[CLOSED][ROM][7.x][unified] LineageOS 14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rebgershon

Dec 13, 2011
I'm a novice at this rom upgrade stuff.
I have 2 P5110 tablets and firstly tried upgrading the stock roms to CM13 & gapps-600-base-20151114-1-signed but both units keep crashing and rebooting. I didn't want to completely wipe the old roms and loose data & apps so just overwrote existing roms.
Having failed with CM13 I saw this thread and have flashed 1 unit with Lineage 14.1 & open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro but on rebooting it seems stuck in a boot loop with the blue arc and circle moving right to left (doing this hours before turning off). I flashed using twrp-2.8.5.0-p5110 as the newer unified version wouldn't run and I couldn't find the .tar version only a .tar.md5 which I wasn't sure would flash with odin so I flashed the zip version using the older twrp. Perhaps this is the problem?

Perhaps you've already addressed this issue in a previous reply but I haven't had time to read every posting.
All suggestions eagerly awaited.

john99ap

Sep 17, 2016
I'm a novice at this rom upgrade stuff.
I have 2 P5110 tablets and firstly tried upgrading the stock roms to CM13 & gapps-600-base-20151114-1-signed but both units keep crashing and rebooting. I didn't want to completely wipe the old roms and loose data & apps so just overwrote existing roms.
Having failed with CM13 I saw this thread and have flashed 1 unit with Lineage 14.1 & open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro but on rebooting it seems stuck in a boot loop with the blue arc and circle moving right to left (doing this hours before turning off). I flashed using twrp-2.8.5.0-p5110 as the newer unified version wouldn't run and I couldn't find the .tar version only a .tar.md5 which I wasn't sure would flash with odin so I flashed the zip version using the older twrp. Perhaps this is the problem?

Perhaps you've already addressed this issue in a previous reply but I haven't had time to read every posting.
All suggestions eagerly awaited.
First of all, you should always do a clean flash when switching roms.
Second, Odin can flash .tar.md5 files.
Best you can do is install the latest unified twrp, then wipe system/data/cache/dalvik cache and install whatever rom you want.

Reactions: rebgershon

rebgershon

Dec 13, 2011
First of all, you should always do a clean flash when switching roms.
Second, Odin can flash .tar.md5 files.
Best you can do is install the latest unified twrp, then wipe system/data/cache/dalvik cache and install whatever rom you want.

Many thanks for your speedy reply.

I did try to flash the md5 file but there was no boot into recovery. When you say do a clean flash I presume you mean losing everything installed already?

d3vCr0w

May 28, 2018
Performance

Hi guys, how is the performance of this release compared to the previous one (13.0)?

BTW: Thanks to the dev, this is a great project and my Tablet is usable again because of it.

rebgershon

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for all the advice.
Both tablets working well again.
1 unit I was able to just update the other needed a complete wipe but I was able to restore all data as it was backed up.

Taranis

Aug 31, 2011
Poland
I use this tablet and some older version (4-8 months old; EDIT: probably 6.0) of this ROM and I'm getting a lot of slowdowns, especially when multitasking. Same slowness was on older builds too, I haven't tried the latest one (I have to modify a boot.img before installing).

I use it in my car, 1-4 times a week. I use 1 app in background (uses GPS to show nearby police) and Google Maps, sometimes music in the background (that are just 3 apps, but freezing as hell). And Google Maps are killing my tablet on this ROM. I have to wait like 20-30 seconds (staring at logo), then wait another 15 seconds to load a map. I know that this tablet is not new, but I wonder if I should switch to KitKat. Priority in my case is multitasking speed and performance. Actually the Google Maps are the worst. Like it was handled by CPU only. Sluggish and like 100% of CPU is used in the background.

What would you recommend me?
Going back to KitKat or update to newer build (staying on Marshmallow)? Not sure if KitKat still works with Google Maps, but a long time ago I remember it was a bit faster, but that might be due to older APKs...

Buying another tablet would be big issue, because I have it installed permanently.

PS: I don't have many apps, I reboot it regularly. I have 3G version.

Last edited:

pereiramw

May 21, 2014
Can I install espressowifi image on a espresso3g device?

Hello,

I have the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" 3G (espresso3g version), but I want to completely disable the SIM capabilities.
Is it possible to install the espressowifi image on a espresso3g device? Or it would cause any collateral effect on the tablet?

Thanks!

smart-t78

Jun 24, 2014
www.androidfilehost.com
Hello,

I have the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" 3G (espresso3g version), but I want to completely disable the SIM capabilities.
Is it possible to install the espressowifi image on a espresso3g device? Or it would cause any collateral effect on the tablet?

Thanks!
audio dont work if you install an espressowifi build on a espresso3g tab;)

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using XDA Labs

Reactions: ze7zez
Sep 25, 2014
support dropped?

Can someone explain me why p5110 support by LineageOS has been dropped? It is strange to see that this tab is perfectly supported by TWRP, but not by the main android rom...

https://eu.dl.twrp.me/p5110/

Would it be complicated to add this support?

Is there a way to download old archive of LineageOS for p5110?

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Can someone explain me why p5110 support by LineageOS has been dropped?

Would it be complicated to add this support?

Is there a way to download old archive of LineageOS for p5110?
Thanks to the community I haven't had much fun on nougat, that's why I've not looked further into remaining bugs and haven't applied for official builds and won't do.

Old official builds are gone completely, maybe someone has an old official build he/she can share with you if really needed. There's unofficial more up to date builds for Lineage11+13 on my androidfilehost account.

[email protected]

Mar 7, 2015
Andi .. Thank you very much for your work .. You are really a good programmer. Perhaps you will sometimes have the incentive to do something for this tablet. Good day to you

Sep 25, 2014

Ok, even TWRP is discontinued. I've been cheated by the fact that all version are available, it must have been discontinued recently. As a consequence, I did not noticed support was discontinued.

And when you talk about the community, which community are you talking about? TWRP? LineageOS? XDA?

Sorry for asking all these questions, I'm just trying to understand.

And by the way, thanks for all the good job you've done on this device.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

it must have been discontinued recently.

Last TWRP release is one year old. We can't say support discontinuation is recent...

Sep 25, 2014
TWRP not discontinued

Ok, thanks @ChuckMichael for showing me that support has not been discontinued, but only unified between similar devices.

In fact, TWRP is still available.

This makes it so bad that LOS is not available for this device. What could I do to re-enable this device? Is it hard and time-consuming to support a device?

Is it hard and time-consuming to support a device?
Yep it is time consuming and frustrating. And it is more than one man could do. You need a good team for doing that. You must test a lot of hard- and software, and even if you think everything is fine some people will tell you that something is not working and you are a fool, a loser and it is your culprit that they cannot use their devices... And (almost) nobody will thank you for your efforts and your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1
    Android 7.x
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSLOS]

[#KANGERS]

[#WARRANTY]

[#INFOLOS]

Downloads:
    Please use latest espresso-common TWRP to flash this rom, you can find it here.
    (Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery!)

Unofficial builds by me:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

Extras:
    su (arm)
    su removal (arm)

Important notes:
    Why does the initial boot take so long?!
    - I had to sacrifice dexpreopt because of wifi issues while it was enabled. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes. I also suggest to wait some minutes before running the SetupWizard if you use Gapps.

My RIL doesn't work, i don't get mobile data!
    Sorry guys, some of you tried to force me to release Nougat Roms (and here we are) even if i haven't solved known bugs like RIL issues. Source is open for everyone, feel free to fix it yourself.

Support development
    [#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-24
    Last Updated 2017-08-24
    Why should I? I don't have to request, I would only have to give the "go" which I don't. I am not focusing on N after the LineageOS 13 thread story.

I'd only add a device official if I would have enough time and fun on maintaining it. Since there's no device changes ATM there's no need to have an official build anyway.

That's just the thing, Andi. If you don't have the time and it's not fun for you, then take the time needed at your convience. I would rather wait the extra time for when you have time to work on it, and it still be fun for you to do. I never want to pressure anyone to do something or finalize or say 'its a go for release' until that person personally feels it's time. Remember, Andi does this USUALLY for his own reasons. He doesnt HAVE to do any of this, he chooses to do this in his spare time as a personal challenge of what can be done with tablets of the age of ours, seeing how far he can push the limits to keep them as current as he can. If I had more money to be able to, I would gladly contribute to the cause, but being on a fixed income with a disabled wife, it's tight here for me to do so, so I just keep watching for updates and information that is posted when he has time to do so, and I don't complain about it. Remember all the griping about cm13/LOS 13.. when will it be out, why cant we do this or that, when will this bug be fixed.. It causes more headaches, and tends to tick people off when you get demanding about things. Just post your issues you are having, along with a log file, and ask NICELY, if he could look into the issue (if it hasn't already been addressed), then be patient and perhaps he will get back to you about it. He owes us nothing, everyone. He CHOOSES to do this. And I personally thank Andi for all that he has done over these many years. I look forward to the day that the final comes out, but until then, I will keep quiet, post any issues I find so that it gives Andi feedback on what we, as the users of his works, find acting up, so that if and when he has time to investigate the issues, he has some reference material of what was observed and some logs to help identify the problem. Don't mean to preach to everyone, just want to make sure everyone just takes a moment to reflect on this and remember, Andi's human (oops, was I supposed to say that, Andi lol). Thanks again, Andi for everything you have helped contribute to this wonderful tablet of ours.

Greywolf
    I have a working version for espresso3g but I don't share because I will be out of Android and XDA soon, also it's only working with an ugly workaround. Private life changed and things are quite complicated...
    Reserved

Screenshots for screamer
    Camera fixed, builds uploaded. Haven't had time to test espresso3g myself but some blind try to fix RIL. You'll let me know if it works or still not.