Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dondizy

Sep 8, 2017
Battery drain + heating

Thanks Andi for this beautiful piece.

I moved from Omni KitKat to LOS13.
My tablet now operates faster and makes me feel like I have 6GB of RAM cos app switching is great!

I recently noticed faster battery drain and heating close to the power button corner.
Is this normal?

M

mantalamo

Where to find GAPPS for LOS 13

I hope this thread is still active. Anyway, I am having FC for all my Google apps. Can anyone share me the compatible Gapps for LOS 13. I have P-3113 just in case that's important. Also when I installed this OS and check root access I also lost root. How do we root this OS? Can we apply one touch root?
I love the response of this OS kudos to the maker. Thanks

Last edited:

smart-t78

Jun 24, 2014
www.androidfilehost.com
I hope this thread is still active. Anyway, I am having FC for all my Google apps. Can anyone share me the compatible Gapps for LOS 13. I have P-3113 just in case that's important. Also when I installed this OS and check root access I also lost root. How do we root this OS? Can we apply one touch root?
read the first post;)

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Update your recovery like mentioned in first post.

And next time:
First post exist for a reason, I've not added it because I have so much time.

Reactions: noratroll
M

mantalamo

To Android-Andi

Just before you say to update my Recovery to TWRP. I did it before I flashed this rom!!! Your link to su addon is dead. Basically, this rom is not fully rooted. I searched everything and figure it out myself how to root it and install GApps. Best of luck!

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Obviously I did. Everytime I flash custom ROM I make sure that I will not make mistakes and brick my device.

Last edited by a moderator:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 13.0
    [#MARSH]
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSLOS]

[#KANGERS]

[#WARRANTY]

[#INFOLOS]

[#DSOURCELOS]

Downloads:
    Please use latest espresso-common TWRP to flash this rom, you can find it here.
    (Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery!)

Official:
    espresso3g (boots on P3100 & P5100)
    espressowifi (boots on P3110, P3113, P5110 & P5113)

Unofficial (for testing):
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

Extras:
    su (arm)
    su removal (arm)

Support development
    [#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] LineageOS 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-01-29
    Last Updated 2017-05-14
    Reserved

In case someone likes to compile on his own:

You need to setup Linux first, good tutorial here:
    Ubuntu / Xubuntu:
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-prepare-ubuntu-14-04-lts-trusty-tahr-to-compile-android-roms/
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-setup-ubuntu-15-04-vivid-vervet-to-compile-android-roms/
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-set-up-ubuntu-15-10-wily-werewolf-to-compile-android-roms/
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-setup-ubuntu-16-04-lts-xenial-xerus-to-compile-android-roms/

Arch based Linux ready to go:
    - BBQLinux by @codeworkx http://bbqlinux.org/

Once you have synced CM source run the following in terminal:
    Code:
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    nano .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml
    Add the following to your local_manifest.xml:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_espressowifi" path="device/samsung/espressowifi" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_espresso3g" path="device/samsung/espresso3g" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10" path="kernel/samsung/espresso10" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_ti" path="vendor/ti" remote="github" revision="master" />
    </manifest>
    Save the file.
    Back in terminal:
    Code:
    repo sync
    . build/envsetup.sh
    breakfast espressowifi
    make bacon
    (you can replace espressowifi with espresso3g if you like to build for p3100/p5100)
    Adaptive storage works??
    Haven't added the fstab changes for it. Its on the todo list too. Think sometimes tomorrow i am able to upload a new build, else on monday.

There's a lot of really big work going on ATM:
    - common TWRP for all Tab2 variants (P31XX and P51XX will share same recovery).
    Only bad side will be, that older builds won't be flashable without manually editing the updater-script inside the rom.zip (all my builds from today and newer will be able to use it) - but older recoveries still can be used.

After that sometimes later (currently testing):
    - P3100 and P5100 will share same build
    - P311X and P511X will share same build
    This reduces build time by 50% and makes maintaining easier again.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
    LineageOS testbuilds up:
    - Clean flash required
    - some parts arent rebranded yet to LineageOS (e.g. SetupWizard)

Should we rename this thread and update it or generate a new thread?
    • Many thanks to @Ziyan for the new kernel! He did the main part of it! (We worked together on it for almost 9 months now - where is the time?!)

Time really flies! All those weekends spent with this kernel, fixing the mess created by Samsung, figuring their changes out... countless hours, which will probably never pay off. Nonetheless, it was a great experience :)

What to expect after this milestone? Well, our kernel is now a proper bringup based on TI's latest 3.0 branch. Part of the reason I decided to go on this unbelievably time-consuming route was to ease the bringup of new kernels in the future; I think my latest experiment pretty much sums up the success here - look at the attached picture :)