[CLOSED][ROM][7.x][unified] LineageOS 14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Catfish78

Feb 14, 2018
Hello,

yesterday i've read in the Oreo thread for the Galaxy S2 phone, that it is possible to switch between standard Android and low Ram version. Just read here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...mod-low-ram-property-patcher-android-t3737373

I'm testing Andis version now in low-Ram configuration. Hoping it can be usefull for other users.

------

Edit: same as before, after a restart it could be that it is lagging. I've made a bugreport, which parts are interesting?

In recovery i found out that, after having lags, i can't format cache partition - it said it wasn't mounted. When i try to mount it manually, the path was on D: SD Card. After putting it back on C: formatting works, ant the tab 2 was ok again. I'll check this when the problem occurs again.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: ASHURiCAN

simonegalfano

Sep 7, 2014
marsala
Congratulations to those who cooked this ROM, it works great even if unofficial. But I noticed a small problem when I make a call with the active data network and also wi-fi. Let me explain better ... I happened that the call fell after a few seconds with the appearance of an error and the signal disappeared ... I restarted and then I removed the data connection and the call no longer fell. I then tried to make the call with active data network and wi-fi turned off, the call did not fall but the data connection was turned off by itself. Finally, and I think it depends on the same problem, I noticed that GSam battery detects excessive consumption by "mobile data" ... even greater than the kernel and the operating system. For the rest, the ROM is perfect considering the age of the tablet. Congratulations again for the job.

I just tried to make a call with the wi-fi enabled and the call drops after a few seconds

PsychoGame

May 18, 2012
Koudum
Hello everybody,

I'm just passing by here in my quest to update a Android tablet of a neighbour of mine, and see that you guys are experimenting with getting LineageOS 14.1 running smoothly on the Galaxy Tab 2.
First a small introduction of myself, my name is Jasper, I have been a LineageOS developer in the past for some time for eg. LG Optimus G and LG G2.
I see somebody is experimenting with the Low Ram option, this is definitely the way to go, seen the specs of this device.
How is it working out, need any assistance?
Also you could try make use of Zram. I've done that as well with LG G2, and even more modern devices (like Xiaomi Mi 5, which I own right now) make use of Zram by default.
Check: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/LineageOS/android_device_lge_g2-common/+/19288/
Of course Zram needs to be enabled in kernel build, and maybe for this kernel needs some updating too.

Greetings PsychoGame

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Hello everybody,

I'm just passing by here in my quest to update a Android tablet of a neighbour of mine, and see that you guys are experimenting with getting LineageOS 14.1 running smoothly on the Galaxy Tab 2.
First a small introduction of myself, my name is Jasper, I have been a LineageOS developer in the past for some time for eg. LG Optimus G and LG G2.
I see somebody is experimenting with the Low Ram option, this is definitely the way to go, seen the specs of this device.
How is it working out, need any assistance?
Also you could try make use of Zram. I've done that as well with LG G2, and even more modern devices (like Xiaomi Mi 5, which I own right now) make use of Zram by default.
Check: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/LineageOS/android_device_lge_g2-common/+/19288/
Of course Zram needs to be enabled in kernel build, and maybe for this kernel needs some updating too.

Greetings PsychoGame
https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/521b74726a35dc02350bd1c780765878dad07b52

https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/92ed322b6027f97218ab668fd7d23533c697b5fe

https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/5db37fea35083297a5eb3aaf2224c3efa7fa9477

https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/6f60fad0e9d7a0b9fa73e7fa7b8dc16aac178ccb

https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/204e378209cd107393a1983db33fcea6e03aa02f

https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/664041e381188f7e15f3b5b48ab816d2979425a5

dottxen0n

Sep 9, 2008
Trouble with SU

Hi @Android-Andi

First of all, thank you for your great work above this 'old' device.

I have a little question about the SU package for gaining root access on my tab.

I have installad the Lineage OS 14.1 with Gapps package 'micro' on my GTP3110 (wifionly).

When i try to install the SU package on posted on the first page of this thread (for the version 14.1, sure) i've a problem: after the download of the zip file, i copy that on my tab, then restart in recovery for flashing it.

In the recovery, after selecting the file, it start to flash and after a while a receive the following message:

Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: footer is wrong
E: signature verificaion failed
Installation aborted.

I've tryed many solutions without success (downloading new one, tryed different package etc..).

Can someone help me getting rid of that issue?

Thank you!

Hi ....
In the recovery, after selecting the file, it start to flash and after a while a receive the following message:

Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: footer is wrong
E: signature verificaion failed
Installation aborted.

I've tryed many solutions without success (downloading new one, tryed different package etc..).

Can someone help me getting rid of that issue?

Thank you!
Disable "signature verification" in settings of TWRP. As far as I rember the settings menu is on "advanced' page of TWRP.

Hi,

Thank you for your replay.

Actually i have the cyanogen recovery. I have ti install the others one you mentioned?

Sorry im not an expert!
Cyanogenmod recovery is very outdated and may cause problems. To quote the OP @Android-Andi :
Please use latest espresso-common TWRP to flash this rom, you can find it here.
(Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery).

Last edited:

dottxen0n

Sep 9, 2008
Cyanogenmod recovery is very outdated and may cause problems. To quote the OP @Android-Andi :
(Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery).
Hi,

Ok i resolved installing TWRP :) Thank you!

Any tips about some speed tweak? I've noticed a Little lag sometimes!

Bye

Dec 4, 2015
Florianópolis
Hi,

I tried this ROM and the AOSP and both are great!
Everything goes well until the first offline battery charge. After that, the tablet goes with lag, with the CPU always at 95%-100% all the time!
I tested a lot (with clean flash all the time) and it´s a real strange thing, but it´s happening on my Tab 2 - 7´´ with the Lineage and the AOSP ROM too (with Slimkat all goes well with offline charge, for example).
So, does anybody know how can I turn off (or change) the script that does the offline charge on this ROM?

Thank you in advance!

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Hi,

I tried this ROM and the AOSP and both are great!
Everything goes well until the first offline battery charge. After that, the tablet goes with lag, with the CPU always at 95%-100% all the time!
I tested a lot (with clean flash all the time) and it´s a real strange thing, but it´s happening on my Tab 2 - 7´´ with the Lineage and the AOSP ROM too (with Slimkat all goes well with offline charge, for example).
So, does anybody know how can I turn off (or change) the script that does the offline charge on this ROM?

Thank you in advance!
https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android/android_system_core/tree/aosp-7.1/healthd

Same source on other roms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1
    Android 7.x
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSLOS]

[#KANGERS]

[#WARRANTY]

[#INFOLOS]

Downloads:
    (Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery!)

Unofficial builds by me:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

Extras:
    su (arm)
    su removal (arm)

Important notes:
    Why does the initial boot take so long?!
    - I had to sacrifice dexpreopt because of wifi issues while it was enabled. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes. I also suggest to wait some minutes before running the SetupWizard if you use Gapps.

My RIL doesn't work, i don't get mobile data!
    Sorry guys, some of you tried to force me to release Nougat Roms (and here we are) even if i haven't solved known bugs like RIL issues. Source is open for everyone, feel free to fix it yourself.

Support development
    [#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-24
    Last Updated 2017-08-24
    Why should I? I don't have to request, I would only have to give the "go" which I don't. I am not focusing on N after the LineageOS 13 thread story.

I'd only add a device official if I would have enough time and fun on maintaining it. Since there's no device changes ATM there's no need to have an official build anyway.

That's just the thing, Andi. If you don't have the time and it's not fun for you, then take the time needed at your convience. I would rather wait the extra time for when you have time to work on it, and it still be fun for you to do. I never want to pressure anyone to do something or finalize or say 'its a go for release' until that person personally feels it's time. Remember, Andi does this USUALLY for his own reasons. He doesnt HAVE to do any of this, he chooses to do this in his spare time as a personal challenge of what can be done with tablets of the age of ours, seeing how far he can push the limits to keep them as current as he can. If I had more money to be able to, I would gladly contribute to the cause, but being on a fixed income with a disabled wife, it's tight here for me to do so, so I just keep watching for updates and information that is posted when he has time to do so, and I don't complain about it. Remember all the griping about cm13/LOS 13.. when will it be out, why cant we do this or that, when will this bug be fixed.. It causes more headaches, and tends to tick people off when you get demanding about things. Just post your issues you are having, along with a log file, and ask NICELY, if he could look into the issue (if it hasn't already been addressed), then be patient and perhaps he will get back to you about it. He owes us nothing, everyone. He CHOOSES to do this. And I personally thank Andi for all that he has done over these many years. I look forward to the day that the final comes out, but until then, I will keep quiet, post any issues I find so that it gives Andi feedback on what we, as the users of his works, find acting up, so that if and when he has time to investigate the issues, he has some reference material of what was observed and some logs to help identify the problem. Don't mean to preach to everyone, just want to make sure everyone just takes a moment to reflect on this and remember, Andi's human (oops, was I supposed to say that, Andi lol). Thanks again, Andi for everything you have helped contribute to this wonderful tablet of ours.

Greywolf
    I have a working version for espresso3g but I don't share because I will be out of Android and XDA soon, also it's only working with an ugly workaround. Private life changed and things are quite complicated...
    Reserved

Screenshots for screamer
    Camera fixed, builds uploaded. Haven't had time to test espresso3g myself but some blind try to fix RIL. You'll let me know if it works or still not.