[CLOSED][ROM][12.1_r22][EOL][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.7 [08/14/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
In latest fw there is no unlock-warning for me either, neither on a stock rooted OnePlus8, nor on an EvolutionX OnePlus 8 Pro. It is still unlocked, though and secureboot is on for me as well.

I usually extract a boot image with payload dumper and "fastboot boot" into it. This way I am temporarily rooted and can install Magisk from the app. Might that be a solution, if sideloading fails?

Reactions: makkonen

makkonen

Jun 26, 2008
In latest fw there is no unlock-warning for me either, neither on a stock rooted OnePlus8, nor on an EvolutionX OnePlus 8 Pro. It is still unlocked, though and secureboot is on for me as well.

I usually extract a boot image with payload dumper and "fastboot boot" into it. This way I am temporarily rooted and can install Magisk from the app. Might that be a solution, if sideloading fails?
Excellent, thanks for the confirmation that it wasn't just a crazy mistake on my part. (and not having to deal with a boot warning is generally positive, so I'm happy to keep it that way if possible.)

I will play around with methods to re-root. Yours sounds like a good one (though I'm not really acquainted with payload dumper, so it might not be my first try 😀).

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
Coming soon ;)

Screenshot_20220816-201314.png

dh2311

Oct 5, 2010
Madegascar
OnePlus 8
Has anyone else had google pay break on the most recent update? I'm not rooted but previously Google pay worked fine, since the update Google pay detects its a custom rom

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yeah, since we booted once without Magisk the PlayServices detected CustomRom for me as well. So I had to work on that again.

1st: get safetynet to pass. I use UniversalSafetynet Fix by Kdrag0n.

2nd: activate zygisk and enforce the denylist. Deny Google Wallet and Google Play Services.

3rd: clear the AppData of the Playstore, the Play Services and the Google Wallet app.

4th: reboot.

Now you should be able to re-add your cards.

By the way, clearing the appdata if the PlayStore deletes the configuration which apps are NOT to be updated. I didn't realize that and my YouTube Vanced App got overwritten by the crappy advertiser stock YT app.

Edit: after the reboot the play services are not on the denylist anymore for me. It still works, though.

Reactions: Klusio19

hanisir3

Apr 17, 2019
I was wondering since warp charge is now working what about fast wireless charging
If you're already working on it then thank you for your work we appreciate everything you are doing
Do it at your pace, no need to rush it
It's not a big deal

Asad_970

Jul 30, 2014
Hi, just need help being pointed in the right direction, thanks. 😊

Is this ROM compatible with in2017 i.e. OnePlus 8 TMobile. I'm on official oxygen os 12 for tmobile (if that might be important to note).

I can't figure out how to root this phone, to root I need to downgrade to android 11, to downgrade I need msm tool, but I can't for the life of me get this phone to connect to the msm tool, it won't go into edl mode.

If it is possible to run this ROM on my phone, would I need root? A custom recovery such as TWRP?
Thanks.

sudo-user

Aug 9, 2022
OnePlus 8
Hi, just need help being pointed in the right direction, thanks. 😊

Is this ROM compatible with in2017 i.e. OnePlus 8 TMobile. I'm on official oxygen os 12 for tmobile (if that might be important to note).

I can't figure out how to root this phone, to root I need to downgrade to android 11, to downgrade I need msm tool, but I can't for the life of me get this phone to connect to the msm tool, it won't go into edl mode.

If it is possible to run this ROM on my phone, would I need root? A custom recovery such as TWRP?
Thanks.
Yes, it is possible. Read the first post for how.

Reactions: Asad_970

Asad_970

Jul 30, 2014
I've been trying for over 24 hours to get the msm tool to recognize my device but it just wont. adb works fine as far as I know because my device connects to android studio, file transferring is working fine , my phone never shows up in the ports as the Qualcomm thingy it is supposed to pop up as.

When I try to boot into EDL, it just boots into fastboot or the stock recovery. :/

I really wanna get rid of OxygenOs, and it doesn't help that you're already teasing android 13 😅

Last edited:

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
I've been trying for over 24 hours to get the msm tool to recognize my device but it just wont. adb works fine as far as I know because my device connects to android studio, file transferring is working fine , my phone cout it never shows up in the ports as the Qualcomm thingy it is supposed to pop up as.

When I try to boot into EDL, it just boots into fastboot or the stock recovery. :/

I really wanna get rid of OxygenOs, and it doesn't help that you're already teasing android 13 😅
Join our telegram group (link in main thread) and kindly ask Jaba, he has the same device variant as you and is running LOS 19.1 based on oos12 sources.

Reactions: Asad_970

dh2311

Oct 5, 2010
Madegascar
OnePlus 8
Yeah, since we booted once without Magisk the PlayServices detected CustomRom for me as well. So I had to work on that again.

1st: get safetynet to pass. I use UniversalSafetynet Fix by Kdrag0n.

2nd: activate zygisk and enforce the denylist. Deny Google Wallet and Google Play Services.

3rd: clear the AppData of the Playstore, the Play Services and the Google Wallet app.

4th: reboot.

Now you should be able to re-add your cards.

By the way, clearing the appdata if the PlayStore deletes the configuration which apps are NOT to be updated. I didn't realize that and my YouTube Vanced App got overwritten by the crappy advertiser stock YT app.

Edit: after the reboot the play services are not on the denylist anymore for me. It still works, though.

It used to work for me fine unrooted. Now even rooted with all the above I can't pass CTS Profile Match on YASNAC.

Edit: Solved, was following instructions that suggested changing build.prop but that created a mismatch as I couldn't set OP8 and amdroid 12

Last edited:

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
It used to work for me fine unrooted. Now even rooted with all the above I can't pass CTS Profile Match on YASNAC.

Edit: Solved, was following instructions that suggested changing build.prop but that created a mismatch as I couldn't set OP8 and amdroid 12
You can try this

Scroll down to the answer of MyNameIsJeff from 12th June.
On my wife's OP8 stock I needed the MagiskHidePropsConf to get CTS to pass.

Flash1337

Jan 24, 2013
Question : Does anybody else, notice that the screen/phone runs hotter on custom roms in games, compared to stock oos ?

Is stock being underclocked or something ?

Only asking, because everything runs smoother on evo x, but the temperature is noticeable on my device. And its with stock settings (not with any OC).

Last edited:

afrob101

Sep 19, 2021
In fastboot mode, the phone scrolls from top to bottom by itself and I can't select anything. does anyone have a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts