaleek03

XDA:DevDB Information
PixelExperience / PixelExperience Plus for Xperia 5, ROM for the Sony Xperia 5

Contributors

bobbyamarthaa / dabxxbs
Source Code:

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14

Version Information
-

Last edited:
Reactions: TChangyin

Xiaochenmsi

Sep 15, 2021
谢谢大佬!

Mod Edit: English Translation Below

Thank you big man!

Last edited by a moderator:

BrandonMCMFG

May 17, 2020
Xperia XZ2
Nintendo Switch
Great work, I will try this soon!

I have a few questions:

• What's the difference between this ROM and elmaleek03's PixelExperience ROM and what has changed other than the upgrade to 12L?
  • Would you be able to put an Android Security Patch Level section in the main post?
  • Is it possible to de-google this ROM, I know it defeats the purpose of PixelExperience¿

bobbyamarthaa

I have a few questions:

• What's the difference between this ROM and elmaleek03's PixelExperience ROM and what has changed other than the upgrade to 12L?
  • Would you be able to put an Android Security Patch Level section in the main post?
  • Is it possible to de-google this ROM, I know it defeats the purpose of PixelExperience¿

1. it seems that elmaleek is no longer updating the rom because he has changed devices, I contacted him directly outside the forum, and also initially I was only going to build the Pixel Experience Plus version, but I might as well build the regular type, so the difference, almost nothing except Plus version and update Security patches.

2. Security Patch April.

3. it's not a google experience without google apps, but on the other hand I'm trying to build another rom with minimal google apps or maybe vanilla, hopefully I can succeed considering I'm not a pro builder.

Reactions: BrandonMCMFG

BrandonMCMFG

May 17, 2020
Xperia XZ2
Nintendo Switch
1. it seems that elmaleek is no longer updating the rom because he has changed devices, I contacted him directly outside the forum, and also initially I was only going to build the Pixel Experience Plus version, but I might as well build the regular type, so the difference, almost nothing except Plus version and update Security patches.

2. Security Patch April.

3. it's not a google experience without google apps, but on the other hand I'm trying to build another rom with minimal google apps or maybe vanilla, hopefully I can succeed considering I'm not a pro builder.
ahhh ok, if you do make another rom with minimal google apps I would love LineageOS or something similar, I have just got into building AOSP's from source using the SODP so I am very new to ROM compilation. :)

bobbyamarthaa

ahhh ok, if you do make another rom with minimal google apps I would love LineageOS or something similar, I have just got into building AOSP's from source using the SODP so I am very new to ROM compilation. :)
I'm also still monitoring sodp and it seems for now it's not stable.

I see a lot of bugs on github that haven't been resolved, here on the other hand I'm really waiting for Kernel 4.19 to be stable.
hope Miuistone can finish it soon considering he is very active there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Sony Xperia 5 [bahamut]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Important Information
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    2. GCAM Supported, but Unstable. (BSG-MGC 8.1)
    3. You need to flash Stock Android 11 before flashing this ROM.
    4. For VoLTE, you need to boot into stock firmware and enable it before flashing this ROM!
    5.If you cam from SODP ROMs, you need to go back to official Android 11 firmware, and boot into launcher.
    6.This ROM works fo both dual and single models.
    7.This ROM works on Japanes Version with Android 11 Vendor & Unlocked Bootloader (tested on SO-01M / docomo Ver & SOV41 / AU Ver)

Downloads Links
    PixelExperience:
    Unofficial-build:
    No Longer Available

Google Applications (Built-in):

Flashing and updating
    How to flash

Make sure you upgraded to Official Android 11.0 from Sony
    Unlock bootloader is necessary.
    Download latest platform-tools from google

1. Install google's usb debug drivers.
    2. Download PixelExperience Recovery from above.
    3. Put your device into fastboot by holding volume up key.
    4. Type the following command to flash the recovery:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    5. Hold power key and volume down key, you will boot into recovery.
    6. Sideload the ROM package.
    7. If you are first time to flash PixelExperience, Wipe data plz.

Never flash oem from SODP!!

Also thanks to:

PixelExperience Team
    Sjlls
    elmaleek03

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience / PixelExperience Plus for Xperia 5, ROM for the Sony Xperia 5

Contributors

bobbyamarthaa / dabxxbs
    Source Code:

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14

Version Information
    -

I have a few questions:

2. Security Patch April.

Thread closed on request of OP @bobbyamarthaa