[CLOSED][ROM][12.1_r22][EOL][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.7 [08/14/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

psychemisha

Feb 10, 2015
Petach tikva
Xiaomi 12
I have like this anoying bug it happens to me on evo from early 12 days! like sometimes screen goes black and it feels like everything else i working so i must reboot the phone to solve the issue

petes

Jul 25, 2006
I'll fix this on the releases later this week, seems to be a rather easy fix. However, I've already started my update cycle for 8 series today so it won't be available in tonight's builds.

Hi @AnierinB . Looking at the change log, I assume you didn't get a chance to look at this one yet. But, just in case you did, the latest build still has the same issue with macro lens on 8T. Always grateful for the great work, but just to flag it to you since you mentioned you hoped to fix it.

psychemisha

Feb 10, 2015
Petach tikva
Xiaomi 12
I tried searching using FX but taking long time. Will try files thanks
Screenshot_20220530-083532_FX.png

Reactions: firoz3321

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Some apps are horrendously white! Native OOS ROM had the ability to enable dark theme in any app. @AnierinB Is it possible/easy to add that ability in this ROM as well?

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
hi for adb sideload we need to push the ZIP right ?
I am getting error :

Code:
adb sideload .\evolution_instantnoodle-ota-sp2a.220505.002-05290241-unsigned.zip
loading: '.\evolution_instantnoodle-ota-sp2a.220505.002-05290241-unsigned.zip'
* cannot read '.\evolution_instantnoodle-ota-sp2a.220505.002-05290241-unsigned.zip' *
PS D:\OP8\Evolution X>

I already tried the "Make Windows Aware of “Large ADB Address” but didnt work.

can i not copy the ZIP manually and invoke the update ?

Last edited:

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
You should use fastboot rom installer. Alternative method in first post. It's working.
OP mentioned for UPDATE use below steps:

Update / Dirty Flash
1. Boot into recovery
2. adb sideload BUILD.zip
3. Reboot to system & #KeepEvolving

For FASTBOOT it will be afresh installation isnt it, will lose data and ROOT as well.

UPDATE :
using the latest "platform-tools_r33.0.2" seem to work.

Last edited:

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
well frustrating. adb sideload was completed with result 0.
whatever it meant. now the device is stuck in bootloader mode. cannot start.

cannot enter fastbootd

fastboot reboot fastboot
Rebooting into fastboot OKAY [ 0.002s]
< waiting for any device >
fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable.

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
Fastboot also not working. now i have non working device :

Code:
Do you want to install ROM ( Reccomended )[Y/N]?y
Sending 'recovery' (98304 KB)                      OKAY [  2.376s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 OKAY [  0.401s]
Finished. Total time: 2.909s
Sending 'boot_b' (98304 KB)                        OKAY [  2.275s]
Writing 'boot_b'                                   OKAY [  0.386s]
Finished. Total time: 2.785s
Sending 'dtbo' (24576 KB)                          OKAY [  0.532s]
Writing 'dtbo'                                     OKAY [  0.078s]
Finished. Total time: 0.659s
Rebooting into fastboot                            OKAY [  0.000s]
< waiting for any device >
fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable.
Sending 'odm' (1404 KB)                            OKAY [  0.047s]
Writing 'odm'                                      FAILED (remote: '(odm_b) No such partition')
fastboot: error: Command failed
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Sending sparse 'system' 1/2 (779265 KB)            OKAY [ 18.527s]
Writing 'system'                                   FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')
Sending sparse 'system_ext' 1/2 (778373 KB)        OKAY [ 18.869s]
Writing 'system_ext'                               FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')

skubi07

Oct 27, 2011
Tarnow
For a couple of updates i have strange bug with vowifi. It works for some time after restart, maybe 2 hours maybe 2 days. after this time i have only volte working, and when i reboot phone it works again. I have oneplus 8 pro and my operator is Orange, Poland.

AdmiralKirk

Feb 13, 2012
Manchester
Just to throw my two anecdotal cents in, I have so far not had any issues using OTA's for version updates on this ROM. I have both Magisk and LSposed (Zygote) installed along with Shamiko and that's about it for root stuff. I wonder if some of the problems people are seeing are due to unexpected configuration data in partitions this ROM doesn't touch (aka, someone not MSM'ing with an OOS 11 rom prior to flashing this one).

EDIT: Just another quick note while I'm thinking about it. I've noticed some people have had issues ADP Sideloading the ROM. One thing to look out for is that this phone has both the old-fashioned Fastboot as well as the newer FastbootD. When using the ADP Sideload method, both of these modes are used during the Flash process by necessity. They both use slightly different USB Device ID's and thus, each has their own driver. So it's possible to have the correct Fastboot driver in your windows installation but not the correct FastbootD driver, so the ADP sideload will seem to freeze or fail halfway through. Just an FYI.

Last edited:
Reactions: justanutt

justanutt

Apr 10, 2013
Just to throw my two anecdotal cents in, I have so far not had any issues using OTA's for version updates on this ROM. I have both Magisk and LSposed (Zygote) installed along with Shamiko and that's about it for root stuff. I wonder if some of the problems people are seeing are due to unexpected configuration data in partitions this ROM doesn't touch (aka, someone not MSM'ing with an OOS 11 rom prior to flashing this one).
I agree. I did the MSM twice now with no I'll effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts