[CLOSED][ROM][5.0.1][Official][BETA] EDGE - Advancing Performance

Search This thread

magic.hand

Feb 8, 2012
@WEM97

I spared some of my time to try out this ROM and below are my feedbacks.

1. ROM is still very naked

2. Have to flash SuperSU (as stated in the OP)

3. Pressing power button will only give option to "Power Off", no reboot option, but then it's not really powering off. Once all backlights turned off, then pressing power button will bring you back to main screen

4. Not booting if flashed as secondary ROM.

Other than that I didn't see anything unusual that can lift this ROM better than the others.

Taking into account that this is still early build, I'm telling myself, there will be more to come in future.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ideas4ya

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
There are no current plans for multirom support as of this moment, but may be in the cards in the future. The Backlight on the keys is a known bug in lollipop in general, but I plan to look into that. Also reboot menu and more are in the plans so stay tuned. Like it was stated in the main thread. This is VERY early stages. I just finished getting AOSP working right so now once I sqaush a few more bugs I plan to move onto more aspects of the ROM.

primo14z

Nov 15, 2012
There are no current plans for multirom support as of this moment, but may be in the cards in the future. The Backlight on the keys is a known bug in lollipop in general, but I plan to look into that. Also reboot menu and more are in the plans so stay tuned. Like it was stated in the main thread. This is VERY early stages. I just finished getting AOSP working right so now once I sqaush a few more bugs I plan to move onto more aspects of the ROM.

Thank you for your work :)
i have tried it, works fine , but missed to many features so can't use it as a Daily :)
if you need a Tester i am available :)
cheers

donny101

Sep 17, 2008
St Louis
And I'm assuming this is a general lollipop but under 'buttons' (hardware buttons specifically) the launch camera option does absolutely nothing.

All is well so far, I had an MMS issue where it wasn't downloading group messeges but I think that my have been a Google messenger bug because it works fine in hangouts

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
I am adding back the feature request's tab since this is such an early build, I greatly appreciate all the feedback from everyone so far and I'd love to hear what you guys would like to see in this ROM! Remember, this ROM is more performance specific, but feel free to request any feature you'd like to see. Cheers!

primo14z

Nov 15, 2012
I am adding back the feature request's tab since this is such an early build, I greatly appreciate all the feedback from everyone so far and I'd love to hear what you guys would like to see in this ROM! Remember, this ROM is more performance specific, but feel free to request any feature you'd like to see. Cheers!

what features does it contain?
some simple ones would be nice to add :)
per say the "stock" one like in any standard AOSP or cm12

anishz

Nov 25, 2010
Mumbai
Thanks for this, now that CM has [email protected]#$d up the Indian OPO owners, i am looking for AOSP roms.
Right now on Omni rom 4.4.4. Tried a lot of other lollipop roms including CM12.
Will download this today, try and let you know.
Understand that this is very early build, so no expectations for features.

Edit: AFH is embarassingly slow for me here. 3 hrs to go!!

Last edited:

donny101

Sep 17, 2008
St Louis
Video in Chrome bug

Anybody using this Rom, how does this compare to cm12?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Its bare bones aosp right now so it does not have things like status bar tweaks and whatnot {yet}.
BUT! it is pretty stable I've been using it since release with no random reboots and the battery life is pretty good even without optimization. My daily use may not be as intensive as most though.

....on another note:

REPORT REPORT!

while in chrome videos tend to not load (or say cant run with current setup) on sites like Vimeo and Dailymotion.

i say tend because its hit or miss as if the video will load. maybe it has something to do with the camcorder bug?

anishz

Nov 25, 2010
Mumbai
Am using it since last night, same as above poster said its bare bones. Haven't experienced any issues yet. To be frank haven't used it much, but calls and messages work fine. Music is good too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Very much so! Just working on studies and other projects along side this. Don't worry, a new release is just aroind the corner ;)
    Bugs

- Not Rooted (SuperSU flash required for Root Operation)
    - Some System apps are generally busted (non critical)
    - When recording video the stop button is grayed out
    - I don't know, you tell me!
    Awesome ROM ! The best audio experience from the many ROM's I've tried..

Just one small bug.. During a call screen goes black and doesn't come back on until call is ended.. Can someone help?

I wouldn't suggest anyone using this ROM at this point as it's "very" outdated!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone