Development [CLOSED][ROM][13.0][hanoip] Android Open Source Project [Tiramisu] [G60/G40]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
I need one help windows explorer does not showing the MTP what to do ? am stuck in Twrp couldn't able to move rom zip to phone storage
Doesn't have to be on the phone (internal) storage. It can be anywhere. If you're using an external storage (SD Card), you can get it from there.

Alternatively, you should be able to sideload the ROM, from your PC, using CMD prompt/Terminal, with this command:
adb sideload /path-to-your-ROM.zip

Just make sure adb is working (USB Debugging enabled, and fingerprinting allowed).

Last edited:

Surenmof1

Doesn't have to be on the phone (internal) storage. It can be anywhere. If you're using an external storage (SD Card), you can get it from there.

Alternatively, you should be able to sideload the ROM, from your PC, using CMD prompt/Terminal, with this command:

Just make sure adb is working (USB Debugging enabled, and fingerprinting allowed).
what is slots in that A, B ?

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
what is slots in that A, B ?
You don't need to worry about that.

But if you want to learn more about it, here you go:

"Partition selection (slots)

A/B system updates use two sets of partitions referred to as slots (normally slot A and slot B). The system runs from the current slot while the partitions in the unused slot are not accessed by the running system during normal operation. This approach makes updates fault resistant by keeping the unused slot as a fallback: If an error occurs during or immediately after an update, the system can rollback to the old slot and continue to have a working system. To achieve this goal, no partition used by the current slot should be updated as part of the OTA update (including partitions for which there is only one copy)."

Reactions: Raghu varma

Surenmof1

You don't need to worry about that.

But if you want to learn more about it, here you go:

"Partition selection (slots)

A/B system updates use two sets of partitions referred to as slots (normally slot A and slot B). The system runs from the current slot while the partitions in the unused slot are not accessed by the running system during normal operation. This approach makes updates fault resistant by keeping the unused slot as a fallback: If an error occurs during or immediately after an update, the system can rollback to the old slot and continue to have a working system. To achieve this goal, no partition used by the current slot should be updated as part of the OTA update (including partitions for which there is only one copy)."
I got an error while flashing thru adb sideload. some how I managed to install in the right slot thanks for the info

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
I got an error while flashing thru adb sideload. some how I managed to install in the right slot thanks for the info
I got some errors too, when flashing through TWRP. But everything worked fine. I'm not sure if the errors were intended or not. And I didn't take a screenshot. So...I guess we'll see the next time I flash a ROM. :)

Important thing is that you managed to install it and you can boot.

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
A big massive thank you for the deep testing on Android 13 custom rom. it's really hard to find good testers with proper end to end report. Anyway keep doing the test for the next 24 hours and finalize the bugs list. So that will fix and release in next round

Thank you!
It would be my pleasure to help you on this wonderful journey.

Surenmof1

Potential bug: when trying to restore the backup from Google, it gets stuck in the "Just a few moments" screen.

Screenshot below.
View attachment 5689007

Update:

If anyone else encounters this issue, it looks like the problem is...permissions.

If you get the Google Play services error, you need to change settings according.

View attachment 5689023

Basically this is what needs to be changed.

View attachment 5689021
It didn't even prompt so I thought it will work okay I will look for it

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
It didn't even prompt so I thought it will work okay I will look for it
It didn't prompt me either. :)

If you exit to home screen, and enter back, it will ask for some permissions.... But not all of those. That popup only appears when accessed from the error notification I mentioned before.

Alternatively, you can simply go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Permissions, and allow permissions for Contacts, Phone and SMS. Then go back one step in the restore flow and try to restore again. This time, it should go through.

I'll update the initial post with this information, as well. Might help other people, too. :)

Oh, and in case you're stuck during the initial setup, just Skip that step. And once you reached home screen, you can resume it from notifications (after you allow those permissions).

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Another thing I've noticed is that the weather widget is missing from Widgets. Intended...? Or is this something that Google removed in Android 13? I kinda doubt it was removed. But I'm just asking to make sure.

I'm talking about this. This is from a Pixel Experience ROM on Android 12.
Screenshot_20220818-192600_Pixel Launcher.png

Also I'm starting to notice a few more differences between the Pixel Experience ROM and this AOSP. :)

For example, At a Glance.

These are the options in Pixel Experience (Android 12).
Screenshot_20220818-201611_Google.png

And these are the options in this AOSP (Android 13). Commute & Time to Leave are missing.

Screenshot_20220818-201547.png

Also, something else is missing...but I can't say I really missed it, is the "recommended" app, or whatever it's called, in the lower right corner (screenshot below).

Now, of course, this is not meant as a Pixel ROM, but just something I've noticed.
By the way, I would love a Pixel Experience ROM based on this Android 13 AOSP. :D

Screenshot_20220818-202151_Pixel Launcher.png

Last edited:
Reactions: netss

netss

Feb 12, 2008
its the same with my

1. weather widget is missing
2. buttom google now doesnt work
3. we need to change permissions in everywhere

Buuuutt!!! its AMAZING WORK..

OMG.. android 13..!!! on this devices... i love it

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
A couple more things I'm noticing. Some could be bugs, some...just things I'm noticing. I'll let you decide if they're intended or not. :)

1. Weather information from At a Glance widget doesn't seem to work... Or doesn't work in my case, for some reason. Could be related to the missing Weather widget above.

I've got a third party widget below, and that one works perfectly fine, as you can see.

Screenshot_20220819-055129.png

2. I'm still trying to reproduce this... But from time to time, after I unlock the phone with fingerprint, it shows the "SD Card" notification again... See below for a screenshot.

This notification is something I've noticed with Android 12 and above, and it's also happening with stock ROM. Because it comes directly from Google. It's like Google really wants you to acknowledge you've got an external SD card inserted into your phone. So it notifies you about it every time you turn on the phone. I have no idea why. But you can't turn it off. Personally I find it annoying.

However, in this case...it seems to trigger this notification more often than it should. It doesn't always happen. It's not after each unlock. But it does happen pretty often. I also noticed the lock screen kinda freezing a little bit when this occurs, and when it unfreezes, this notification will pop up, too. It's like it's triggering a UI restart or something. So...they might be related.

Screenshot_20220819-053112.png

3. VoLTE and VoWIFI both work. And I'm super happy about it. :D

However, what I've noticed is that there is no icon for VoLTE (probably missing in AOSP). You do get the LTE icon, but nothing to tell you VoLTE is ON. And VoWIFI icon only shows up when in a call.

If these are both intended, then no problem. As I said, it's just something I've noticed. Not necessarily a bug.

Also, something else I've noticed, but this could be intended, as well. VoWIFI doesn't work on Airplane Mode (with WiFi ON). I don't remember if it works on stock Android 12... Maybe yes, maybe not. But it does work on other platforms, such as iOS. So, if this is a common thing for Android, and not a bug, please, ignore. :)

And, not a bug, just something I got used to from stock ROM: Moto shortcuts. Such as the "chop-chop" to turn on/off the flashlight. :) You can add a shortcut for this of course, but it's not the same.
Also, I saw Google implemented a shortcut where you can tap the back of the phone to turn on flashlight. But it could be a Pixel exclusive feature in Android 13. So....maybe with a Pixel Experience ROM...? :D

More info here:

Last edited:

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
I said this bottom, is on the upper side, doesnt work...

View attachment 5689787
Ah ok. I got confused, cause you said bottom, but I'm guessing you meant button.

Well...it works fine in my case. But I think you need to set up your default assistant app.

Go to Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Digital Assistant app > Default digital assistant app > select Google.

See if that works.

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Potential bug: the charging animation when phone is off...doesn't work. No charging level, and no charging activity (animation).

Also, the screen stays on during charging when phone is off. I'm not sure that's intended.
IMG_0630.jpg

And, I was just wondering, should we/can we have TurboCharge with this ROM?

When the phone is on, it does say "charging rapidly". Which I guess means we do have some sort of fast charging capabilities. But when the phone is off, there's nothing. This could be related to the issue above. But...just mentioning it in case it's not.

Last edited:

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Oh, one more thing. :)

The original software updater is still present in System > System Update. Which, if it's supposed to be working as an actual way to update this ROM, it would be absolutely amazing.

But...is it...? :D Is it gonna be used for future updates? Can it be used for that? If yes, then...awesome!

Screenshot_20220819-091135.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changelog Tue Aug 16 07:42:38 UTC 2022
    ============================

• Based on android-13.0.0_r2
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2022-08
    • Built with prebuilt kernel , dtbo , dtb & vendor from stock
    • Google apps included
    • Built with pixel goodies ( launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts & bootanimation)
    • Selinux enforced
    • Safety net pass out of the box
    aosp-13.png

Android Open Source Project for Moto G60 & G40

About AOSP

Android is an open source operating system for mobile devices and a corresponding open source project led by Google. This site and the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) repository offer the information and source code needed to create custom variants of the Android OS, port devices and accessories to the Android platform, and ensure devices meet the compatibility requirements that keep the Android ecosystem a healthy and stable environment for millions of users.

As an open source project, Android's goal is to avoid any central point of failure in which one industry player can restrict or control the innovations of any other player. To that end, Android is a full, production-quality operating system for consumer products, complete with customizable source code that can be ported to nearly any device and public documentation that is available to everyone.

Just as you can contribute code to AOSP, you can also contribute to AOSP documentation—and we want your input! Android's flexibility and ever-changing codebase means this site needs your feedback to keep content fresh, accurate, and relevant to Android implementors. We encourage you to check the changelog for details on recent AOSP updates and to report bugs or offer suggestions using the Site Feedback at the bottom of every page.

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Sound
    vibration

Known issues ?
    You tell me

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * AOSP for source
    * Motorola for prebuilt kernel , dtbo , dtb & vendor
    * Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)

I need one help windows explorer does not showing the MTP what to do ? am stuck in Twrp couldn't able to move rom zip to phone storage

Potential bug: when trying to restore the backup from Google, it gets stuck in the "Just a few moments" screen.

Screenshot below.
    Screenshot_20220818-115355.png

Update:

If anyone else encounters this issue, it looks like the problem is...permissions.

If you get the Google Play services error, you need to change settings according.

Screenshot_20220818-121142.png

Basically this is what needs to be changed.

Screenshot_20220818-121156.png

Alternatively, you can simply go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Permissions, and allow permissions for Contacts, Phone and SMS.

After that, you can go back one step in the restore flow (in case it's stuck in loading) and try to restore again. This time, it should go through.
    Just because you we able to enjoy Android 12 and now Android 13 you are great sir thank you very muxh