[CLOSED][ROM][6.x] LineageOS 13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Sep 25, 2017
Everything is working fine but sometimes there are glitches in screen means someparts of the screen coming and some comes lately !! But it works smooth and live display night mode is not working !
Using gtp3100 with lineage os official latest build

aliskerov

Sep 11, 2009
reboot does not help.) Does otg work in this firmware? I put all the updates, but it did not work anywhere.

bigwelly

Oct 21, 2012
Guys.... Loved the OS ROM, nice update from Kitkat. BUT, YOU GUYS FORGOT THE ADD A MICROPHONE CONTROL, IT IS ON -1 BY DEFAULT AND NOONE CAN HEAR MY CALLS OR VOICE MESSAGES!!!!

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
excuse my guys I've read all the wiki for the installation instructions but they are so much more complicated compared to what i did in the past to flash custom roms on my 5110... i used to just flash twrp via odin and then clean flash the rom zip, can't i do this way also for this los13? tia!

john99ap

Sep 17, 2016
excuse my guys I've read all the wiki for the installation instructions but they are so much more complicated compared to what i did in the past to flash custom roms on my 5110... i used to just flash twrp via odin and then clean flash the rom zip, can't i do this way also for this los13? tia!

Yes that's exactly what you need to do. Make sure you have the latest espresso-common twrp. Also, if you want gapps, download and flash the gapps zip after flashing the rom.

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Yes that's exactly what you need to do. Make sure you have the latest espresso-common twrp. Also, if you want gapps, download and flash the gapps zip after flashing the rom.
thanks sir, i did that and achieved in installing los13 ;) :eek:
but there must be something wrong here... system is terribly slow, even slower than stock touchwiz!?!? even for just entering in twrp took ages!

had full wiped and clean flashed of course, and also gave los all the time to settle (no media scanner running now etc). very strange.. maybe that's because of gapps? (flashed pico opengapps package) will try another clean flash without gapps and see if that's the culprit even if don't think so.. maybe just the tablet is too old for los13? :(

thanks again for now though! ;) :eek:

ps. steps i did coming from stock Samsung fw: flashed latest espresso common twrp via odin, immediately reboot to twrp, full wipe (system data cache dalvik, so all but storages) flashed latest los13 + su addon + pico open gapps)

rdragoni

Nov 20, 2017
This is (quite) an exact copy of a post I have wrote in Slim6 forum, sorry if it is against forum rules.
Reason is, the post is about both Slim6 and Lineage13... and I believe the "bug" behind the misbehavior is the same for the two roms.

GO Andi GO! Great job anyway!

--- original post --- https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74585539&postcount=671

P5110, TWRP 3.1.1.0
TWRP installed with terminal dd method
ROMS installed with TWRP

I have been looking for my next "queen of all roms" since a couple of days.
I was running CM12 before, but it was a bit slow and becoming more and more buggy (my 6yo daughter, who is the main user, has learnt to install/uninstall apps...)

I have tried:
- Lineage OS13 (nightly 20171119)
- SlimKat (9.12 unofficial 20171105)
- Slim6 (6.0.1 unofficial 20171117)

The three of them have issues with (my guess) gyroscope/compass/accelerometer sensors.
The screen rotation is not working or REALLY slow (like up to 10 seconds before actually rotating, and you need to keep it still)
Compass will never calibrate (my "testing app" is skymap, which detect/try to fix calibration on start)
Sensors testing app reports that gyro/accel are not present... (again, random results depending on the testing app)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 13.0
    [#MARSH]
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSLOS]

[#KANGERS]

[#WARRANTY]

[#INFOLOS]

[#DSOURCELOS]

Downloads:
    Please use latest espresso-common TWRP to flash this rom, you can find it here.
    (Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery!)

Official:
    espresso3g (boots on P3100 & P5100)
    espressowifi (boots on P3110, P3113, P5110 & P5113)

Unofficial (for testing):
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

Extras:
    su (arm)
    su removal (arm)

Support development
    [#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] LineageOS 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-01-29
    Last Updated 2017-05-14
    Reserved

In case someone likes to compile on his own:

You need to setup Linux first, good tutorial here:
    Ubuntu / Xubuntu:
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-prepare-ubuntu-14-04-lts-trusty-tahr-to-compile-android-roms/
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-setup-ubuntu-15-04-vivid-vervet-to-compile-android-roms/
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-set-up-ubuntu-15-10-wily-werewolf-to-compile-android-roms/
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-setup-ubuntu-16-04-lts-xenial-xerus-to-compile-android-roms/

Arch based Linux ready to go:
    - BBQLinux by @codeworkx http://bbqlinux.org/

Once you have synced CM source run the following in terminal:
    Code:
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    nano .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml
    Add the following to your local_manifest.xml:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_espressowifi" path="device/samsung/espressowifi" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_espresso3g" path="device/samsung/espresso3g" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10" path="kernel/samsung/espresso10" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_ti" path="vendor/ti" remote="github" revision="master" />
    </manifest>
    Save the file.
    Back in terminal:
    Code:
    repo sync
    . build/envsetup.sh
    breakfast espressowifi
    make bacon
    (you can replace espressowifi with espresso3g if you like to build for p3100/p5100)
    Adaptive storage works??
    Haven't added the fstab changes for it. Its on the todo list too. Think sometimes tomorrow i am able to upload a new build, else on monday.

There's a lot of really big work going on ATM:
    - common TWRP for all Tab2 variants (P31XX and P51XX will share same recovery).
    Only bad side will be, that older builds won't be flashable without manually editing the updater-script inside the rom.zip (all my builds from today and newer will be able to use it) - but older recoveries still can be used.

After that sometimes later (currently testing):
    - P3100 and P5100 will share same build
    - P311X and P511X will share same build
    This reduces build time by 50% and makes maintaining easier again.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
    LineageOS testbuilds up:
    - Clean flash required
    - some parts arent rebranded yet to LineageOS (e.g. SetupWizard)

Should we rename this thread and update it or generate a new thread?
    • Many thanks to @Ziyan for the new kernel! He did the main part of it! (We worked together on it for almost 9 months now - where is the time?!)

Time really flies! All those weekends spent with this kernel, fixing the mess created by Samsung, figuring their changes out... countless hours, which will probably never pay off. Nonetheless, it was a great experience :)

What to expect after this milestone? Well, our kernel is now a proper bringup based on TI's latest 3.0 branch. Part of the reason I decided to go on this unbelievably time-consuming route was to ease the bringup of new kernels in the future; I think my latest experiment pretty much sums up the success here - look at the attached picture :)