• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[CLOSED][ROM][5.0.1][Official][BETA] EDGE - Advancing Performance

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Bugs

- Not Rooted (SuperSU flash required for Root Operation)
- Some System apps are generally busted (non critical)
- When recording video the stop button is grayed out
- I don't know, you tell me!

Last edited:
Reactions: mathieuj and anishz

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Download's are available, apologies for the delay! This is a very early build so prepare not to expect much just yet. More is being added every day though!

Last edited:

donny101

Sep 17, 2008
Chicago
so far so good...

But i already broke the camera app, actually it was the video recording, once i started the stop button is grayed out and non press able. if i press home and go back to camera app its stuck on black video screen.
Ill replicate it a will look for a work around to the best of my knowledge!

Will try to break some more :D

Edit: camcorder breaks when trying to refocus while recording (or taking a picture? i don't know what touching the screen does while recording).

Last edited:
Reactions: WEM97

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
3.2.1 .... Flashed

I'm heading to bed so I'll report in the morning.

Also an 'advanced boot menu' under developer options to boot into recovery would be sweet!
Thanks for being my guinea pig! Yeah, that's in the plans, still trying to stabilize AOSP Lollipop on here so once that's done, you'll see many more big changes.

booyou

Feb 15, 2009
Could you share a bit more information, like what makes this rom different then others? What features do you have planned?
For me screenshots are not necessary, because most 5.0 roms look alike.

RuneKeeper

Nov 4, 2014
About EDGE
The EDGE Project is dedicated to providing you a ROM with best in class performance that no other ROM can match and our no compromise policy will keep your battery lasting all day.
^This. Can you go in-depth and give us some specifics. I really really like this description but i'm not sure if the tweaks in this ROM is any better than other ROMS. all i'm searching for is a ROM with the best performance tweaks without draining battery.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

is LISTVIEW ANIMATION on your plans too? I know it's more on aesthetics as opposed to performance, but it's my favorite feature on MAHDI. So, if you could add that, then great! :D

Gonna try this ROM after this becomes more stable.