[CLOSED][ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13 For Moto X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015
Which version of GApps would be recommended with the ROM. I was thinking of downloading the stock one and removing some of the apps which I do not use from the zip file. Or I should just go with the micro package and later install the other apps according to my needs. (Is it harmful if I delete the apks from the stock zip file).
Thanks in advance

Install the Nano one, then when you need some app, just download it from play store, since almost every Google app is there too.

fathaahansar

Nov 29, 2015
Hyderabad
A few problems.

I have seen CM13 working quite smoothly on my Moto X. Here are a few issues I faced:
1. There seems to be some problem with the GPS, at least for me. When I enable navigation mode in maps, the movement is quite skippy and inaccurate.
2. The battery life, when on standby, is amazing. But there are some irregularities when the battery level gets under 15%. It seems to get down to 2-3% quite rapidly, and when I just leave my phone in standby, it crawled up to 9%. Is this some issue that was reported earlier, or am I the first one? IDK.

One doubt I had was, does xposed do harm to my battery life. I use quite a number of modules like android n-ify, assistant enabler, minminguard, gravitybox, screenoffanimation. Does this have something to do with the issues I'm facing?

WOrld1

Apr 10, 2016
Which version of GApps would be recommended with the ROM. I was thinking of downloading the stock one and removing some of the apps which I do not use from the zip file. Or I should just go with the micro package and later install the other apps according to my needs. (Is it harmful if I delete the apks from the stock zip file).
Thanks in advance

I suggest to select your preferred one, there's some app yo delete system app if you don't like (if you use stock or similar). Or just use micro/Pico which is very basic.

cfok

Dec 21, 2016
Sigh....
Motorola's site says my bootloader cant be unlocked.

So is that it? I'm stuck with stock 5.1 forever?
Can I at least get root on my device?
If I get another XT1058 off ebay, how will I know that the bootloader will be unlockable?

Last edited:

csmall

May 1, 2008
NY
It sucks that cyanogenmod is dead now. No more nightlies :(

Hopefully the fork happens quickly and it will get back to basics.

Not sure what that means for this ROM going forward.

csmall

May 1, 2008
NY
Are the older nightlies posted anywhere? Like from October through present?

I want some of the older builds.

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

I was able to encrypt with nightlies from the end of October and I to November but now none work.

whatsaniphone

Jun 9, 2016
Payment services?

Now, obviously I'm not expecting Android Pay to work given that Google does a pretty decent job at detecting custom ROMs. But I'm wondering if this Rom works with ANY payment services? I have NFC enabled, but the tap & pay option under Payment Services ain't showing up. I was hoping to try out my bank's app to see if it would work, but the option isn't even there. :(

WOrld1

Apr 10, 2016

After CM shutdown, some redditor are archiving lot of cm build for future. Check (IIRC because I was never there) r/datahoarder probably a new post also there's one about it on r/Android

sharukins

Jun 15, 2011
After CM shutdown, some redditor are archiving lot of cm build for future. Check (IIRC because I was never there) r/datahoarder probably a new post also there's one about it on r/Android

the whole CM source code has been forked to lineage OS by the former CM community here: https://github.com/lineageos
they also already have a preliminary homepage under http://lineageos.org

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Does it have VoLTE support? I read somewhere that CM13 does. Do correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you

VoLTE needs support in the radio firmware of the specific device. For ghost such a radio firmware does not exist as far as I know.

Last edited:

K@m¡k@zE_S¡D

Mar 23, 2012
Bangalore
I installed the rom yesterday. Pretty stable and mostly everything is working fine. Only issue I found is that the step tracker is no longer working. It's not counting any steps I take on Google fit. I also observed while using GPS status app, it's not getting a GPS lock. Keeps saying looking for GPS. Please help fix this. Thank you.

Edit:
I did this and GPS is working as of now.
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

Though I'm not sure about the step counter.

Last edited:

KingJeff20

Dec 18, 2016
The only issue in this ROM I have is SCREEN CAST doesn't work
I have the installed the latest build and have updated Gapps

It is not the only problem (unfortunately). In my phone the speaker is not working now :(:(:( I found out this problem afier I have tested it (CM 13) during the last Christmas weekend.

What happens there? Can be this problem solved?

K@m¡k@zE_S¡D

Mar 23, 2012
Bangalore
Found one issue. In display settings there's an option to turn on notification light.
I have turned it on but it doesn't work as its supposed to.
If a notification arrives the light never turns on.
Only if the phone's charging does it turn on, but it does not act like it's supposed to. Like I've set it to short pulse length and slow speed. But I've seen that it just stays on at all times, until I've seen the notification.
Any way to fix this. I really was impressed by the green LED under the speaker and it'll be great if it functions as it is supposed to.
Thanks in advance

BananaPrime

Nov 4, 2016
Found one issue. In display settings there's an option to turn on notification light.
I have turned it on but it doesn't work as its supposed to.
If a notification arrives the light never turns on.
Only if the phone's charging does it turn on, but it does not act like it's supposed to. Like I've set it to short pulse length and slow speed. But I've seen that it just stays on at all times, until I've seen the notification.
Any way to fix this. I really was impressed by the green LED under the speaker and it'll be great if it functions as it is supposed to.
Thanks in advance

The green led doesn't work as a notification light, only turns on when charging the phone.

So far no custom rom was able to turn this LED into a notification light

senseii

Jul 7, 2010
HTC Desire
Moto X
For me it doesn't turn on when I'm charging the phone, instead it turns on when phone is in charge and I get a notification.
Like I mean it doesn't stay on all the time when it's on charge.
I'm getting the same thing. Led turns on only when a notification arrives but only while phone is plugged in. Shame it doesn't turn on when the phone isn't plugged. Guess we'll have to check out Lineage OS :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

First of all i wanna thanks @intervigil aka Ethan Chen who is currently developing cm13 for our ghost and side by side i am also contributing to CM ...so all should be thankful to him :D

When coming from any other ROM, you must do a factory reset / clean flash.

The first boot can take a very long time. Don't assume that it is a bad flash, boot loop, etc. until it has sat for at least 5 minutes.

Links

ROM: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ghost
    GAPPS: opengapps.org
    PROTIP: Be sure to flash gapps at the same time you flash the rom. If you boot into cm-13.0 without gapps and attempt to flash them later, you're going to have a bad time

Working Stuff
    SIM
    Phone Calls
    Text Messaging
    Mobile Data
    Sensors
    WLAN
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    USB / USB-OTG
    Doze mode
    NFC
    Tethering

Known Issues
    2G/3G Switch
    Video Recording
    Flashlight Turns off after few seconds [WIP]
    Screencast Doesnt record screen [ Need Updated Media Codecs] [WIP]
    At 0% while Charging The Screen gets stuck at bootlogo
    Crazy/Inverted Colour While Playing Video Through Instagram

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13 For Moto X [12/2/16], ROM for the Moto X

Contributors
    Megatron007 , intervigil , @zwliew
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_motorola_ghost

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-02-12
    Last Updated 2016-02-12
    HELLO , I am back :p

Here is the new build , cm-13.0-20160906-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip

In this build Screencast/Snapchat Encoder has been fixed and torch is also been fixed (not cm11 app) Thanks to @intervigil and @Flyhalf205 Enjoy :)

Now CM13 is almost stable I can say :)

Now you guys must having when will cm14 arrived , it will be soon i have already started working on it and is stuck at some mount problems while booting you guys will able to enjoy nougat soon :)
    New Build cm-13.0-20160322-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip

-Time reset has been fixed after reboot ,
    -While charging at 0% stucked at bootlogo has been fixed
    -Drop from 15 to 5% has been fixed
    -Rotation Fixed

-Many upstream changes from CM
    Update [16/2/16]

New Build , cm-13.0-20160216-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip

Changelogs -

Fixed Video Recording Bug With Snapdragon Camera
    Inverted /Crazy Video Has been fixed due to updated media codecs by @zwliew and @TeamMex
    Sync With latest Cyanogenmod 13
    Included all device specific patches which merged in device tree

Enjoy :)
    Thanks to all my tester - Adriano Martins , Atharva Lele , Yacob , Amar Krishna And Many More :D :)