[CLOSED][ROM][12.1_r22][EOL][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.7 [08/14/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yeah, sure, I usually do that this way. But here after sideloading the update, there was no way to install Magisk via this method.

Anyway, that is so much less work than recreating every app, even with Titanium.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
I had the recovery and the fw.zip (C20) for my LPDDR version. If you don't have this, you MIGHT be able to just flash vbmeta and copy_partitions but I do not know this route. I can only tell you what I did:

• flashed the recovery from post #1.
  • booted into it, then went to "advanced --> enter fastboot" (fastbootd)
  • I then flashed every partition from the fw.zip (LPDDR5)
Where is this fw.zip? I have lpddr5 as well.

Right now, the main page says "be on C20 - C33" but does not tell how to.

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
they took it offline because it bared the possibility of people flashing the wrong version or messing with the steps soft- or even hardbricking their devices in the process. Now the only official way is to go back to stock, update it there and come back to evo.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
they took it offline because it bared the possibility of people flashing the wrong version or messing with the steps soft- or even hardbricking their devices in the process. Now the only official way is to go back to stock, update it there and come back to evo.
But that's kinda unfair to people who know what they are doing...:)

This whole thread (and a custom ROM in general) comes with enough warnings that people may foobar their device. There was no need to take down a perfectly decent approach to updating. Now, I am stuck at 6.5...😞

I hope they restore that and provide a path for people who don't mind taking that path despite the risks.

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
But that's kinda unfair to people who know what they are doing...:)

This whole thread (and a custom ROM in general) comes with enough warnings that people may foobar their device. There was no need to take down a perfectly decent approach to updating. Now, I am stuck at 6.5...😞

I hope they restore that and provide a path for people who don't mind taking that path despite the risks.

Updating the firmware isn't hard to do on your own. I updated the installation instructions in MY thread, and for good reason. If you don't like it, I genuinely don't care.

I'm not going to extract each and every global firmware for all four devices everytime a new full oos update is pushed.

And as I've mentioned multiple times, you don't need to constantly update your firmware. if it becomes necessary to update from c20-c33, I'll let users know. Stop obsessing

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
And as I've mentioned multiple times, you don't need to constantly update your firmware. if it becomes necessary to update from c20-c33, I'll let users know. Stop obsessing
That's why leaving c20 fw.zip around would have been a good move. No need to update it every time there is a new firmware. I don't care about OOS firmware much.

> Updating the firmware isn't hard to do on your own.

If you know of a method that doesn't involve wipe everything and go back to stock OOS 12, please let me know.

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
That's why leaving c20 fw.zip around would have been a good move. No need to update it every time there is a new firmware. I don't care about OOS firmware much.

> Updating the firmware isn't hard to do on your own.

If you know of a method that doesn't involve wipe everything and go back to stock OOS 12, please let me know.

Last edited:

BrickL0rd

Dec 29, 2010
near Vienna
OnePlus 8T
so i did 6.6 with fw zip to c20 and OTA to 6.7. is there a way to patch up to c33 without wiping?

i am having the issue with signal drops since ever, and any Firmware Update might fix this

8T

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
so i did 6.6 with fw zip to c20 and OTA to 6.7. is there a way to patch up ro c33 without wiping?

i am having the issue with signal drops since ever, and any Firmware Update might fix this

8T
Yes, @AnierinB just posted the instructions in the lineage Wiki.
Payload_dump an official stock zip and flash the images on your own in fastbootd.

Reactions: BrickL0rd

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Thanks for the link, really appreciate it! The only problem is that the full c20 or newer ZIP is not to be found anywhere.

Oxygen Updater is offering C16 to update to and then it will offer incremental. Obviously, I can not update to OOS C16.

Oneplus support page is offering OOS 11 from Feb 2022. What's wrong with Oneplus? Why can't they release full ZIP files for their ROMs?

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
Yes, @AnierinB just posted the instructions in the lineage Wiki.
Payload_dump an official stock zip and flash the images on your own in fastbootd.
This change hasn't been pushed to their wiki yet. Which is why I linked that and not the wiki. Please, do not insist on using the wiki until that change is merged unless you want people to brick their devices by flashing wrong xbl/xbl_config

Reactions: 5i1v3rStorm

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
dumb question alert:

Can i download the ZIP file manually and place it on mobile and do OTA?
as i am unable to download the OTA directly: showing 600+ hours (as I cannot select the server)

The India server is slow so OTA is not getting downloaded.

Last edited:

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
dumb question alert:

Can i download the ZIP file manually and place it on mobile and do OTA?
as i am unable to download the OTA directly: showing 600+ hours (as I cannot select the server)

The India server is slow so OTA is not getting downloaded.
It might be possible (don't know the updater-app, though), but why don't you download the ota manually and sideload it from the recovery?

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
It might be possible (don't know the updater-app, though), but why don't you download the ota manually and sideload it from the recovery?
I am doing the sideload method only. Only difference is that i don't have to root again with OTA. With sideload i am everytime uploading the payload, magisk patching the boot and loading the patched boot.

So i thought with OTA i can avoid these steps. Just being lazy is all.

Reactions: 5i1v3rStorm

AdmiralKirk

Feb 13, 2012
Manchester
Thanks for the link, really appreciate it! The only problem is that the full c20 or newer ZIP is not to be found anywhere.

Oxygen Updater is offering C16 to update to and then it will offer incremental. Obviously, I can not update to OOS C16.

Oneplus support page is offering OOS 11 from Feb 2022. What's wrong with Oneplus? Why can't they release full ZIP files for their ROMs?
I'm still waiting for everything to settle down a bit before I head over to the new firmware myself. But I'm guessing it's like it is usually, and only the Incremental's are available at this time. You can probably dump the relevant firmware from the incremental (Edit: Fair warning, dumping incremental's is a pain and requires the Full Zips they were based on, also you'll need a different dumper than that wiki recommends, check github). And again, like most things phone related, if you want the latest, you'll want to get it from Telegram. Also, just a CYA, again I haven't flashed firmware from an incremental, but I can't think of any immediate reason it shouldn't work (if anyone knows to the contrary, please say so, and I'll edit my post). If there is a full download available, it'll also probably be on a Telegram group. When I have some free time, I'll check later and see what's around.

Last edited:

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Out of curiosity I downloaded the full StockROM from OxygenUpdater, unpacked it and flashed the C33 firmware related partitions, following ArienerB's instructions. This is possible but neither is it required nor recommended.

BrickL0rd

Dec 29, 2010
near Vienna
OnePlus 8T
Out of curiosity I downloaded the full StockROM from OxygenUpdater, unpacked it and flashed the C33 firmware related partitions, following ArienerB's instructions. This is possible but neither is it required nor recommended.

i flashed the firmware.zips from the other thread via twrp to c33. not sure if it changed something though

makkonen

Jun 26, 2008
I seem to have gotten myself into a confusing state.

This may have happened on the last update, or previously (and I just failed to notice until now). I installed the latest OTA update overnight. Saw no notification that it was finished when I woke up, so I tried it again (which downloaded but crashed on attempting to install). So I rebooted, which (seemingly) successfully updated to the latest version. Of course, this also meant I lost root, since I didn't let magisk update the alternate boot slot.

I rebooted to recovery to manually sideload magisk, but continually received an error (after signature verification and saying install anyway, it mentioned an error with /sideload/package.zip.)

I switched to fastbootd (thinking maybe I'd boot twrp and try install from there) and then noticed it said secure boot was enabled. I rebooted to system and realized I was getting no bootloader unlocked message. I didn't even realize this was possible.

Any idea how I managed to do this? And is this likely to be affecting my magisk sideload, or am I just imagining things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts