[CLOSED][ROM][12.1_r22][EOL][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.7 [08/14/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
It has been discussed before. You need to disable ultra wide lens correction from the camera settings for the ultrawide lens to work.

On another note, would it be possible to have a toggle to disable wireless charging?
Yeah, I can make one.

Try running this cmd in an adb shell with root privileges:

Code:
echo 0 > proc/wireless/enable_rx

and let me know if it disables wireless charging.

To re enable:

Code:
echo 1 > proc/wireless/enable_rx

Edit: Works. I'll code the toggle later tonight

Last edited:

Maruli

Nov 29, 2013
Erfurt
Yep, the quality of AAC on Android is low. It has a much lower bitrate than AAC on iOS (where it's actually 256kbps).y

Yep, the quality of AAC on Android is low. It has a much lower bitrate than AAC on iOS (where it's actually 256kbps).
Yeah, I've read that article but it's not what I mean. The quality is significantly lower if "HD Audio" or AAC is set in bluetooth settings. Even SBC sounds 10x better in comparison. I had no issue with any OOS version and even with the buggy paranoid android alphas. Same phone, same car but different ROM...that's why I was wondering...

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Hey @AnierinB I see these messages a lot in the log. It sort of floods and I think this may be causing battery drain by not letting the phone deep sleep:
Code:
# logcat -d | grep "E qdmetadata: paramType"|wc
   2022   20220  145584

logcat -d | grep "E qdmetadata: paramType"| tail                                                                                      
05-13 23:14:21.682  1028  2976 E qdmetadata: paramType 32 not supported
05-13 23:15:00.046  1028  2976 E qdmetadata: paramType 32 not supported
05-13 23:15:00.053  1028  2976 E qdmetadata: paramType 32 not supported
Not sure where its coming from though.

Found this patch addressing the spam: https://review.lineageos.org/changes/LineageOS/android_vendor_qcom_opensource_display-commonsys-intf~304877/revisions/1/patch?zip&path=/COMMIT_MSG
Hey @AnierinB , did you get the chance to look into this? The idle drain is very high on this ROM. I think this may be something that's keeping the phone awake.

With OOS 11, I never needed to charge the phone during the day (it would go from full to 40% or so by the end of the day) but with this ROM, I have to put it on the charger in the evening.

Melcore127

Jul 19, 2021
Does anyone have a problem with the finger print sometimes it just outright says clean ur sensor and doesn't work ,will only work again after a restart

jiehao258

Jun 20, 2018
Screenshot_20220519-170611_设置__01.png
Evolver display off can not open

AdmiralKirk

Feb 13, 2012
Manchester
Hey @AnierinB , did you get the chance to look into this? The idle drain is very high on this ROM. I think this may be something that's keeping the phone awake.

With OOS 11, I never needed to charge the phone during the day (it would go from full to 40% or so by the end of the day) but with this ROM, I have to put it on the charger in the evening.
So, as anecdotal as this evidence is, I'll give it nonetheless. I am currently running the latest version of this ROM, and I usually average around 3-5 hours of screen time in a given day. After all of that, when I go to plug my phone in at the end of the day, it's usually around 40% still (so about 3-5 hours of screen time with about 15 hours total time since last charged). I always see people talking about battery life issues with new ROMs and while I have definitely seen a bug or two in ROM's that can cause poor battery life, much more often (like closer to 98% of the time) it's an app or modification the user has made after the ROM was flashed. I can also tell you with how often this turns out to be a user issue, if you want the Dev's to take it seriously, you'll need to prove that it happens on a completely virgin, unmodified ROM flash with no installed or restored apps or user configurations. Again, that's just my experience, so take it all with the requisite grain of salt.

NGowtham

Jun 19, 2014
New Delhi
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 8 Pro
[OnePlus 8 Pro, Latest Evo X]
1. Feature request: Can we get Pavlova UI icons for status bar? (SS attached from another ROM)
2. Status bar Icon pack doesn't get applied to battery icon.

Attachments

• photo_2022-05-1.jpg
    photo_2022-05-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 35

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
So, as anecdotal as this evidence is, I'll give it nonetheless. I am currently running the latest version of this ROM, and I usually average around 3-5 hours of screen time in a given day. After all of that, when I go to plug my phone in at the end of the day, it's usually around 40% still (so about 3-5 hours of screen time with about 15 hours total time since last charged). I always see people talking about battery life issues with new ROMs and while I have definitely seen a bug or two in ROM's that can cause poor battery life, much more often (like closer to 98% of the time) it's an app or modification the user has made after the ROM was flashed. I can also tell you with how often this turns out to be a user issue, if you want the Dev's to take it seriously, you'll need to prove that it happens on a completely virgin, unmodified ROM flash with no installed or restored apps or user configurations. Again, that's just my experience, so take it all with the requisite grain of salt.
Fair enough. Although, in my defense, I am comparing the exact same set of apps with exact same settings. So, it is an apples to apples comparison that way. But yeah, its complicated.

Has anybody tried a different kernel with this ROM?

Also, are the kernel changes for this ROM available somewhere on github? I might spin my own at some point.

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
Fair enough. Although, in my defense, I am comparing the exact same set of apps with exact same settings. So, it is an apples to apples comparison that way. But yeah, its complicated.

Has anybody tried a different kernel with this ROM?

Also, are the kernel changes for this ROM available somewhere on github? I might spin my own at some point.
Comparing OOS 11 and a custom ROM is not an "apples to apples comparison". Not in regards to performance, but due to the fact the implementations are completely different between the two as well as the framework altogether. Your ideology regarding this is completely invalid.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Comparing OOS 11 and a custom ROM is not an "apples to apples comparison". Not in regards to performance, but due to the fact the implementations are completely different between the two as well as the framework altogether. Your ideology regarding this is completely invalid.
That's what I meant when I said "but its complicated". Its apples to apples from apps/settings/usage perspective but underneath a lot has changed with this ROM. And the goal would be to find if something in those changes is what is triggering worse battery life for the same set of apps/settings/usage.

Is the kernel running in this ROM updated to the latest from OOS 11 kernel sources?

D

Deleted member 8880810

Has anybody looked at improving battery life on this ROM?
I thought the battery life was pretty bad the first couple days after installing it but it seems to have leveled out. I'm getting a full days use and more with sot between 9 &10 hours. For me it's pretty good and I know sot is relative to ones use.

AdmiralKirk

Feb 13, 2012
Manchester
I think it's been posted in the past, but a bit of googling awhile back turned up a solid handful of the relevant Repo's. Evo's repo layout is very similar to Lineage's (aren't they all). I'll post a link to the ones I generally keep an eye on. I usually keep an eye on this and Lineage's repo (device specific as well). Thiers also a Telegram channel (several actually) for EvoX and for our device specifically that has occasionally good info on it. I think that's posted somewhere in this thread as well. Again, I only check the repo's to keep an eye on how development is going and out of curiosity, never tried to lunch my own ROM, so you may need more than listed below to accomplish that.

EvoX Rom Repos: https://github.com/orgs/Evolution-X/repositories
EvoX Device Repos: https://github.com/orgs/Evolution-X-Devices/repositories
Releases & Changelogs: https://github.com/Evolution-X-Devices/official_devices/commits/master

InstantnoodleP (OnePlus 8 Pro) Device Specific Repos or Repos that apply to that device:

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
I think it's been posted in the past, but a bit of googling awhile back turned up a solid handful of the relevant Repo's. Evo's repo layout is very similar to Lineage's (aren't they all). I'll post a link to the ones I generally keep an eye on. I usually keep an eye on this and Lineage's repo (device specific as well). Thiers also a Telegram channel (several actually) for EvoX and for our device specifically that has occasionally good info on it. I think that's posted somewhere in this thread as well. Again, I only check the repo's to keep an eye on how development is going and out of curiosity, never tried to lunch my own ROM, so you may need more than listed below to accomplish that.

EvoX Rom Repos: https://github.com/orgs/Evolution-X/repositories
EvoX Device Repos: https://github.com/orgs/Evolution-X-Devices/repositories
Releases & Changelogs: https://github.com/Evolution-X-Devices/official_devices/commits/master

InstantnoodleP (OnePlus 8 Pro) Device Specific Repos or Repos that apply to that device:

In order to compile for the device, all's you need to do is sync our ROM source, lunch the device (e.g lunch evolution_instantnoodlep-userdebug) and it will automatically pull all required device specific dependencies via roomservice.

Also, a bit of a correction to make here. device_oneplus_common is deprecated & replaced with hardware_oneplus.

Reactions: ps000000
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts