[CLOSED][ROM][7.x][unified] LineageOS 14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bluesaka111

Mar 13, 2018
Google Pixel 2 XL
which device? GT-P5110?
that device can still run this awesome rom (minus the long neck first boot time and incomplete, lack of support, incomplete CM14 / LOS 14 themes on play store which cause system apps crash like flies).
Recovery support for all Tab 2 devices (Download the newest) http://andi34.github.io/recoveries_tab2.html

If you know how to use Samsung Odin, download the md5 extension file and you will be able to flash recovery directly using Odin.
If not, use the outdated recovery to flash the new recovery.

Sep 25, 2014
a team to support lineageos on Galaxy Tab 2

Is anyone interested to build a team so we can support LineageOS on Galaxy Tab 2?

It might be easier if we are more than one person alone...

Maybe @Android-Andi would change his mind if we are numerous enough...

dogukans3131

Feb 20, 2017
Istanbul
Redmi Note 8
Is anyone interested to build a team so we can support LineageOS on Galaxy Tab 2?

It might be easier if we are more than one person alone...

Maybe @Android-Andi would change his mind if we are numerous enough...

Andi was done too much thing for a device that released in 2012, so if Andi wants to rest, we can't blame him for it. I will work for Android P if I find time in college.

(Sorry for my bad English)

Last edited:
Thanks For All The Fish!

Ok, thanks @ChuckMichael for showing me that support has not been discontinued...

This makes it so bad that LOS is not available for this device...

You forgot to hit the Thanks :good: button on his TWRP not discontinued post. ;)

Why "so bad"? :confused:

I am very grateful for all the work that @Android-Andi did supporting our old devices all those years & he still maintains his site linked in post #1 which contains download links & excellent FAQ & how-to's & he is still active on XDA's forums but if he ever decides to move to a region with no internet access & near a nice fishing pond or salmon river that's fine with me.

On my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 espressowifi I am currently running Android-Andi's unofficial Lineage 13.0 [ROM][6.x] LineageOS 13.0 as I found the 14.1 too laggy after a couple of days (lineage-14.1_espressowifi-7.1.2-20180131-1818.zip) & it's so good to be able to use a cleaner & more recent Android 6.0.1 based LineageOS firmware compared to the last bloated stock Samsung 4.2.2 released in 2013 for that device.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00349

Help

Just tried all the nougat ROMs, found one major issue: battery. The CPU is always at 1008MHz. Thought it to be a issue due to android logging, disabled logging, no luck. Thought it to be a kernel issue, downgraded to an older, still no luck. Set CPU governor to powersave, device became ****ty. Downgraded to AICP 11.0 by @ixcj1, no problems on MM. Any suggestions?

Lightracer

May 28, 2016
Just tried all the nougat ROMs, found one major issue: battery. The CPU is always at 1008MHz. Thought it to be a issue due to android logging, disabled logging, no luck. Thought it to be a kernel issue, downgraded to an older, still no luck. Set CPU governor to powersave, device became ****ty. Downgraded to AICP 11.0 by @ixcj1, no problems on MM. Any suggestions?
You do realize that cpu the tablet is running is from 2012 right?

Sep 25, 2014
great thanks

You're right @curiousrom, I'm very grateful to @Android-Andi for all the good job he has done on Galaxy Tab 2 and other devices.

My point is just to say that's is a pity to let this device without any LineageOS rom update as it is known an old but good device, quite largely spread (and hence many users), the TWRP image is also available. I mean, there is everything we need, many prerequisite to make support of Galaxy Tab 2 not so hard. That's why I was looking for co-maintainers so that we can together still support this device.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I'd like to sum up what is the situation of the Galaxy Tab 2 (7" and 10").

• TWRP for p5110 (Galaxy Tab 2 10" Wifi) is discontinued but it has been continued as unified TWRP espressowifi. This espressowifi version of TWRP works on: p3110, p3113, p5110 and p5113.
  • LineageOS is no more available as an official build for Galaxy Tab 2, but there is some builds that has been made, up to recently, by @Android-Andi
  • this page from Android-Andi is proposing LineageOS 11, 13 and 14.1
  • @curiousrom preferred to stick to LineageOS 13 as he found LineageOS 14.1 too laggy

I personaly be willing to continue support LineageOS for Galaxy Tab. Eventually officially if possible. If anyone volunteer to join me in this task, please tell me!

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2014

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
As you are already providing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab, I was planning to add Galaxy Tab support for LineageOS 15. Do you think it is not reasonable?
Feel free, source is open. On Oreo a lot changed which doesn't make it easy to get it booting and in a working state. You can't get JellyBean driver and blobs to work forever. Old DDK. Kernel side there's a bunch of backports needed. And so on.

Nougat doesn't even work as it should (lot of lag, RIL needs a workaround because it's not properly fixed) I am not sure if it's the right way to jump on a more complicated base yet. But feel free.

To keep this thread for what it was made for: development related questions, answers and news for LineageOS14.1,
Lineage15 discussions don't need to be made here, feel free to open a thread in general section.

hollandais

Nov 13, 2012
Morsang sur Orge
As you are already providing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab, I was planning to add Galaxy Tab support for LineageOS 15. Do you think it is not reasonable?
Some of us already tried an os15 rom. OK, it works, but that's the only thing I can say. The tab became very, very laggy, unexpected reboots an not enough memory. So if the only thing you want is telling your friends that your old tab is charged with OS15, OK. But if you want to use also your tab as a daily tab, try another ROM. My experience, and I have some, is that the best ROM for our device is an Android 6. And I prefer RR 6.x.....

Envoyé de mon Galaxy Tab 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Hello,

it would be interesting how stable or unstable in hours your installation is, and which apps you have installed and in use. For my case, mainly firefox (or its pedant, waterfox), telekom mail, german wetteronline, both ebay apps, and some more.

The attached screenshot shows a normal case for my tab 2.

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_20180728_222612.jpg
    IMG_20180728_222612.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1,453
Last edited by a moderator:

Mighty

Some of us already tried an os15 rom. OK, it works, but that's the only thing I can say. The tab became very, very laggy, unexpected reboots an not enough memory. So if the only thing you want is telling your friends that your old tab is charged with OS15, OK. But if you want to use also your tab as a daily tab, try another ROM. My experience, and I have some, is that the best ROM for our device is an Android 6. And I prefer RR 6.x.....

Envoyé de mon Galaxy Tab 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Link for los 15!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1
    Android 7.x
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSLOS]

[#KANGERS]

[#WARRANTY]

[#INFOLOS]

Downloads:
    Please use latest espresso-common TWRP to flash this rom, you can find it here.
    (Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery!)

Unofficial builds by me:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

Extras:
    su (arm)
    su removal (arm)

Important notes:
    Why does the initial boot take so long?!
    - I had to sacrifice dexpreopt because of wifi issues while it was enabled. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes. I also suggest to wait some minutes before running the SetupWizard if you use Gapps.

My RIL doesn't work, i don't get mobile data!
    Sorry guys, some of you tried to force me to release Nougat Roms (and here we are) even if i haven't solved known bugs like RIL issues. Source is open for everyone, feel free to fix it yourself.

Support development
    [#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-24
    Last Updated 2017-08-24
    Why should I? I don't have to request, I would only have to give the "go" which I don't. I am not focusing on N after the LineageOS 13 thread story.

I'd only add a device official if I would have enough time and fun on maintaining it. Since there's no device changes ATM there's no need to have an official build anyway.

That's just the thing, Andi. If you don't have the time and it's not fun for you, then take the time needed at your convience. I would rather wait the extra time for when you have time to work on it, and it still be fun for you to do. I never want to pressure anyone to do something or finalize or say 'its a go for release' until that person personally feels it's time. Remember, Andi does this USUALLY for his own reasons. He doesnt HAVE to do any of this, he chooses to do this in his spare time as a personal challenge of what can be done with tablets of the age of ours, seeing how far he can push the limits to keep them as current as he can. If I had more money to be able to, I would gladly contribute to the cause, but being on a fixed income with a disabled wife, it's tight here for me to do so, so I just keep watching for updates and information that is posted when he has time to do so, and I don't complain about it. Remember all the griping about cm13/LOS 13.. when will it be out, why cant we do this or that, when will this bug be fixed.. It causes more headaches, and tends to tick people off when you get demanding about things. Just post your issues you are having, along with a log file, and ask NICELY, if he could look into the issue (if it hasn't already been addressed), then be patient and perhaps he will get back to you about it. He owes us nothing, everyone. He CHOOSES to do this. And I personally thank Andi for all that he has done over these many years. I look forward to the day that the final comes out, but until then, I will keep quiet, post any issues I find so that it gives Andi feedback on what we, as the users of his works, find acting up, so that if and when he has time to investigate the issues, he has some reference material of what was observed and some logs to help identify the problem. Don't mean to preach to everyone, just want to make sure everyone just takes a moment to reflect on this and remember, Andi's human (oops, was I supposed to say that, Andi lol). Thanks again, Andi for everything you have helped contribute to this wonderful tablet of ours.

Greywolf
    I have a working version for espresso3g but I don't share because I will be out of Android and XDA soon, also it's only working with an ugly workaround. Private life changed and things are quite complicated...
    Reserved

Screenshots for screamer
    Camera fixed, builds uploaded. Haven't had time to test espresso3g myself but some blind try to fix RIL. You'll let me know if it works or still not.