[CLOSED][ROM][9.0][raphael] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r46][2019/09/06]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Athanatos154

Jun 18, 2018
I have been having a hard time installing this ROM, mind I haven't tried another ROM on this phone.

After an almost catastrophic fail I reinstalled the global MIUI with the fastboot image found here and the phone was made available again with the MIUI

Then after searching the thread I found a post that had a semblance of a step by step guide and followed it
After flashing TWRP

step 6 : check if system, vendor and firmware partitions are mounted under the 'mount' option before flashing DM verity zip.
step 7 : now flash the DM verity encryption zip
step 8 : go to wipe and format data, after formating data go to reboot settings and slelect reboot to recovery.
step 9 : now wipe system, data, cache, vendor, dalvik...then flash the needed firmware.
step 10 : flash the pixel experience rom..

On step 6 I guess I needed the file Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrpt.zip which I flashed after checking the mount options.
I wiped the partitions mentioned and installed the firmware for global, the filename was fw_raphael_miui_RAPHAELGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFKMIXM_7b25321468_10.0.zip which I downloaded here

Then I flashed the PExp rom which resulted in a fastboot screen.

What Am I doing wrong?
Is there some other thread with general instructions?

Bristow Xavier

Jan 14, 2016
Kochi
Redmi K20 Pro
I have been having a hard time installing this ROM, mind I haven't tried another ROM on this phone.

After an almost catastrophic fail I reinstalled the global MIUI with the fastboot image found here and the phone was made available again with the MIUI

Then after searching the thread I found a post that had a semblance of a step by step guide and followed it
After flashing TWRP

On step 6 I guess I needed the file Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrpt.zip which I flashed after checking the mount options.
I wiped the partitions mentioned and installed the firmware for global, the filename was fw_raphael_miui_RAPHAELGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFKMIXM_7b25321468_10.0.zip which I downloaded here

Then I flashed the PExp rom which resulted in a fastboot screen.

What Am I doing wrong?
Is there some other thread with general instructions?
just follow these...

1 : wipe everything except internal storage.
2 : flash the vendor firmware.
3 : then the rom
4 : disable force encryption file.
5 : reboot

if reboot didn't make it to boot...boot into twrp, then format data then reboot...done...:cowboy:

most importantly , make sure you're using the correct twrp.

Last edited:

Athanatos154

Jun 18, 2018
just follow these...

1 : wipe everything except internal storage.
2 : flash the vendor firmware.
3 : then the rom
4 : disable force encryption file.
5 : reboot

if reboot didn't make it to boot...boot into twrp, then format data then reboot...done...:cowboy:

most importantly , make sure you're using the correct twrp.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the latest TWRP from the thread here.

I tried your steps and again it ended in fastboot. Formatted Data reboot and again fastboot.

Does the firmware need to be exact to the phone I'm using? By default mine was Global.

Is the vendor firmware supposed to be about 100MB or about 700MB?
Cause mine is 100MB, it may not be the file I'm supposed to be using.

sceryavuz

Apr 10, 2014
Ankara
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the latest TWRP from the thread here.

I tried your steps and again it ended in fastboot. Formatted Data reboot and again fastboot.

Does the firmware need to be exact to the phone I'm using? By default mine was Global.

Is the vendor firmware supposed to be about 100MB or about 700MB?
Cause mine is 100MB, it may not be the file I'm supposed to be using.

You have firmware not vendor. Vendor is about 700mb.

Download here : https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Download Android 10 version here :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Does anyone have the link for the android 9 rom?
please

Here it is :fingers-crossed:

Athanatos154

Jun 18, 2018
You have firmware not vendor. Vendor is about 700mb.

Download here : https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/

I tried with the global vendor here and got an error, I don't recall the exact words but I saw that I can skip it by deleting the compatibility file in the archive.
I did, the vendor file flashed with no errors, then the PE rom, then DM verity encryption zip but again in the end it took me to fastboot. I formatted data and again fastboot.

Do I have to use the Chinese vendor? It seems absurd to me if that's it cause mine was supposed to be global.

-EDIT-
I downloaded the file here
Download Android 10 version here

And I noticed it didn't have the compatibility file in there.
I will try with this vendor file later and report back.

Last edited:

knigflight

Jul 1, 2019
Redmi K20 Pro
I tried with the global vendor here and got an error, I don't recall the exact words but I saw that I can skip it by deleting the compatibility file in the archive.
I did, the vendor file flashed with no errors, then the PE rom, then DM verity encryption zip but again in the end it took me to fastboot. I formatted data and again fastboot.

Do I have to use the Chinese vendor? It seems absurd to me if that's it cause mine was supposed to be global.

-EDIT-

Maybe you're flashing an Android 10 vendor instead of an Android 9 one

Dezzmond99

Oct 12, 2016
Hat yai
Xiaomi Mi 3
Xiaomi Mi 4

-EDIT-

Try this:

• Flash the latest MIUI Pie(9.0) ROM (Global/Indian) through fastboot (Mi Flash) and boot it once and set up.
  • Install Latest Orangefox recovery and boot into recovery
  • Wipe everything except vendor and internal storage
  • Flash only PE ROM, don't flash DM verity and dont reboot yet.
  • Format data partition(type YES) from manage partitions
  • Reboot to system

sceryavuz

Apr 10, 2014
Ankara
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

-EDIT-

I installed yesterday without no problem, this rom is perfect.

Use this vendor : fw-vendor_raphael_miui_RAPHAEL_V10.3.17.0.PFKCNXM_ccf13bbd55_9.0
Use this rom : PixelExperience_Plus_raphael-9.0-20190906-1038-OFFICIAL

1-Open OrangeFox recovery
2-Wipe all except system and vendor (need to reboot)
3-Reboot to Recovery again
4-Manage partitions, Data, Format Data
5-Flash vendor
6-Flash Rom
7-Flash Magisk
8-In Magisk, use SafetyNet Patcher to Pass cts and safety
9-Download Anx Camera 139 and flash in magisk
10-Download Raphael Cust Lib and flash in magisk

All done.. :fingers-crossed:

Senliast

Dec 31, 2014
Hi. Does G Pay, fingerprint works well? How about game performance? Is camera more bad as in MIUI ROM?

stainless88

Oct 13, 2018
how's the pe10??

Advantages??

Pe9 will be more stable compared to pe10 untill an official pe10 comes up..

I dont have face unlock. Only problem is gcam, if I video with selfie cam i cant get the camera to go back down. Battery life is alright but miui was better. besides that its great real smooth games work, haven't had any other issues.

Athanatos154

Jun 18, 2018
Turns out I was using a vendor image for android 10 and the rom needed a vendor image for android 9 as suggested by Hossainkh
I used TWRP, wiped all except system and vend formatted data flashed vendor and the rom and it worked

Thanks for all your help.

Athanatos154

Jun 18, 2018
I am experiencing a bug with the selfie camera.
It's not quite a deal breaker but it's weird. When I am at selfie cam mode and the selfie cam is already out, if I swipe to a different mode, but still in selfie mode, it sounds like the mechanism for the selfie cam is activated and trying to push it outside again even though it is already out.

Is this the better place to report bugs or is there some other platform that can reach the devs more directly?

I used the latest android 9 vendor available on xiaomifirmwareupdater Global_V10.3.3.0.PFKMIXM_67fb825970_9.0 and the latest pixel experience available for android 9 PixelExperience_Plus_raphael-9.0-20190906-1038-OFFICIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience Pie, ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
    jhenrique09
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-09-06
    Last Updated 2019-09-06
    So the first official version is up.
    Pie chinese vendor is recommended

https://download.pixelexperience.org/raphael

As some guys already know, i don't own the device, and fixing bugs without devices in hands is a hard thing. So please if you like my work, and want a improved version of PE and device-side improvements, consider donating. http://bit.ly/jhenrique09_paypal

Thanks to @TingyiChen and @UtsavTheGreat for the initial trees.
    I have the unofficial PE Plus version installed. Can I dirty flash the official version without wiping data?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

As some guys already know, i don't own the device, and fixing bugs without devices in hands is a hard thing. So please if you like my work, and want a improved version of PE and device-side improvements, consider donating. http://bit.ly/jhenrique09_paypal

Thanks for the official build! Donated $30.
    Donated 10 USD. Hope that helps.
    Transaction 53P54768CH540170W.