[CLOSED][ROM][Android 11][OP7t] crDroid v7.12 [14 November 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

0verd0sed

Apr 30, 2013
Great ROM! Been using it for a few days now and I like it.

I do have crashes in bluetooth connection though, I hope you are aware and planning to fix it, it happens frequently unfortunately...

Thank you!

time: 1634555201110 msg: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=31; index=31 stacktrace: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=31; index=31 at com.android.bluetooth.gatt.GattService.parseUuids(GattService.java:3532) at com.android.bluetooth.gatt.GattService.HandleScanResult(GattService.java:1114) at com.android.bluetooth.gatt.GattService$ScanResultHandler.handleMessage(GattService.java:1223) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223) at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:67)

mukesh22584

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 5T
New 14 November 2021 update available:

Changelog-:
- Initial crDroid 7.12 code base
- Updated to November 2021 security patches
- Updated kernel to Linux 4.14.255
- Updated blobs from OOS 11.0.4.1
- Removed moto dolby
- Removed FOD night-light
- Added back old color profile styles
- Updated kernel clang compiler to 13.0.3
- Improvements made to lmkd
- Added large grid workspaces to Launcher (6x10, 6x12, 6x7, 6x8, 6x9)
- Some other fixes here and there
- Updated translations

Downloads-:HERE
Flashing Instructions: HERE

BlackRovor

Mar 7, 2019
Thanks @mukesh22584 for keeping this project alive. I tried Android 12 earlier today and can definitely say thats hot garbage and I dont want to update to Android 12 ever again. This ROM has been my daily driver for almost a year and I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this.

I will happily install this Rom again.

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
I just got a new to me 7t. I am coming from a 5 that I also had CRdroid installed on. Unlike the 5, the 7t does not have a notification led. Does this rom have any way to indicate a missed notification, or does anyone know of an app that will serve that purpose without draining the battery significantly?

rogosteve

Dec 17, 2010
Toronto
Does this rom allow you to connect to Diagnostic Port? EX:
adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb

I need this to work so I can change some profiles to get volte/vowifi working with my carrier.

redlenses71

Sep 30, 2018
I just got a new to me 7t. I am coming from a 5 that I also had CRdroid installed on. Unlike the 5, the 7t does not have a notification led. Does this rom have any way to indicate a missed notification, or does anyone know of an app that will serve that purpose without draining the battery significantly?
I've been using an app called aodNotify for over a year. It works very well in my opinion. There are multiple versions in the Play Store depending on what device you have. There are some unlockable features for a few bucks that are worthwhile but even the basic version is solid. App has a lot of settings and light pattern customizations, works similar to edge lighting. App description also lists battery drain during different states. The OnePlus version works well on 7T, but since I have gone to custom ROMs in the last few months, the Play store no longer recognizes my device as a OnePlus regarding this app, but as a Pixel instead. No issue there, the pixel version will work, but I already paid for the OnePlus version. I had backups of the app using migrate, and restoring it that way works fine. Recently tried Android 12 Kraken Rom, OnePlus version did not function right and would Lock the screen for a minute or two during notification. Pixel version worked good on A12. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-190405177.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-190405177.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20211117-184703065.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-184703065.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 56

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
I've been using an app called aodNotify for over a year. It works very well in my opinion. There are multiple versions in the Play Store depending on what device you have. There are some unlockable features for a few bucks that are worthwhile but even the basic version is solid. App has a lot of settings and light pattern customizations, works similar to edge lighting. App description also lists battery drain during different states. The OnePlus version works well on 7T, but since I have gone to custom ROMs in the last few months, the Play store no longer recognizes my device as a OnePlus regarding this app, but as a Pixel instead. No issue there, the pixel version will work, but I already paid for the OnePlus version. I had backups of the app using migrate, and restoring it that way works fine. Recently tried Android 12 Kraken Rom, OnePlus version did not function right and would Lock the screen for a minute or two during notification. Pixel version worked good on A12. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the response. I tried that one already, and could never get it to work right.

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
Gotcha, not sure of any other apps that function to that extent. I never could get edge lighting to work on any roms for notifications, that's why I went to aod.
In case anyone else finds themselves needing a notification led replacement, I did final find an app that worked with this rom as expected. It is just an on-screen dot, no edge lighting. That was good enough for me. It's LED Blinker Notifications Lite AoD-Manage lights. $4 if you want to buy the pro version with all the extras, but there is a free/ad suppoted version which is good enough for pre-purchase testing (and maybe enough features for most people).

Last edited:
Reactions: SiViS

ywlke

Jul 24, 2013
Anyone know how which and how much gapps are included? Is it a OpenGapps nano, microg, MindTheGapps, etc

ywlke

Jul 24, 2013
I'm running into a very odd issue. I can register my fingerprints no problem, but it won't recognize them. If I try to register another fingerprint, it doesn't trigger if I use the first fingerprint suggesting it is actually recognizing it as one I've previously registered. But for some reason when it comes to actually unlocking something, it's not being recognized. Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: Did some more testing. Seems in logcat I'm getting a "GF_ERROR_NOT_LIVE_FINGER". If I don't let my finger cover the whole sensor area and use a smaller part it actually seems to work, but I guess if I use the full finger it thinks I'm presenting a fake? This wasn't an issue on OOS10/11 or LOS18.1.

Last edited:

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
I'm running into a very odd issue. I can register my fingerprints no problem, but it won't recognize them. If I try to register another fingerprint, it doesn't trigger if I use the first fingerprint suggesting it is actually recognizing it as one I've previously registered. But for some reason when it comes to actually unlocking something, it's not being recognized. Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: Did some more testing. Seems in logcat I'm getting a "GF_ERROR_NOT_LIVE_FINGER". If I don't let my finger cover the whole sensor area and use a smaller part it actually seems to work, but I guess if I use the full finger it thinks I'm presenting a fake? This wasn't an issue on OOS10/11 or LOS18.1.
Try latest crdroid 7.3 on sourceforge

ywlke

Jul 24, 2013
Try latest crdroid 7.3 on sourceforge
I only see up to 7.12 on SF, do you know where I can find it? Also, does it require a clean flash or can I "dirty" flash/update-in-place?

Over the course of the day it seems that it works when I use the lower edge of the FOD, as if the light might be misaligned with where the reader is.

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
I only see up to 7.12 on SF, do you know where I can find it? Also, does it require a clean flash or can I "dirty" flash/update-in-place?

Over the course of the day it seems that it works when I use the lower edge of the FOD, as if the light might be misaligned with where the reader is.

Needs openGapps 11, dirty is fine

ywlke

Jul 24, 2013

Needs openGapps 11, dirty is fine
Thanks! The fingerprint reader works great in the unofficial 7.13 but I lost OOS Camera and Gallery that were in the official 7.12 release :( Do you know how I can install those on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features: Get from HERE

Flashing Instructions: Check This Post

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel Source

Download:
    ROM: Click HERE
    Changelog: Click HERE
    GAPPS: Already included

crDroid Community Telegram.
    If you like my work, consider a donation: My PayPal
    New update available:

Changelog-:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.14.227
    - Enforcing Build (Safety passing without Magisk)
    - Removed Extra GBoard space
    - Update custom rounded corners
    - Fixed Faceunlock (No swipe up needed)
    - Built with Clang 12.0.4
    - Fixed off screen gesture
    - Adjust layout if FOD is present
    - Added Smart Pulldown
    - Added Fluid lockscreen clock
    - Added Oroño clock
    - Show memory usage in app info
    - Dialer: Dont change accent color for dark theme
    New 05 July 2021 update available:

Changelog & Downloads-:HERE

• This instruction is only for Windows user.
    • Linux user can execute commands manually.
    • Follow instruction properly.
    • Always take backup of your data before flashing
    New 13 September 2021 update available:

Changelog-:
    - Initial crDroid 7.10 code base
    - Updated to September 2021 security patches (android-11.0.0_r43)
    - Redesigned notification media player
    - Updated QCOM BT to latest CAF tag
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.14.246
    - Updated kernel compiler to clang 13.0.2
    - Updated blobs from OOS 11.0.3.1
    - Fixed SafetyNet (no need of any modules)
    - Fixed OTA auto-flashing with encrypted f2fs
    - Changed battery info update refresh rate to 2s on lockscreen
    - Changed autobrightness logic
    - Reworked color management and display mode
    - Selected custom font now applies system wide and also in apps (except for apps that hardcode the font used)
    - Updated libyuv and libvpx
    - Added ADB on/off toggle to game mode (some games check for adb status apprently)
    - Add toggle for 60Hz refresh rate on battery saver
    - Some more different changes to stability
    - Update OnePlus Gallery (Fixed slow loading images)
    - Updated FreeType to 2.11.0
    - Updated translations

Downloads-:HERE
    Update
    ===== 19 September, 2021 =====

- Fixed dual sim for T-Mobile
    - Added statusbar NFC icon
    - Added option to swipe down on recents view to clear all
    - Implement ALS compensation algorithm (for autobrightness)
    - Fixed some streaming apps to work properly
    - Updated translations