Development [CLOSED][ROM][OOSCAM][OFFICIAL][OnePlus 9][12.1.0_r22]Nameless AOSP[2022/08/31]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
It's not perfect (which is why most ROMs don't recommend it anymore), but for those on global/NA who don't have a full c.62 ROM zip to flash twice, the Copy Partitions zip still works to get C.62 in both slots. MSM to stock. use OTAs to get to C.62, then follow normal method to install lineage recovery. Just flash the copy partitions zip, format/factory reset, reboot recovery, and then flash nameless as normal.

For those who need the zip, you can get it here

i am on c62 via incremental now and rooted, but dont have the OTA zip itself to get magisk up viia boot.img or perform the nameless update.

does anyone have c62. zip?!

Last edited:

reffu

Feb 11, 2008
OnePlus 9
With Copy Partitions, you don't need the full zip. As long as your bootloader is unlocked, you can boot to fastboot to install a cusom recovery, then use copy partitions (and flash nameless). Magisk can be installed after you've booted nameless once by sideloading the apk in recovery.

Reactions: Vmo x

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
well seeing as a
With Copy Partitions, you don't need the full zip. As long as your bootloader is unlocked, you can boot to fastboot to install a cusom recovery, then use copy partitions (and flash nameless). Magisk can be installed after you've booted nameless once by sideloading the apk in recovery.
i was on c62 and my phone wouldnt even boot into lineage recovery. Attempting so just put my phone into a fastboot lock.

im MSMing my phone again.

i couldnt even get magisk up because i was on c62 and had no bot.img to extract from. i opened oxygen updater and it "your up to date" and woundt even allow me to redownload the file.

im going to get on c62 again and try to root with the boot.img from the latest namnessless.zip file from sourceforge , sieeing as that boot.img is based on it.

edit: now im hearing theres a black screen bug with OP9 devices. i dont have all the details but i fear my phone isnt playing nice after simple recovery attempts due to it. Correlation isnt causation but, just another wrinkle in this mess that is the OnePlus 9 ROM scene. (all, well, i still love it)

Last edited:

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
cant i just extract all the images i need from the latest nameless zip using fastboot enhance and flash those in fastboot using flash slot=all ?

reffu

Feb 11, 2008
OnePlus 9
cant i just extract all the images i need from the latest nameless zip using fastboot enhance and flash those in fastboot using flash slot=all ?
You still need the underlying C.62 firmware in both slots before doing that. The nameless zip does not include those parts and they need to be installed first before installing nameless.

Also, Lineage recovery usually works fine as long as you make sure to flash dtbo and vendor_boot before flashing boot.img

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
You still need the underlying C.62 firmware in both slots before doing that. The nameless zip does not include those parts and they need to be installed first before installing nameless.

Also, Lineage recovery usually works fine as long as you make sure to flash dtbo and vendor_boot before flashing boot.img
yeah bud, i flashed all 3. so they require c62 but dont supply the zip or incorporate it in the release itself.

someone PMed me and suggest pixel experience, as they converted to that off nameless today to that. I guess I am joining them over there.

thanks for the assistance, regaurdless

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9

reffu

Feb 11, 2008
OnePlus 9
Nope, I just used MSM to go back to stock, then ran the OOS OTAs (run update, reboot, run update again, etc...) until I was on c.62, then unlocked bootloader, rebooted to fastboot and flashed dtbo, vendor_boot, and boot.img from lineage. Then I just sideloaded copy_partitions, rebooted to recovery, and installed nameless.

You should also format/reset after copy_partitions and again after installing nameless, to be safe.

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
Nope, I just used MSM to go back to stock, then ran the OOS OTAs (run update, reboot, run update again, etc...) until I was on c.62, then unlocked bootloader, rebooted to fastboot and flashed dtbo, vendor_boot, and boot.img from lineage. Then I just sideloaded copy_partitions, rebooted to recovery, and installed nameless.

You should also format/reset after copy_partitions and again after installing nameless, to be safe.
Alright. Again, i really appreciate your help. so i can just get the latest linage zip, extract the 3 image files from them? (edit, the comment after this addresses your previous comment with an exact date. now I'm just curious if that info is still applicable)

Would those files then allow me to boot into linage recovery right from the phone via "boot to recovery" or would i need to then also utilize the separate recovery image?

im just trying to mirror you because im pretty much at that point and on slot A as to B. i got the procedure down, i just want the proper 3 image files to flash and copy how you entered recovery to a T to avoid mishaps. im worried my OP6 ROM info and 9 info are getting my procedures out of wack and part of my issue.

Thanks again. After this, i should be good to go.

the person who pmed me about leaving nameless , while helpful, seemed more angry about nameless then being in my similar situation (if you're ready thing, sorry dude, just my feeling, if im wrong, please comment and im sure the nameless maintainer will talk to you!) and, long story short, i don't want to leave lol.

Sorry to repeat myself, but again, thank you for being so patient with my remedial ass.

Last edited:

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
For those attempting to install, make sure to use the dtbo and vendor_boot from 20220807 and not 20220814 or you'll get an error like "Denying OTA because it's an SPL downgrade".

Looks like the 220814 dtbo and vendor_boot from lineage came out about 10 minutes after nameless so is newer.
is this information still applicable? just grab 20220807 zip and use their dtbo, vendor and vendor boot? i didnt see this comment prior and used the latest and probably part of my issue.

Diaze

Jun 8, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
by far the best rom for op9 out there.
0bugs and oos11 level of smoothness. also is the only rom where twitter runs eprfectly smooth. all i tried till now have micro lags or jitter.
good job dev.

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
Yup, you have to use the 20220807 zip, the latest is newer and the recovery won't let you downgrade (gives you an SPL downgrade error)
i am copying partitions now. damn, i wish i noticed your heads up warning prior, probably would have avoid so many issues. thank you again so much, getting nameless going now. you are amazing.

Last edited:

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
Up and running. Had a little scare on the profile restore, maybe due to restoring my migrate backup before hand, but regardless, everything is up and running perfectly and debloated without a hitch.

Thanks again reffu and thanks to the devs

So happy I stuck with my gut and just waited until I knew exactly what the hold up was instead of being convinced to switch. Best ROM on the scene.

Reactions: reffu

mirko8054

Mar 21, 2014
Roma
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 9
I have installed Nameless A12 on OP9 recently, but i do not like the Google Camera, at all, what is everyone using? I heard there are mods for Op9 for better performances

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
yeah bud, i flashed all 3. so they require c62 but dont supply the zip or incorporate it in the release itself.

someone PMed me and suggest pixel experience, as they converted to that off nameless today to that. I guess I am joining them over there.

thanks for the assistance, regaurdless
You can't include the underlying firmware. You need the correct OOS base in order for the rom to flash over

Vmo x

Sep 16, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's not perfect (which is why most ROMs don't recommend it anymore), but for those on global/NA who don't have a full c.62 ROM zip to flash twice, the Copy Partitions zip still works to get C.62 in both slots. MSM to stock. use OTAs to get to C.62, then follow normal method to install lineage recovery. Just flash the copy partitions zip, format/factory reset, reboot recovery, and then flash nameless as normal.

For those who need the zip, you can get it here
Yes this method works 100%, very easy to do this way.

marcelobra1

Aug 18, 2022
Good night, how are you? i updated my oneplus 9 to nameless os version 12.1-20220708-1243-Official based on oxygenos version c48. the oxygen c61 or c62 I don't remember, how should I proceed to update nameless to the latest version? I don't understand can someone help me? grateful my friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

tuckandroll

marcelobra1

Nameless will require at least C62 (C63 is confirmed working and maintainer stated as much. The important part is the lineage image you use.) in both slots. Since c62(or higher) is only available via a incremental update, its not flashed like other images. So you will use a copy script once you are back on OOS, updated and unlocked.

Since i tagged two of you, I may go over more than you need to be told or applicable to, just read and follow whatever part you need help with.

Backup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do a backup with your choice. google alone or a 3rd party offering, if you have more apps than what google offers in the play store(f-droid, etc)
    I like migrate.(https://play.google.com/store/search?q=migrate&c=apps) it's a pretty simple process, just follow the prompts. If you use google at all to login, just backup the apps, not adb state, font size, contact, you know the drill.

This will still not backup your files! (pictures/music/downloads) I have no faith in full backup solutions in this stage of android. your best to cloud or copy them out manually.

Get back on OOS/get needed files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Use MSMToolkit first to get back to OOS. Start this first and work on getting everything else prepped while you wait between MSM/OOS updates. Update it until it can't be updated anymore.​
    • Unlock the bootloader and let it wipe and get back in, so you can enable adb again.​
    • Download this exact lineage image to extract its dtbo.img, boot.img and vendor_boot.img https://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/lineageos/full/lemonade/20220807/
    • *Caution* I have uploaded the 3 img files and copy-partitons.zip to mega.nz if you need. I do not suggest you use them as you are taking yourself out of the process of verification and thus, if something goes wrong, you have no idea if any of these were the cause or not. That being said, if you don't care. all 4 files are right here
    • the easiest way to extract images on windows is to use fastboot enhance (github / XDA Thread)​
      • in fastboot enhance, it's as simple as clicking the payload dumper tab,​
      • clicking browse, select the lineage file you downloaded and once loaded​
      • select the Partitions tab below the original tabs.​
      • While holding down ctrl on your keyboard, click boot, dtbo and vendor_boot, to highlight all 3 at once. click extract.​
      • Put the 3 files where your fastboot latest Namless image zip is.​
    • Download this copy of partitions zip. Put it in your fastboot folder​
    • Grab the latest magisk.apk if you plan on rooting and rename it from .apk to .zip​
    • and of course the latest Nameless image

Copy Partitions/Flash Nameless Time​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With everything you downloaded in your fastboot folder, type cmd in the top bar to quick open a command prompt with that location as its starting point. You should now be in cmd with your phone connected, fully updated and unlocked again (not root, just unlocked) with adb enabled again. Type
    adb reboot bootloader and check your phone, if it's not rebooting, make sure you granted adb access to your pc on the phone itself. you should be prompted once that is ran. Your phone should now be in fastboot. Now flash the 3 image files we got from lineage

fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash boot boot.im fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img

• boot into the lineage recovery by using the volume keys to change to "boot to recovery" and confirming with the power button or run the command below​
    fastboot reboot recovery

• To copy the current partition to the other. Select Apply Update and then Apply from ADB. Back in the command prompt, type​

adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip

• Make sure it initiates. Since its signature isn't verified, (i think?) you should have to click yes to force it via your phone.
    • Once complete, click the back arrow and select Advanced>Reboot to Recovery
    • factory reset/format data. Once complete, in the same recovery, back arrow to main menu and apply the Nameless Rom.​

adb sideload Nameless-AOSP_lemonade-12.1-20220825-1712-Official.zip

• Once this is complete, back arrow, advanced, Reboot to recovery again.​
    • You should notice the recovery is no longer branded with a lineage logo at the top, but with nameless's logo.​
    • Factory reset again.​
    • Reboot after factory if you aren't rooting, but If you want magisk, in the same recovery apply it and then reboot into your phone​

adb sideload Magisk-v25.2.zip

Thank you for joining my ted talk.
    New Build up!

Apologize for broken build, Anyway happy to share quick hotfix builds :)

Hotfix changelog:
    - Fixed crash in Face & Fingerprint unlock page
    - Fixed Instagram or other social media apps get signed out in every reboot

Device changelog:
    - Fixed Slow Charging (if anyone still face slow charging then do re-plug charging cable probably this will be happen when device temperature cross above 40°c)
    - Fixed OPlus Camera crashing in AI ultra clear mode
    - Fixed HDR and LOG submode in movie mode having random Green / Pink screen in recorded videos
    - Fixed Long Exposure mode not working for some users
    - Merged Linux stable 'v5.4.211' tag in kernel
    - Merged CodeLinaro OSS "LA.UM.9.14.r1-20200-LAHAINA.QSSI13.0" tag in kernel
    - Improved idle drain

tuckandroll

marcelobra1

Nameless will require C62 in both slots. Since c62 is only available via a incremental update, its not flashed like other images. So you will use a copy script once you are back on OOS, updated and unlocked.

Since i tagged two of you, I may go over more than you need to be told or applicable to, just read and follow whatever part you need help with.

Backup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do a backup with your choice. google alone or a 3rd party offering, if you have more apps than what google offers in the play store(f-droid, etc)
    I like migrate.(https://play.google.com/store/search?q=migrate&c=apps) it's a pretty simple process, just follow the prompts. If you use google at all to login, just backup the apps, not adb state, font size, contact, you know the drill.

This will still not backup your files! (pictures/music/downloads) I have no faith in full backup solutions in this stage of android. your best to cloud or copy them out manually.

Get back on OOS/get needed files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Use MSMToolkit first to get back to OOS. Start this first and work on getting everything else prepped while you wait between MSM/OOS updates. Update it until it can't be updated anymore.​
    • Unlock the bootloader and let it wipe and get back in, so you can enable adb again.​
    • Download this exact lineage image to extract its dtbo.img, boot.img and vendor_boot.img https://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/lineageos/full/lemonade/20220807/
    • *Caution* I have uploaded the 3 img files and copy-partitons.zip to mega.nz if you need. I do not suggest you use them as you are taking yourself out of the process of verification and thus, if something goes wrong, you have no idea if any of these were the cause or not. That being said, if you don't care. all 4 files are right here
    • the easiest way to extract images on windows is to use fastboot enhance (github / XDA Thread)​
      • in fastboot enhance, it's as simple as clicking the payload dumper tab,​
      • clicking browse, select the lineage file you downloaded and once loaded​
      • select the Partitions tab below the original tabs.​
      • While holding down ctrl on your keyboard, click boot, dtbo and vendor_boot, to highlight all 3 at once. click extract.​
      • Put the 3 files where your fastboot latest Namless image zip is.​
    • Download this copy of partitions zip. Put it in your fastboot folder​
    • Grab the latest magisk.apk if you plan on rooting and rename it from .apk to .zip​
    • and of course the latest Nameless image

Copy Partitions/Flash Nameless Time​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With everything you downloaded in your fastboot folder, type cmd in the top bar to quick open a command prompt with that location as its starting point. You should now be in cmd with your phone connected, fully updated and unlocked again (not root, just unlocked) with adb enabled again. Type
    adb reboot bootloader and check your phone, if it's not rebooting, make sure you granted adb access to your pc on the phone itself. you should be prompted once that is ran. Your phone should now be in fastboot. Now flash the 3 image files we got from lineage

fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash boot boot.im fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img

• boot into the lineage recovery by using the volume keys to change to "boot to recovery" and confirming with the power button or run the command below​
    fastboot reboot recovery

• To copy the current partition to the other. Select Apply Update and then Apply from ADB. Back in the command prompt, type​

adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip

• Make sure it initiates. Since its signature isn't verified, (i think?) you should have to click yes to force it via your phone.

• Once complete, click the back arrow and select Advanced>Reboot to Recovery
    • factory reset/format data. Once complete, in the same recovery, back arrow to main menu and apply the Nameless Rom.​

adb sideload Nameless-AOSP_lemonade-12.1-20220825-1712-Official.zip

• Once this is complete, back arrow, advanced, Reboot to recovery again.​
    • You should notice the recovery is no longer branded with a lineage logo at the top, but with nameless's logo.​
    • Factory reset again. If you want magisk, in the same recovery apply it and then reboot into your phone​

adb sideload Magisk-v25.2.zip

Thank you for joining my ted talk.
    It worked! thanks for the detailed assistance you rock.
    THREAD LOCKED

Requested by OP.

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Senior Moderator
    nameless_logo.png

Nameless AOSP for OnePlus 9 [lemonade]

Nameless AOSP is based on Android Open Source Project, inspired by Google Pixel. We offer a smooth and stable experience for your device with a selected set of amazing features that provide an exceptional user experience.

Whats working?
    Everything working :)

Known issues

Nothing yet
    You tell me

Flash Instructions

Download
    DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED !

Donate
    Chris Chen PayPal
    Chandu Dyavanapelli PayPal
    UPI ID: [email protected]

Team
    Chris Chen - Founder & lead Developer
    Chandu Dyavanapelli - Co Founder & lead Developer

Credits
    Android Open-Source Project
    Pixel Experience
    AospExtended
    Proton AOSP

LineageOS
    Havoc OS
    Arrow OS
    Krypton

Others, I may have forgot to mention

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram Group

Nameless back :)

New build up!

Note
    - Clean flash recommended

Source Changelog
    - Merged May security patch (android-12.1.0_r5)
    - Introduce automated sleep mode
    - Implement background process killer
    - Added preferred network QS tile to quick switch between 4g/5g
    - Added expanded volume panel
    - Added switch data saver icon
    - Added game props for mobile legends
    - Added customize tiles layout in QS panel
    - Added more hotspot settings (AP Band, Hidden network, Device blacklist etc)
    - Added sound QS tile
    - Added AdGuard & Cloudflare private DNS providers
    - Added Custom carrier label & Carrier label placement
    - Added Dora & Weed status bar icons
    - Allow alert slider changes in pocket mode
    - Allow adding some system apps into app lock list
    - Allow to ignore secure flag for windows (Remove screenshot & screenrecord limits)
    - Allow to force show media controller in volume dialog
    - Allow 2 more columns for qs tiles
    - Allow to hide back gesture arrow
    - Allow to switch slot in recovery for AB devices
    - Disable face enroll on Setup Wizard
    - Force fullscreen for Google Dialer
    - Use Mi 11 Ultra games prop for mobile Legends
    - Refactor updater app
    - Fixed random misplaced qs tiles layout
    - Fixed unconditional qs panel expansion in settings
    - Fixed glitchy charging info on lockscreen
    - Fixed auto answer call triggered even after turning off game mode
    - Fixed notification overlay spam with old messages in game mode
    - Fixed weird lockscreen clock font
    - Fixed partial screenshot
    - Fixed wireless emergency alerts crash in settings
    - Fixed pixel launcher search bar color in light mode

Device Changelog
    - Initial Android 12.1/12L build
    - Switch to user build
    - Switch to los kernel
    - Improved haptic feedback
    - Improved battery backup and performance
    - Update blobs, configs, props and vendor scripts from LA.UM.9.14.r1-18900-LAHAINA.QSSI12.0
    - Update CarrierConfig from OOS 12 LE2121_11.C.48
    - Fixed WiFi Display
    - Fixed telephony crash on first boot
    - Fixed Warp Charging not displaying in lockscreen
    - Fixed color modes
    - Make slider haptic feedback progressive
    - Refactor OnePlusSettings
    - Refactor and cleanup device tree and sync latest los changes
    Nameless AOSP is updated once every two months?
    Nope. I dropped and re-added support now. New build may be release every 1 or 2 weeks
    New Build Up!

Source Changelog:
    - Added App Lock
    - Added Face Unlock
    - Added more fonts
    - Fixed gaming mode settings not applied when overlay menu is disabled
    - Removed logo in settings. Simple best :)
    - Misc cleanup and improvement

Device Changelog:
    - Added DaxUI Dolby Atmos
    New build up

Note
    - Supported latest Oxygen or Hydrogen OS 11 firmware
    - Dirty flash from early build is fine

Source changelog
    - Added support to show battery info in settings
    - Improved scheduled AOD/Sleep mode
    - Fixed black theme for QS Panel
    - Improved reTicker
    - NamelessLauncher: Allow to apply themed icon for app drawer
    - NamelessLauncher: Fixed hidden apps
    - PixelLauncher & NamelessLauncher: Import more themed icon
    - Lawnchair: Updated to latest dev build
    - Minor cleanup & improvements

Device changelog
    - Fixed stutters
    - Disable lockscreen charging remaining time (Reason for disable: It's show inaccurate result)
    - Switched partial blobs back to stock OOS (You may need to repair your bluetooth devices)