• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[CLOSED][ROM][PORT] MIUI 7.5 for Lenovo Phab Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-7wLmDeB_ASU%2FVhzxrNPSb-I%2FAAAAAAAAA8o%2FMDv8IWgY9QM%2Fs1600%2FMIUI-7-Banner.jpg

Moderator Announcement: Thread closed on request of OP @TipzTeam

As you all know MIUI is a highly customizable ROM with an eye pleasing UI. I am here very happy to present for you the new MIUI 7 Global and China Beta/Developer ROM for your Phab Plus. I tried to make it as stable as I can but even then some bugs may have crept in. Since it is itself a beta ROM, it may have such bugs which I cannot solve.

Disclaimer
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Bugs
  • Camera
  • Charging issues (When it first booted up)
  • RIL
  • SD Card
  • FM Radio
  • Incorrect battery percentage

If you've found any bugs not listed here, be sure to report it.

How to Flash

1. Download the ROM
  2. Reboot into TWRP Recovery
  3. Wipe data, system, cache and dalvik cache from Advanced Wipe menu
  4. Flash the MIUI ROM
  5. Reboot your phone. The first boot may take up to 15 minutes

WARNING: Do not install OTA updates else your device might be BRICKED.

Download

Find changelogs with downloads in the second post.

Credits
Huge thanks to CyanogenMod for the base ROM and MIUI Team for providing us the beautiful MIUI ROM.
Also a huge thanks to @cciers2011/@quakze for his first attempt in this line and for being my inspiration
Massive thanks to @nitesh9 for his port for YUREKA

Used kernel
Stock Kernel from S000149 (Download: pre-compiled | source)

Telegram support group for all of my ROMs: [url]https://t.me/tipzg[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
[ROM][PORT][DISCONTINUED] MIUI 7.5 for Lenovo Phab Plus

Downloads and Changelogs

- Initial Release

Download

- Debloated the ROM
- Set DPI to 320
- Changed device name to "Lenovo Phab Plus"
- Changed manufacturer to "Lenovo"
- Tried to fix WiFi (didn't work)

Download

20200406a
- Changed the kernel to stock 5.0.2
- Fixed Bluetooth
- Kinda fixed charging issues

Download (Use 20200405) | Bluetooth fix

20200406b
- Fixed WiFi
- Made it a single package

New bugs
- Short range WiFi

Download

20200407_patch1
- Fixed Short Range WiFi

Download (Use 20200406b) | Patch

- Merged Short Range WiFi Patch
- Fixed Sensors
- Tried to fix Camera (Failed)

Download

Last edited:

minusioner

Feb 2, 2011
thank you for bringing new life into the Phab Plus!
i have tried the 5thApr build, so far besides the known wifi problem I am not sure if this is a valid problem.
I tried to share internet connection using BT from my other phones. It connected fine and was able to open web pages. However when i try to login to my google account in the settings, it says Google server could not be located. Is this the BT fix you are talking about in the 6thApr build?

thank you for bringing new life into the Phab Plus!
i have tried the 5thApr build, so far besides the known wifi problem I am not sure if this is a valid problem.
I tried to share internet connection using BT from my other phones. It connected fine and was able to open web pages. However when i try to login to my google account in the settings, it says Google server could not be located. Is this the BT fix you are talking about in the 6thApr build?

No, Google Services seems to be broken for now. I made WiFi working in the latest build. Also, I invite you to join my telegram group so we can easily communicate and maybe even fix a few issues.

minusioner

Feb 2, 2011
No, Google Services seems to be broken for now. I made WiFi working in the latest build. Also, I invite you to join my telegram group so we can easily communicate and maybe even fix a few issues.

alright will be trying the latest build later. will let you know what else I have found.
thanks for inviting me to telegram, however i dont use it and no plans to do so anytime soon.
Nonetheless I will post things i found with this ROM as promptly as i can. :)

alright will be trying the latest build later. will let you know what else I have found.
thanks for inviting me to telegram, however i dont use it and no plans to do so anytime soon.

I have the device but I am not sure what the commuinty can find then what I have tested

I have fixed weak WiFi. Just a reminder

Also what exact model do you have? I have the PB1-770M

minusioner

Feb 2, 2011
I have the exact same device.
I have tried the latest build with weak wifi, so far it seems to connect fine. I am using 5GHz wifi and so far no problem. Could you be more specific as what do you mean by weak wifi? Lose connection easily or connection is fine but transfer speed is slow or etc.

I have the exact same device.
I have tried the latest build with weak wifi, so far it seems to connect fine. I am using 5GHz wifi and so far no problem. Could you be more specific as what do you mean by weak wifi? Lose connection easily or connection is fine but transfer speed is slow or etc.

I have fixed it in the latest build. (patch)

minusioner

Feb 2, 2011
i have just found another bug , the screen rotation function is not working as intended. most of the apps cannot rotate, except for the builtin MIUI web browser, however after it goes into landscape mode the screen kind of freezes and you have to force close it.

wifi is working fine

i have just found another bug , the screen rotation function is not working as intended. most of the apps cannot rotate, except for the builtin MIUI web browser, however after it goes into landscape mode the screen kind of freezes and you have to force close it.

wifi is working fine
Not rotating is because the sensors aren't working. If you want to watch YouTube, sideload the latest play services and YouTube, don't login and it will work.

minusioner

Feb 2, 2011
thanks noted about the rotation problem.

however i did try installing youtube using apk file, installed fine but app wont run, just force closes everytime. should i try installing from TWRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.