[CLOSED][ROM][12.1_r22][EOL][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.7 [08/14/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

antisoma

Nov 14, 2013
So I upgraded today OTA and my device shows only the bootloader is unlocked screen then screen goes black and nothing further happens. Oh well, where should I start in fixing this?

Seems to be stuck in a bootloop some restarts. Other times it seems like it boots (but the screen remains black) because if I 'adb devices' it shows the phone connected but unauthorized.

_Glcr

Nov 25, 2013
Rostock
OnePlus One
OnePlus X
So I upgraded today OTA and my device shows only the bootloader is unlocked screen then screen goes black and nothing further happens. Oh well, where should I start in fixing this?

Seems to be stuck in a bootloop some restarts. Other times it seems like it boots (but the screen remains black) because if I 'adb devices' it shows the phone connected but unauthorized.
did you ota from 6.6 to 6.7 (latest release)?

_Glcr

Nov 25, 2013
Rostock
OnePlus One
OnePlus X
Hi DuffBoon,

I believe so. I upgraded OTA this morning - I am not 100% sure what version I was on previously - I am reasonably good about updating regularly.
Did you update to 6.6 the following way?:
First Time Install / Clean Flash
1. Have an unlocked bootloader & be on OOS 12 (C20 - C33).
2. Download copy_partitions, vbmeta, recovery, and rom for your device from here
3. Reboot to bootloader
4. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot reboot recovery
5. While in recovery, navigate to Apply update -> Apply from ADB
6. adb sideload copy_partitions.zip
7. adb sideload rom.zip (replace "rom" with actual filename)
8. Format data, reboot to system & #KeepEvolving
Post #1

If not, it is most likely that you have softbricked your smartphone.
There are a number of comments in this thread that will help you recover the phone

An OTA from 6.6 to 6.7 was successful in my and other cases

Reactions: 5i1v3rStorm

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Have you done the very important firmware update step? Have you either flashed the FW.zip that had been linked in Post #1 (not any longer) or have you gone back to stock OOS and upgraded to C20?

If you haven't done one or the other than you are stuck because 6.6 and 6.7 require the C20 firmware.

I'd suggest MSM tool, upgrade to latest stock, flash copy_partitions and then sideloading EvoX

antisoma

Nov 14, 2013

Post #1

There are a number of comments in this thread that will help you recover the phone

Thanks it's quite possible I wasn't on 6.6. I did follow the detailed instructions the first time but not recently when updating and just let it proceed OTA. I'll look back over comments to find a solution. Thanks for helping.

BubbletopTag

Jul 27, 2022

Post #1

You actually don't have to clean flash 6.6 or 6.7. if updating

What I did keep my data was, update my firmware, then dirty flash. Worked like a charm! Except I had to reinstall Magisk.

TESTED ON ONEPLUS 8 YOUR RESULTS MY VARY! IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU TRY YOU TRY THIS, F IT UP, AND BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!

Reactions: 5i1v3rStorm

antisoma

Nov 14, 2013
Thanks to everyone that helped me. I've used the MSM Download Tool to go back to stock.

My fault for not updating carefully. Wish OTA wouldn't let you make that mistake but again, my fault.

AnierinB

Retired Recognized Developer
No - fastcharge for 8 and 8p are not fixed yet. 8T and 9R do fastcharge, but lock screen display doesn't work
Warp/Vooc charging on 8/8Pro has been fixed as of this morning and OTA's have already been pushed. Lock screen will report warp charging now as well and that portion will be fixed for 8T/9R when they receive updates.
Screenshot_20220815-012135_Telegram.png
Screenshot_20220815-012150_Ampere.png

Melcore127

Jul 19, 2021
You actually don't have to clean flash 6.6 or 6.7. if updating

What I did keep my data was, update my firmware, then dirty flash. Worked like a charm! Except I had to reinstall Magisk.

TESTED ON ONEPLUS 8 YOUR RESULTS MY VARY! IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU TRY YOU TRY THIS, F IT UP, AND BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!
i can vouch for u as i pretty much did the same , was on the latest 6,6 update all u have to do is flash the vbmeta and adb side-load the copy partition and ur good to go its pretty straightforward , then just update like normal side-load. Thanks @AnierinB for the amazing ROM

Reactions: AnierinB

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey guys, I just finished dirty-updating from 6.5 to 6.7 without issues.

I know, some of you want to know how that is done, but let me warn you: We are not supposed to do this. There might be dragons.

I had the recovery and the fw.zip (C20) for my LPDDR version. If you don't have this, you MIGHT be able to just flash vbmeta and copy_partitions but I do not know this route. I can only tell you what I did:

• flashed the recovery from post #1.
  • booted into it, then went to "advanced --> enter fastboot" (fastbootd)
  • I then flashed every partition from the fw.zip (LPDDR5)
  • I tapped on "go back to recovery", went to "apply update --> apply from ADB"
  • Then I sideloaded evoX 6.7.
  • I then simply rebooted the phone. By the way: My macOS terminal said something like: unknown error: 0. I rebooted anyway (0 is always a nice exit code).
  • It seems to have worked just fine, only I have to go through the process of payload_dumping a boot partition and reinstalling Magisk again, but I would have to do this anyway, right?

Reactions: _Glcr

_Glcr

Nov 25, 2013
Rostock
OnePlus One
OnePlus X
Hey guys, I just finished dirty-updating from 6.5 to 6.7 without issues.

I know, some of you want to know how that is done, but let me warn you: We are not supposed to do this. There might be dragons.

I had the recovery and the fw.zip (C20) for my LPDDR version. If you don't have this, you MIGHT be able to just flash vbmeta and copy_partitions but I do not know this route. I can only tell you what I did:

• I tapped on "go back to recovery", went to "apply update --> apply from ADB"
  • Then I sideloaded evoX 6.7.
  • I then simply rebooted the phone. By the way: My macOS terminal said something like: unknown error: 0. I rebooted anyway (0 is always a nice exit code).
  • It seems to have worked just fine, only I have to go through the process of payload_dumping a boot partition and reinstalling Magisk again, but I would have to do this anyway, right?
Before every restart, after ota installation, it is mandatory that you let magisk install itself to the inactive slot. So you don't have to do all of this again.

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yeah, sure, I usually do that this way. But here after sideloading the update, there was no way to install Magisk via this method.

Anyway, that is so much less work than recreating every app, even with Titanium.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008

Where is this fw.zip? I have lpddr5 as well.

Right now, the main page says "be on C20 - C33" but does not tell how to.

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
they took it offline because it bared the possibility of people flashing the wrong version or messing with the steps soft- or even hardbricking their devices in the process. Now the only official way is to go back to stock, update it there and come back to evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts